The_Dealer's soft core build... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The_Dealer's soft core build...

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 02-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

The_Dealer's soft core build...

Edited to get this thing organized: So I guess its time to start a build thread. So I bought my tj 2 days before thanksgiving. I had budget build plans before I ever even bought it. This is my first time with a coil spring rig so I'm learning as I go. I started with a 150k mile stock unmolested 2000 TJ 4.0, 32rh, 231, with 3.07 gears. Ran the bb for a while, and wanted a better ride. Also about 2 months after I had it, the 0331 head cracked.

I'll try to keep the current mod list, and a current pic on the front page
Mod List:
3" Bds front coils
Stock front coils in rear
RE superflex lower arms
Skyjacker Hydro's
RK rear upper arms
Homemade disco's
33x10.50 KM2's on 15x8 Soft 8's with 3.75" bs
ATK 4.7 stroker crate motor
Smittybilt D-ring rear bumper
Mopar bumper end caps
1" bl
SYE/CV shaft
Jks rear angled track bar bracket

Day I brought her home

Starting the superflex arm swap

Smittybilt bumper

Here's when I knew i had the bug again

How she sits now(9-26-13)

Unread 02-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
TJsjeeptj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nice start. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the crate motor?
TJsjeeptj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJsjeeptj View Post
Nice start. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the crate motor?
2900 for the motor from summit, I'm just a few minutes from them so I didn't have to pay shipping.
Unread 02-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Removed b.s.
Unread 02-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #5
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Removed more b.s.
Unread 02-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #6
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

BB+33's: Had a chance to wheel some...well my wife did. It was her first time

Unread 02-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #7
blitz134
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Nice start to a build. What do you think of the stroker's power over the 4.0?

At first, I was quickly scrolling through your pics, never looking at where you were from, but I immediately noticed the red clay. I could instantly tell where you were from! I'm originally from Thomaston; its funny how certain things are so recognizable when you grow up around it.
Unread 02-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #8
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

love the stroker. Gobs more power and down low torque then the 4.0
Of course my 4.0 wasn't running that great to begin with. I'm thinking about an aw4 swap so I can have o/d. That red clay is so much fun, but not when its time to clean up
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #9
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Today my Bds 3" front coils came in, still waiting on the rear. I'm going to try to run them with my skyjacker shocks for a while, and eventually ome or 5100's.

When I first got the jeep I didn't take too many pics along the way of the slow progress. So I'll be editing this thread, and adding some more I'm depth pics. Future mods will be more in depth. The whole goal of my build, is as cheap as possible, while being a reliable did, and a capable, low height rig.
Unread 03-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #10
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Great start on your Jeep. How do you like the KM2?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #11
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Love em, this is the 4th set i've had. Had 35x12.50's on my sas'd bronco ii, set of 285/75-17's, and 285/60-20's on my silverado. I almost went with general grabbers but decided to go tried and true
Unread 03-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #12
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

So here's the bds 3" front coils. I paid right over $150 shipped from ORW. I was a little worried going on some of the reviews I've read about ORW. But I decided to go ahead anyways. I ordered on a Saturday, they said they were out of stock, and would be drop shipped from bds. Well that Wednesday I emailed about a tracking number. When I checked that number on ups, it showed it delivered on a date 2 weeks before I ordered. I started to freak out, but needless to say, it was a glitch on the ups site, and they were home that day when I got off. Really fast shipping! I would definately order from them again. Which brings me to the ordering of some 2" rears. Which came in finally.

So there's a few things I want to do for the rear when I put the coils in. So I decided to put the 3" fronts in, and move my old 2" spacers to the back in place of the 1.25". The front rides super smooth.

Here's the front coils

Here's with the 3" front, and stock rear with 2" spacers. I need a track bar bracket for the rear and possibly plate and relocate the hole for the front. The track bar issue is why I wanted to wait to put the bds coils in the rear. Gives a lot more room for the tires

So throughout working on the suspension I'll be doing other stuff as well. I'm gathering parts for an sye for the rear coil install as well. If you take a look at my flare trim job you will see I did one sketchy looking hack job. I've tried to clean the cuts some but they are pretty jacked. Also the p.o. did a hideous paint job on them. When I trimmed them I was in a huge rush, and needed to get the 33's on asap with the bb. So I got on amazon.com and ordered up some rugged ridge replacements. They will look a lot better with the added room as well. Progress is starting to slow down on her right now due to a new job, and a daughter due on april 18th. So my time is pretty tight here lately. Also you'll notice that I added a matching spare wheel, and a 32" spare tire(thanks to.my dads s10 needing new ones).

I also forgot to mention, the wheels are summit racing soft 8's. I do not reccomend these to anyone. 2 were bent right out of the box. Not thinking I didn't have my tire guy check the trueness of them before mounting the tires. Summit has a "if they are mounted you are fawked" policy. So at least I have 2 back up rims. I will be going with the pro comp black "classic II" style rims later on.
Unread 03-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #13
93civic_Sedan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Very clean! Very similar to my current setup. I plan to move from rear spacers to 2" BDS coils soon.
Unread 08-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #14
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Money started getting a little tight, so I've been trying to do the free/cheaper mods. I painted the headlight bezels black. It looks so much better. Somewhere in the chaos, I added some eBay h4 conversion lights. I was running hid's in them, but swapped them out for some silverstars. I plan on something a bit better later on, but for now they are better then stock
Unread 08-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #15
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Ever since day one, I installed an old Panasonic headunit I had. The passenger side dash speaker was non functional, so I got some cheap xplode 4x6's and 6.5" soundbar speakers.

I also started making my behind the seat downfiring ported box for my sundown e10. Installed a Sound Ordinance 350x1 RMS amp. Its crutchfields in house brand and I was pretty impressed. Here's some pics of the box.

This was my first attempt at a ported box. Its 1.78 cuft, 4" PVC port, tuned to around 34hz. It pounds pretty hard, top up or down. No problems turning heads from a ways down the road. I'm not really into that, so I just keep it low. I still need to cover the box with something. The good thing is it can't be removed with the tailgate locked. I also made a smaller sealed box, both of which use nutserts for sub mounting. That way I can swap the box for trips, and get some storage back while still having some tunes

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.