Thats right I put 20" wheels on it! (Said with pride!) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Thats right I put 20" wheels on it! (Said with pride!)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-02-2014, 12:37 AM   #1
CaFlvrTJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thats right I put 20" wheels on it! (Said with pride!)

I fell in love with the the style and attitude of the Wrangler when I was only 17 year old. Well, it took more than 25 years for me to make it happen, but late last year I finally got one! One thing that I love about these vehicles is that there are so many layers and combos to make it your own. I spent about a month looking into all of the options, accessories, mods. One thing that I discovered during my search was the mockery, shame and berating of anyone that asked a question about a wheel larger than an 18" (18" was even shunned upon by most!)
Well, fellow Jeep owners, get your most witty insults together and be prepared to put me down for sacrilege, because I dun done it! 20" wheels baby- and I love em'! No, I'm not a hip hop white guy or a black woman, or whatever cute assumptions you can come up. The sarcasm and funny humanicons are welcomed, but for those of you that were looking to go big, lift it, hitch it, muscle it up or cruisin' it down is what you like- I say JUST DO YOU! (I sure did). Here are the pix, with a list of all the things that I did to MY ride:

-20" Helo HE875 wheels w/ Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/55/20
-Clear parking/turn signal package
-Chrome Grill insert, hood latches, Mirrors, Gas cap & brake light covers
-Fully chrome plated hood cowl
-Bestop black diamond roll bar padding
-Vented Hood Scoop
-Added Sahara side molding
-Mopar Bug deflector
-Body match painted fender flares
-Big Boy Brackets (Push seat back 4")
-Scott Drake 8" billet antenna
-Rampage halogen conversion headlights
-Black Neoprene seat covers
-Red coated brake calipers
-$0.98 "Little Tree" air freshener

I have driven some very nice custom German vehicles, but never have I gotten more stops, thumbs-up, comments and hot chick-corner mouth grin, than I have from this ride. Is it trail rated? Well, if Los Angeles' 405 freeway at 5:30pm is your idea of a "Trail", then helll yeahhhh!

1luv,

D

dzo1.jpg

dzo2.jpg

dzo3.jpg

dzo4.jpg

dzo5.jpg

Last edited by CaFlvrTJ; 02-02-2014 at 01:07 AM.. Reason: sizing
CaFlvrTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 03:17 PM   #2
TeeJay4490
1999 WJ 

If you took all the chrome off it wouldnt be so fugly. The wheels are the least of your worries

1999 Grand Laredo 4x4: [SIZE="2"]Whats left of a front bumper - JK Saharas' with 33's - 4 in. Rough Country lift - HID conversion - Double cardon conversion - TJ gas cap mod - Recovery points added - Painted cladding and grill - Skid plates - All moog suspension- Roof Rack -CB radio - Cut and trimmed fenders[/SIZE]

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/tjswj-build-thread-1438516/[/url]

[url]http://wjjeeps.com/[/url]
TeeJay4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 03:36 PM   #3
NYGLT56
Your Local Body Builder
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Its not the size that is frowned upon, its the excess weight you just put on stock axles...Those rims are 40lbs a piece. My uncle once put 20s on his jeep. He had to swap out to 60s to handle the weight on the bearings. Good luck mate.
Unread 02-05-2014, 04:19 PM   #4
95YJMountie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

The added weight from those wheels isnt anything more extreme than someone putting 35's on stock axels which is done all the time. Not saying its a good thing, but ive seen worse. As for the jeep itself, i actually kinda like it. Not my style for sure, but its different, and i like different
95YJMountie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 04:22 PM   #5
NYGLT56
Your Local Body Builder
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95YJMountie View Post
The added weight from those wheels isnt anything more extreme than someone putting 35's on stock axels which is done all the time. Not saying its a good thing, but ive seen worse. As for the jeep itself, i actually kinda like it. Not my style for sure, but its different, and i like different
Which is where I was getting at As for styling, I don't care about other rigs...its your jeep, do what you want.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.