Teraflex leveling kit with 285 durtracs help? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Teraflex leveling kit with 285 durtracs help?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!

Unread 06-24-2014, 06:15 PM   #1
peterr30
2014 JK Wrangler 

Teraflex leveling kit with 285 durtracs help?

Hello all, I need opinions, ideas , and thoughts if it makes sense on my lift/tire/combo parts here is my idea:

Goodyear duratracs 285/70/r17, plan to run these on stock jk 17inch Moab rims. Because of something about back spacing I know I need to get wheel spacers so the spidertracs 1.5 inch spacers are going to be bought

I plan to then run the teraflex leveling kit for clearance for the bigger tires

I have read around the forum and have found this setup above to be very successful and conservative, which is what I am interested in. I have decided the tear flex leveling kit because I have heard of the 2.5 inch tear flex lift with shocks being to much of a height gain for those with weak coil compression rates on 2drs with the 285 duratracs With this being said I have thought of buying 19/60 coils from mopar to be installed with the duratracs. I currently have 14/56 coils. I have though of going this route because I want less body roll. with the stiffer coils it will also give me around an extra inch of lift. Also the stiffer coils will provide less sag if/when I get a aftermarket bumper up front with a winch. With the above facts I have thought longer shocks would be nessasary because I'm gaining not only the teraflex leveling kit, but the stiffer and slightly taller coils. So have thought of buying the appropriate shock length for the lift size. I have thought of the skyjacker shocks for 2 inches of lift.

All in all this makes sense in my head however I have never had a jeep or lifted any vehicle but have done quite a bit of research on it. I just need anyone's thoughts questions additional parts that would be absolutely necessary to run this set up, opinions , anything you can think of about this possible setup. thanks!

peterr30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.