A Teenager with a Dream - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Teenager with a Dream

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 07-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #121
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
So wait, you're going to use a play on words for an equipment package that was not available until 13 model years after your vehicles production? Or did I miss that you are in the process of swapping in 44s, coil springs, sway bar discos, and a low range transfer case?

That aside (gotta give ya a hard time ), looks like a nice start. Reminds me of my 1990 I had a while back.

Are you going to ditch the shackles when you throw the lift on?
I knew it wouldnt take long to get some of that from the forum! haha. I understand the misuse of the word and was simply trying to get some hood decoration Maybe TJ flares will help??
And I will definitely be losing the shackles. going back to stock until I can get some booms from one of the guys on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katch26 View Post
My first car was a 84 jeep Cherokee pioneer with the 2.5l 4 cyl. I loved that truck but it was the biggest pos lol, learned then and there to never buy the first model year....amc too.
Trust me, Mine was NO walk in the park either haha. I did figure out that it had cruise control the week before I sold it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doophus View Post
Thanks for the info, Carlos, JeepinDavis and Katch . . .

I definitely LEARNED SOMETHING NEW TODAY.
If anything, thats what this thread should be about, learning about each other's jeeps. Gotta Love Jeep Knowlege!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #122
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Okay, so does anybody know what the above mentioned Newsletter was about. As I said before, This is my first hearing of this and I'm interested!

I sold my old soft top today to a local jeeper lady. She simply wanted to use it as a sun cover so it worked out for both of us! Got a little extra money to go towards more wheels for the 33s. I have decided I am not making another mod purchase until I have installed the money I have already spent on such things as suspension and shocks.. Im off tomorrow. maybe Ill get something done!
Adding Pictures Soon!

Quote:
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Unread 07-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #123
8pitcher
bad*** jeeper

1988 YJ Wrangler 

i like it. just like my grandpas 89 yj but his is all stock. im currently in the process of rebuilding a 72 cj5 and i know what it is like to go through what you are going through but at least you can drive yours!!
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #124
Toxic94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
Okay, so does anybody know what the above mentioned Newsletter was about. As I said before, This is my first hearing of this and I'm interested!

I sold my old soft top today to a local jeeper lady. She simply wanted to use it as a sun cover so it worked out for both of us! Got a little extra money to go towards more wheels for the 33s. I have decided I am not making another mod purchase until I have installed the money I have already spent on such things as suspension and shocks.. Im off tomorrow. maybe Ill get something done!
Adding Pictures Soon!
im pretty sure i say im not gonna spend any more money until i do __________, then i find _________ and im back to square one...
Toxic94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #125
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
i like it. just like my grandpas 89 yj but his is all stock. im currently in the process of rebuilding a 72 cj5 and i know what it is like to go through what you are going through but at least you can drive yours!!
Lets see it! and trust me, you will love yours that much more when you actually can drive it also!

Quote:
Unread 07-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #126
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic94 View Post
im pretty sure i say im not gonna spend any more money until i do __________, then i find _________ and im back to square one...
Thats exactly why I still have no lift!

Quote:
Unread 07-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #127
Toxic94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Tuesday man... lol
Unread 07-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #128
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic94 View Post
Tuesday man... lol
I dont know if we can do it in one day, but we will see!

Quote:
Unread 07-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #129
Toxic94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

i dont see why not... but then again its jeep time so i wouldnt be able to forsee in an
yways lol
Unread 07-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #130
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post

Adding Pictures Soon!
I just deleted the email or I would have screenshotted it for you. JF sends out a weekly email to members and this week featured your build. It gave a short bio and a link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 11:09 PM   #131
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
I just deleted the email or I would have screenshotted it for you. JF sends out a weekly email to members and this week featured your build. It gave a short bio and a link.
Dang, I should have asked earlier! haha. thanks Jones, Anybody else have it they want to forward to me?

Quote:
Unread 07-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #132
8pitcher
bad*** jeeper

1988 YJ Wrangler 

This is my cj that I'm rebuilding.

image-2542531500.jpg

It's got a 304 v8 that I'm rebuilding because after looking at the tranny I figured it prolly needed to be looked at.

image-593982825.jpg

image-3442729989.jpg

I had to weld on the rear of the frame. But today I took everything off the frame so I can get it sand blasted.

image-1671793868.jpg

This is my tranny that I rebuilt last week. And may I mind you that I am 16 so I'm flat broke so this is kinda hard to do. But I got all the mechanical skills necessary to do this rebuild.

image-1145036665.jpg

And this is the brand new tub that came with my jeep.

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

Unread 07-01-2012, 11:43 PM   #133
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
This is my cj that I'm rebuilding.

Attachment 425586

It's got a 304 v8 that I'm rebuilding because after looking at the tranny I figured it prolly needed to be looked at.

Attachment 425587

Attachment 425588

I had to weld on the rear of the frame. But today I took everything off the frame so I can get it sand blasted.

Attachment 425589

This is my tranny that I rebuilt last week. And may I mind you that I am 16 so I'm flat broke so this is kinda hard to do. But I got all the mechanical skills necessary to do this rebuild.

Attachment 425590

And this is the brand new tub that came with my jeep.
That's awesome man! Im sure by the time you're done, Itll be sweet! Keep on working hard man!

Quote:
Unread 07-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #134
PhotoJeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Carlos - Great job on the Jeep! I have a 1990 YJ that I got new in 1990. Here is a photo of what a grownup Jeep looks like.
It has an SOA Dana 44's with ARB's and a NV4500 with an Atlas 3.8. Much more... I have had it for 22 years so lot's of good times...

Jerry "JJ" The "PhotoJeeper"
http://photojeeper.net (web site is just getting started)
dsc_0072.jpg  
PhotoJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 11:49 PM   #135
8pitcher
bad*** jeeper

1988 YJ Wrangler 

ya it will be sweet it'll have 4.5-6 inches of lift when i am do with it. i cant wait to go wheelin. since i cannot in my JK

Tags
build , highschool , nc guys , one bright yj , orange wrangler , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.