A Teenager with a Dream - Page 85 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Teenager with a Dream

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 01-15-2014, 10:26 PM   #1261
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

okay one more hint... I just ordered a Lokka Locker for up front, but it will not be going in the axle under my jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 10:27 PM   #1262
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
okay one more hint... I just ordered a Lokka Locker for up front, but it will not be going in the axle under my jeep.
Hp44!
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014, 02:37 PM   #1263
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

No not a 44 unfortunately but For the deal I got it's certainly money well spent.

Also Found a great deal on an SYE from CSE Offroad. Ordering one tonight for $137 shipped.

Quote:
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Unread 01-16-2014, 02:39 PM   #1264
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Found a great deal on an SYE from CSE Offroad. Ordering one tonight for $137 shipped.
I saw that! Wish I had the cash right now for it
Unread 01-16-2014, 03:19 PM   #1265
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
I saw that! Wish I had the cash right now for it
I was going to hold off and get it next week month but for the price I couldn't pass it up. This build started off as a budget build and I'm afraid it's reached the point where the budget upgrades are few and far in between. Just means I have to search a little harder for good deals and jump when they show up.

Quote:
Unread 01-16-2014, 05:31 PM   #1266
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I was going to hold off and get it next week month but for the price I couldn't pass it up. This build started off as a budget build and I'm afraid it's reached the point where the budget upgrades are few and far in between. Just means I have to search a little harder for good deals and jump when they show up.
its still a budget build my friend, you are just making more money.. which means the budget increases too!
Driver831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014, 06:09 PM   #1267
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver831 View Post
its still a budget build my friend, you are just making more money.. which means the budget increases too!
This is true, and making some good friends in the industry all the while, which definitely helps.

Quote:
Unread 01-17-2014, 10:45 PM   #1268
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Without further a due (supposing that is how its spelled) here's the days spoils!

D30 SOA w/ Proper high steer. 4.56 Gears.

8.8 4 linked, Coil suspension, trussed w/ 4.56

I'll have to have some brackets welded on, that were provided by the way, but up front should bolt on relatively easily. My rear will now be 4 link and coils. I'll likely gain more lift from this setup which I don't really want to do as I like my ride height but I'm looking into options.

I'll be getting in my SYE and Lokka next week so my parts pile is growing even more. As for what I know I will need for sure to complete the swap I'm assembling a list. one from which I will likely miss pieces and thus you guys can help.

To get for swap:
New trans mount (needs to be replaced anyways)
Factory trans skid bolts as Im ditching the TC Drop
Extended brake lines
XJ shaft to cut and have balanced.

Ill be adding to the list as I find more parts needed.

Everything that I remove will be up for sale to hopefully recoup some costs and in turn go towards more armor.

Quote:
Unread 01-17-2014, 10:49 PM   #1269
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Without further a due (supposing that is how its spelled) here's the days spoils!

D30 SOA w/ Proper high steer. 4.56 Gears.

8.8 4 linked, Coil suspension, trussed w/ 4.56

I'll have to have some brackets welded on, that were provided by the way, but up front should bolt on relatively easily. My rear will now be 4 link and coils. I'll likely gain more lift from this setup which I don't really want to do as I like my ride height but I'm looking into options.

I'll be getting in my SYE and Lokka next week so my parts pile is growing even more. As for what I know I will need for sure to complete the swap I'm assembling a list. one from which I will likely miss pieces and thus you guys can help.

To get for swap:
New trans mount (needs to be replaced anyways)
Factory trans skid bolts as Im ditching the TC Drop
Extended brake lines
XJ shaft to cut and have balanced.

Ill be adding to the list as I find more parts needed.

Everything that I remove will be up for sale to hopefully recoup some costs and in turn go towards more armor.
Mega score!
Unread 01-17-2014, 10:53 PM   #1270
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
Mega score!
A little horse-trading, and my out of pocket cost is around $600 so far for axles and suspension.

Here are some pics of the rig it came off of. Pretty simple yj from the top but not so much underneath.

Quote:
Unread 01-17-2014, 11:10 PM   #1271
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Are you gonna keep the link brackets as they are? I'm no link expert but it may be adventagous to triangulate the uppers and lose the track bar. But if everything works well as is then disregard

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 11:12 PM   #1272
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
Are you gonna keep the link brackets as they are? I'm no link expert but it may be adventagous to triangulate the uppers and lose the track bar. But if everything works well as is then disregard
I wad going to say the same thing
Unread 01-17-2014, 11:15 PM   #1273
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

That truss is already welded like crazy so it would probably be easier to add to it to mount the upper link brackets.

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 11:49 PM   #1274
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion
Took the words right out of my mouth. I think triangulated 4 link would be a better setup. How should be a awesome combo tho!
Unread 01-17-2014, 11:52 PM   #1275
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

This will be my first real experience with links but this is set up almost exactly as a TJ factory setup, from what I was told. I can certainly see how a center UCA mount would help with articulation. It's definitely possible but the guy I bought it from told me everything worked great on his. I think I will just keep things the way they are currently.

If I find myself unhappy with ride height after I install everything I will probably pull it apart and make adjustment from there. I want to ditch the front shackles because of their length but that would mean shorter rear coils also and thus I'll need to make adjustments to the link lengths as well.

Quote:

Tags
build , highschool , nc guys , one bright yj , orange wrangler , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.