A Teenager with a Dream - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Teenager with a Dream

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 06-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #106
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus87gn View Post
Carlos,
Good work so far on your build - you should consider yourself lucky
I was unable to get started building my dream until I was 30 and graduated college
Ive had my 87 now for 14 years and still not done yet!
I'll be posting a build thread in the future
Keep up the fun and updates on the build
Keep that cutie you have there too!
Thanks man! I am blessed to have the opportunity! Look forward to seeing your build as well. Fee free to post a link here for us to check out. And that's the plan man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doophus View Post
Just a little confused here, Carlos . . .

According to my information, ALL 1986 Jeeps were still AMC CJ's, not Cherokees or XJ's.

Otherwise, looks like you are doing an AWESOME JOB with your new project.

Keep us updated with lots of pictures.
The title read 1986 AMC jeep Cherokee pioneer. Was a 2.8l v6
And I certainly will my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo_deerslayer View Post
Good job Carlos!! Keep us posted.
Thanks for the encouragement! Stay posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #107
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadleroux View Post
Great build and great thread. You, as a member of the much-maligned "youth of today," are an inspiration on your own too. Don't know if I'm right, but I think people like giving you good deals because you're a nice guy. Keep it up...

Iirc, there's a YJ very similar to yours in mint condition in one of the South-east Asian countries - also black and white, for a start - think it was Malaysia, but I can't find the thread now. Maybe one of the other YJ owners will remember him too.

And you're quite right, white Jeeps are very cool. When I was looking, I had red and white as my two first choices, and I would've taken either, but in the end I'm glad I got the red one, because it always looks very good on my buddies' photographs, and a large majority of 4-wheelers here are white trucks, of which a large majority again are Toyotas - we call them kitchen appliances...
Thanks man! I really do meet some great people and it never hurts to help someone else out! I need to look into that other jeep if anyone knows who it is! Red was what I originally wanted, but I love the white now Haha. I appreciate ya checking out my build! Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spease View Post
Great thread Carlos. Congrats on everything. Sounds like "you got your head screwed on straight" - as the old folks used to say

Build looks great and it is fun reading about the deals you are getting. I drive a white '94 with several similar mods. I was a youth pastor when I bought mine

Keep up the good work. Excited about what lies before you at college and in life.

God bless,

-Sean
That's awesome! I'll hopefully within the next few years be a jeepin youth pastor as well and I appreciate I can't wait to see where I end up and even what my jeep ends up looking like! Thanks Sean. Great looking YJ by the way! God bless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superyj View Post
Your YJ looks great, Im in highschool right now and buying parts isn't easy, right now I need to get some hard doors and tires that aren't bald, I should have just stuck with a soft top like you.

It looks great with the hard top too man! Keep up the work. I'm liking those wheels more and more daily! Good luck on the doors! If you need any help, pm me and we can see what we can do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperToad View Post
dude, I saw that you had some frisbee's in your back seat! I know this isnt about jeeps or anything but I LOVE LOVE LOVE to play me some disc golf! I grew up playing with my dad in California, then play whenever I have time, where I live now there is not a course readily available so my friends and I "make" one. We choose random buildings/targets that we have to throw too an make our own course! Awesome jeep by the way just had to get a word in about the frisbee golf discs lol
I love playing disc man! Thankfully we have a couple courses out my way! hopefully theyll have some at my college!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward View Post
Great progress👍
Thanks man!

Quote:
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Unread 06-30-2012, 11:23 PM   #108
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttm View Post
Congrats on college, I lived in lakeland years ago, kind of a boring area sometimes, but there is a ton of 4wd folks in that area, and a dragstrip!, a friend of mines son builds 4wd trucks there, got a decent little setup. be prepared for HEAT and when it rains you won't believe how hard it can rain!
I am looking forward to It! it was really nice when i was there visiting so i can only have that to look forward to! i saw a couple 4wd places. hopefully I can get in good with them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottahot1 View Post
Hi, nice lookin' Jeep (but aren't they all?)

If you haven't added steps to your shop-built rock sliders, consider that the nerf bars you have are for looks and ingress/egress assistance ONLY. The first time you hit them on a rock (some say they even attract the rocks), they WILL bend and no longer look good. It really depends on what kind of trails you go on - the nerf bars are fine for the beach but inadequate for rocks.

Keep up the great work. Making our Jeeps unique with inexpensive parts and some ingenuity is half the fun of owning them!
And thanks man! I think I'm gonna sell the nerf bars and build steps on the rocker guards! They look bettet that way IMHO. and youre right! Making them unique is all part of the fun!

Quote:
Unread 06-30-2012, 11:34 PM   #109
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzel View Post
i started with a 52 cj3a that is still a basket case
now i am up to a cj5 and a cj7
i am going to do a diesel swap . toyota diesel
4 inch lift i have in the 5 is going into the 7 and lockers with 35 inch good year mtrs the original pattern
going for a wind jammer and duster since there are no kids here .... for now.....

your yj is looking good if you ever come north of the border look me up i live north of lake huron .... this goes for anyone that comes my way
Sounds like you know what youre doing man! I'm starting to like the duster look! and ill keep that in mind man! I've been to canada a couple times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bates View Post
Awesome thread young'n. Keep it goin! I too, drive a white wrangler and I love it!!!
Thanks Bates! Hoping to be able to have mine forever so maybe we can ride together someday Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo45 View Post
Awesome job, Carlos! Keep going!
Thanks for reading mondo!
And welcome to the forum!

Quote:
Unread 06-30-2012, 11:36 PM   #110
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandmedic View Post
Keep up the awesome work! I grew up in a jeep, took some time to pretend I liked other vehicles, and eventually came back home. Have fun with it and hope to see you out there. Tread Lightly my friend!
Welcome back! haha, same to ya my friend!

Quote:
Unread 06-30-2012, 11:50 PM   #111
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Alright everyone sorry for the lack of build in this page but I want to do my best to talk to as many people as I can. You all take the time to read my build, the least I can so Is show my appreciation!

Back to build: totally scored today! A guy who comes In my work (i feel like all of my stories start like this) makes decals and lettering so I have been trying to figure out what I wanted to have him make me, and then It hit me! I spend all my money on the yj... all my coin... wish I had a rubicon, how about RUBICOIN ? (my exact thought process) so I told him today and he said I'll be back in a couple hours..

He brought me these.

3 fonts and a couple other just for fun! He made some 4.0l ones also, too bad I dont have one of those

Tomorrow will be the day for decals. Looking forward to it. What do you guys think?

**Edit** I forgot to mention that when I asked they guy what I owed him for the stickers, he said "dont even worry about it!" How awesome! I certainly owe him big time!

Quote:
Unread 07-01-2012, 05:29 AM   #112
BlackJack7
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The Jeep looks good man, let me know when you move down here to go to Southeastern and we can go do some wheelin. I live pretty close to the campus.
BlackJack7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #113
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Carlos, your thread made it to the weekly email newsletter, as I'm sure you already know. Congrats! Now lets see some decals, lift install, and new (to you) tires!

Ok not really worthless but its a fun gif.
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #114
HerkyBird
2011 JK Wrangler 

Did you win anything off that $20 lotto ticket?
HerkyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #115
jfinlaw
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Subscribed. It seems you're much more motivated, and better funded than I am. A little jealous lol. Looks great man, can't wait to see how your dream pans out for you!
[SIZE="2"]Green Jeep Club #633[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Motorcharge;13870204]You had me at bacon wrapped. :drool:[/QUOTE]
jfinlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #116
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

So wait, you're going to use a play on words for an equipment package that was not available until 13 model years after your vehicles production? Or did I miss that you are in the process of swapping in 44s, coil springs, sway bar discos, and a low range transfer case?

That aside (gotta give ya a hard time ), looks like a nice start. Reminds me of my 1990 I had a while back.

Are you going to ditch the shackles when you throw the lift on?
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #117
jeepindavis
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doophus View Post
Just a little confused here, Carlos . . .

According to my information, ALL 1986 Jeeps were still AMC CJ's, not Cherokees or XJ's.

Otherwise, looks like you are doing an AWESOME JOB with your new project.

Keep us updated with lots of pictures.
Nope. I've got a '98 XJ and two '84 CJ's and consider myself fairly knowledgable as far as Jeep...XJ's have been around since '84 and were originally made by AMC.
jeepindavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #118
katch26
2000 WJ 

My first car was a 84 jeep Cherokee pioneer with the 2.5l 4 cyl. I loved that truck but it was the biggest pos lol, learned then and there to never buy the first model year....amc too.
katch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #119
Doophus
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
The title read 1986 AMC jeep Cherokee pioneer. Was a 2.8l v6
And I certainly will my friend!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepindavis View Post
Nope. I've got a '98 XJ and two '84 CJ's and consider myself fairly knowledgable as far as Jeep...XJ's have been around since '84 and were originally made by AMC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katch26 View Post
My first car was a 84 jeep Cherokee pioneer with the 2.5l 4 cyl. I loved that truck but it was the biggest pos lol, learned then and there to never buy the first model year....amc too.
Thanks for the info, Carlos, JeepinDavis and Katch . . .

I definitely LEARNED SOMETHING NEW TODAY.
Doophus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #120
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack7 View Post
The Jeep looks good man, let me know when you move down here to go to Southeastern and we can go do some wheelin. I live pretty close to the campus.
Awesome! I now have someone to wheel with! Ill definitely let ya know when I get down there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewe02 View Post
Carlos, your thread made it to the weekly email newsletter, as I'm sure you already know. Congrats! Now lets see some decals, lift install, and new (to you) tires!

Ok not really worthless but its a fun gif.
What Newsletter?? this is the first I am hearing of this!
Its all coming! I finally got a couple days off so hopefully Ill get something done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkyBird View Post
Did you win anything off that $20 lotto ticket?
I work at a Convenience store haha. I, unfortunately was not the winner of that $100 ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinlaw View Post
Subscribed. It seems you're much more motivated, and better funded than I am. A little jealous lol. Looks great man, can't wait to see how your dream pans out for you!
Thanks for following the thread man! I dont know about the funded part, but I certainly am dedicated to finishing this rig, if i ever can, the way I want!

Quote:

Tags
build , highschool , nc guys , one bright yj , orange wrangler , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.