A Teenager with a Dream - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Teenager with a Dream

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 06-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #91
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Mirror effect!

Late night joy ride. Hopefully soon ill have the lift and 33s installed making them true twins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #92
zeus87gn
Automotive Neurosurgeon

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Carlos,
Good work so far on your build - you should consider yourself lucky
I was unable to get started building my dream until I was 30 and graduated college
Ive had my 87 now for 14 years and still not done yet!
I'll be posting a build thread in the future
Keep up the fun and updates on the build
Keep that cutie you have there too!

"Man has not yet evolved an inch from the primordial slime that spawned him." Mark Blankfield, Jekyll & Hyde... Together again

Holley Carb thread
zeus87gn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #93
Doophus
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
I am Carlos Chavira, A 2012 high school graduate out of NC and soon to be student at Southeastern University in Lakeland Fl. I will be studying Youth Ministry and later taking that where ever I shall be led! This is now my second jeep. My first was a 1986 jeep Cherokee XJ. Bought stock and built it up a little bit.
Just a little confused here, Carlos . . .

According to my information, ALL 1986 Jeeps were still AMC CJ's, not Cherokees or XJ's.

Otherwise, looks like you are doing an AWESOME JOB with your new project.

Keep us updated with lots of pictures.
Doophus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #94
camo_deerslayer
2008 JK Wrangler 

Good job Carlos!! Keep us posted.
camo_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #95
stadleroux
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Great build and great thread. You, as a member of the much-maligned "youth of today," are an inspiration on your own too. Don't know if I'm right, but I think people like giving you good deals because you're a nice guy. Keep it up...

Iirc, there's a YJ very similar to yours in mint condition in one of the South-east Asian countries - also black and white, for a start - think it was Malaysia, but I can't find the thread now. Maybe one of the other YJ owners will remember him too.

And you're quite right, white Jeeps are very cool. When I was looking, I had red and white as my two first choices, and I would've taken either, but in the end I'm glad I got the red one, because it always looks very good on my buddies' photographs, and a large majority of 4-wheelers here are white trucks, of which a large majority again are Toyotas - we call them kitchen appliances...
Unread 06-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #96
spease
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Great thread Carlos. Congrats on everything. Sounds like "you got your head screwed on straight" - as the old folks used to say

Build looks great and it is fun reading about the deals you are getting. I drive a white '94 with several similar mods. I was a youth pastor when I bought mine

Keep up the good work. Excited about what lies before you at college and in life.

God bless,

-Sean
img_0209.jpg  
spease is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #97
Superyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Your YJ looks great, Im in highschool right now and buying parts isn't easy, right now I need to get some hard doors and tires that aren't bald, I should have just stuck with a soft top like you.

Superyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #98
HarperToad
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Here are a few pics of what I'm working with!

Almost couldnt fit the whole 2.5 in the picture haha

The interior:

painted door panels:

holds up well but has seen a couple scratches due to me taking them off a lot!

just for fun!
dude, I saw that you had some frisbee's in your back seat! I know this isnt about jeeps or anything but I LOVE LOVE LOVE to play me some disc golf! I grew up playing with my dad in California, then play whenever I have time, where I live now there is not a course readily available so my friends and I "make" one. We choose random buildings/targets that we have to throw too an make our own course! Awesome jeep by the way just had to get a word in about the frisbee golf discs lol
HarperToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #99
Forward
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Great progress👍
Unread 06-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #100
ttm
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Alright guys! As promised, here is where I will start my YJ Build Thread. I'll start by telling a little bit about myself and how I became a jeeper, and then we will get into the humble build.

I am Carlos Chavira, A 2012 high school graduate out of NC and soon to be student at Southeastern University in Lakeland Fl. I will be studying Youth Ministry and later taking that where ever I shall be led! This is now my second jeep. My first was a 1986 jeep Cherokee XJ. Bought stock and built it up a little bit.
I loved that thing, but something else had caught my eye.. My girlfriend knew a guy who was trying to sell his wrangler, and I immediately made myself in the market for one. This one.

Congrats on college, I lived in lakeland years ago, kind of a boring area sometimes, but there is a ton of 4wd folks in that area, and a dragstrip!, a friend of mines son builds 4wd trucks there, got a decent little setup. be prepared for HEAT and when it rains you won't believe how hard it can rain!
ttm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #101
gottahot1
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Picked up some Nerf bar steps for $50 bucks this afternoon. ... I'm not sure if i like them, or if i will just add steps to my rocker guards but I could always sell them.
Hi, nice lookin' Jeep (but aren't they all?)

If you haven't added steps to your shop-built rock sliders, consider that the nerf bars you have are for looks and ingress/egress assistance ONLY. The first time you hit them on a rock (some say they even attract the rocks), they WILL bend and no longer look good. It really depends on what kind of trails you go on - the nerf bars are fine for the beach but inadequate for rocks.

Keep up the great work. Making our Jeeps unique with inexpensive parts and some ingenuity is half the fun of owning them!
gottahot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #102
puzzel
1977 CJ5 

i started with a 52 cj3a that is still a basket case
now i am up to a cj5 and a cj7
i am going to do a diesel swap . toyota diesel
4 inch lift i have in the 5 is going into the 7 and lockers with 35 inch good year mtrs the original pattern
going for a wind jammer and duster since there are no kids here .... for now.....

your yj is looking good if you ever come north of the border look me up i live north of lake huron .... this goes for anyone that comes my way
puzzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #103
bates
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome thread young'n. Keep it goin! I too, drive a white wrangler and I love it!!!
bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #104
mondo45

Awesome job, Carlos! Keep going!
mondo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #105
islandmedic

Keep up the awesome work! I grew up in a jeep, took some time to pretend I liked other vehicles, and eventually came back home. Have fun with it and hope to see you out there. Tread Lightly my friend!
islandmedic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build , highschool , nc guys , one bright yj , orange wrangler , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.