A Teenager with a Dream - Page 62 - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #916 of 1654 Old 07-04-2013, 10:37 PM
shelbysguns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Saint louis
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
I've learned that it is more of a problem instead of luck now As I am planning to upgrade my rear axle... They don't make many factory 8.8s with 4.56s:thumbsdown:

Oh well the new 33s like it
True but hey you have the power for now at least! Plus I can't think of any vehicle that's rear wheel drive that came with 4.56 gears. I think Integra Type Rs did haha.

shelbysguns is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #917 of 1654 Old 07-04-2013, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Carlos14
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham
Posts: 4,151
Very few ford explorers came with them. Needle in an entire hay field.

Luck Favours The Prepared
Carlos14 is offline  
post #918 of 1654 Old 07-05-2013, 07:30 AM
Moose340
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Neverland
Posts: 1,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbysguns

True but hey you have the power for now at least! Plus I can't think of any vehicle that's rear wheel drive that came with 4.56 gears. I think Integra Type Rs did haha.
Some cars in the late sixties could have been ordered with them.....and 5.13!

Non timebo mala
Check out my build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...eicon-1459432/
Moose340 is offline  
post #919 of 1654 Old 07-06-2013, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Carlos14
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham
Posts: 4,151
My day in a nutshell





Luck Favours The Prepared
Carlos14 is offline  
post #920 of 1654 Old 07-07-2013, 08:01 AM
b_a_mech
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Navarre
Posts: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14
My day in a nutshell

Looks like your end of the state is rainless! We are waiting for the Ark to pull up any minute!!

BUILT NOT BOUGHT #602 / ZOMBIE RESPONSE TEAM #40 / USN HULL #196
b_a_mech is offline  
post #921 of 1654 Old 07-07-2013, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Carlos14
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham
Posts: 4,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_a_mech View Post
Looks like your end of the state is rainless! We are waiting for the Ark to pull up any minute!!
I'm back in NC for the summer, but trust me, this is the first day without rain in about 3 weeks.

It's been a very wet summer thus far.

Luck Favours The Prepared
Carlos14 is offline  
post #922 of 1654 Old 07-07-2013, 09:21 AM
tyvanwie
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boone
Posts: 9,864
Where at in nc?

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I don't even own a jeep anymore
tyvanwie is offline  
post #923 of 1654 Old 07-07-2013, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Carlos14
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham
Posts: 4,151
I live in Burlington, that was Carolina beach.

Luck Favours The Prepared
Carlos14 is offline  
post #924 of 1654 Old 07-07-2013, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Carlos14
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham
Posts: 4,151
well I ordered my new front fenders from Jeepaddons.com however I was sent the wrong ones, and amazingly havent been able to get in touch with anyone who knows how to help me. I was initially impressed with the price and shipping speed, however im not impressed at all anymore.

Hopefully they fix this quick because im prepping for paint and need them yesterday.

Luck Favours The Prepared
Carlos14 is offline  
post #925 of 1654 Old 07-07-2013, 05:54 PM
shelbysguns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Saint louis
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
well I ordered my new front fenders from Jeepaddons.com however I was sent the wrong ones, and amazingly havent been able to get in touch with anyone who knows how to help me. I was initially impressed with the price and shipping speed, however im not impressed at all anymore.

Hopefully they fix this quick because im prepping for paint and need them yesterday.
I love how it's the middle of the day on a really sunny beach and you turn your offroad lights on for a picture haha!
Also if those fenders don't work out and you get your money back have you looked at MCE? I really like the idea of those, and the price! I just wish someone would field test them for me hahaha!
Course that's assuming that you want at least a 3" flare on it. They don't make a flareless fender anymore.
shelbysguns is offline  
post #926 of 1654 Old 07-07-2013, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Carlos14
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham
Posts: 4,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbysguns View Post
I love how it's the middle of the day on a really sunny beach and you turn your offroad lights on for a picture haha!
Also if those fenders don't work out and you get your money back have you looked at MCE? I really like the idea of those, and the price! I just wish someone would field test them for me hahaha!
Course that's assuming that you want at least a 3" flare on it. They don't make a flareless fender anymore.
I was told to turn them on, so I didn't want to let anyone down!

But I'm not big on mce. I am going flat more for protection than up travel. Mce bends so the impact hits my hood instead of my fenders.

Luck Favours The Prepared
Carlos14 is offline  
post #927 of 1654 Old 07-07-2013, 11:39 PM
8pitcher
Web Wheeler
 
8pitcher's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville
Posts: 4,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbysguns
Well ill have to come back when I figure out how to post pics from mobile. Tell then lemme paint you a picture.
Hunter green 95 wrangler se
2.5l of course ( who wants to go fast anymore?)
5spd now with all five speeds again! Novel
Spice interior.
Ratty bald pep boys brand 31s
No lift
Tommorrow she should finally have TJ flares tore off the old winglike 7in yj flares finally. Been runnin flareless and tired of the sketchy look.
Also to Ty and Moose i was jk with the TJ crack. I really want to get one for college as I wont hae anywhere to work on my baby when she throws a tantrum up there.
Come on out to my place to fix er up remember you aren't too far from me. Well when you go to college you won't be.

Built Not Bought #640

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline  
post #928 of 1654 Old 07-07-2013, 11:45 PM
shelbysguns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Saint louis
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher

Come on out to my place to fix er up remember you aren't too far from me. Well when you go to college you won't be.
Dang that is true. Hmmm maybe i will have a more friends with space to work nearby than i thought. You know any other jeepers in that area?

To Carlos that makes alot of sense. I wasn't sure what you were looking for. On a side note i bet the MCEs would actually break before they bent all the way and hit your hood. But that still would suck. On mobile so i can't look and see if you considered making your own. If you have the equipment and time that would save you a whole lot of money. Trailtubes i think sells the tube pre bent all you gotta do is weld.
shelbysguns is offline  
post #929 of 1654 Old 07-07-2013, 11:54 PM
8pitcher
Web Wheeler
 
8pitcher's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville
Posts: 4,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbysguns

Dang that is true. Hmmm maybe i will have a more friends with space to work nearby than i thought. You know any other jeepers in that area?

To Carlos that makes alot of sense. I wasn't sure what you were looking for. On a side note i bet the MCEs would actually break before they bent all the way and hit your hood. But that still would suck. On mobile so i can't look and see if you considered making your own. If you have the equipment and time that would save you a whole lot of money. Trailtubes i think sells the tube pre bent all you gotta do is weld.
Yeah I know a couple.

Built Not Bought #640

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline  
post #930 of 1654 Old 07-08-2013, 02:19 AM
straightsixjeep
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ks
Posts: 2,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
Yeah I know a couple.
You need a Jeep crew haha.
straightsixjeep is offline  
Reply

Tags
build , highschool , nc guys , one bright yj , orange wrangler , YJ

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Building a teenage dream Jeep, on a teenage budget - My YJ Build nathanninja Jeep Builds 152 09-16-2014 11:45 AM
My Dream Vehicle dayriesw Jeep Builds 111 07-18-2014 09:52 AM
A 14 year old boys dream!!! matt2299 Jeep Builds 34 05-25-2012 09:02 PM
17 Year Old Dream marzcap328 Jeep Builds 52 04-09-2012 11:21 AM
My dream build! 99 xj foxrider12390 Jeep Builds 2 02-07-2012 02:32 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome