A Teenager with a Dream - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Teenager with a Dream

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #76
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000TJWithPlow View Post
wow that is awesome did you get 5 tires? im trying to trade my airsoft stuff for a soft top or 5 33s or 35s lol
I just got 4, but thats all i could fit in the cargo net anyways haha. and go for it man. Craigslist is a jeeper's best friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #77
2000TJWithPlow
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
I just got 4, but thats all i could fit in the cargo net anyways haha. and go for it man. Craigslist is a jeeper's best friend!
so how much tread was left because they werent brand new right? yeah i know im trying to go with the black and white combo like you did because right now i have a tan hardtop and ill just put that on during the winter im about to spray paint the rims black
2000TJWithPlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #78
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
so how much tread was left because they werent brand new right? yeah i know im trying to go with the black and white combo like you did because right now i have a tan hardtop and ill just put that on during the winter im about to spray paint the rims black
They were used, but probably 40-50% tread left. Plenty to run on the trails for a little while. And if you feel comfortable with you painting abilities, you could spray paint the hard top too. Thats what I did with mine! It was ?purple? Don't ask me why Haha. But painting is easy. Especially black. It's harder to see imperfections.

Quote:
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Unread 06-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #79
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You should paint your fender flares black too !

Quote:
Unread 06-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #80
austeezy
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Awesome build thread mam, doing things the Jeep way.
austeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #81
2000TJWithPlow
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14

You should paint your fender flares black too !
If look almost like you haha but im thinkin about painting the hard top too if I can't get the soft top so either way I think I'm good
Unread 06-27-2012, 11:42 PM   #82
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by austeezy View Post
Awesome build thread mam, doing things the Jeep way.
Thanks man, got big plans for the rest! Keep checking in, and btw, welcome to the forum!! Let me know if you have any questions and such..

Quote:
If look almost like you haha but im thinkin about painting the hard top too if I can't get the soft top so either way I think I'm good
I would definitely go for a soft top as well. They are just so much easier to me. Especially on a tj.

Quote:
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:21 AM   #83
2000TJWithPlow
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I would definitely go for a soft top as well. They are just so much easier to me. Especially on a tj.[/QUOTE]

Yeah This may sound stupid but could I get a replacement top or do I need to buy a regular soft top if I don't have the hardware for it idk what one I should get and I know what you mean it just seems easier to take a soft top off
Also do you know where I could get some cargo net half doors?
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:53 AM   #84
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

[/QUOTE]Yeah This may sound stupid but could I get a replacement top or do I need to buy a regular soft top if I don't have the hardware for it idk what one I should get and I know what you mean it just seems easier to take a soft top off
Also do you know where I could get some cargo net half doors?[/QUOTE]

The best way to get a soft top and frame is gonna be craigslist. I check my local Craigslist every day for thinga that come up. That is where you will find your best deal. You can not run a replacement top alone. It had to have the frame for It to work. And do you mean Actual cargo net doors, or the cargo net, and half doors? If the later, Craigslist for doors, and even the classified on here, and the cargo net is from quadratec. Made by smittybilt. If you mean actual doors made of net, I've never seen them, but that would make for an awesome addition to the build. I'll see what I can come up with.

Quote:
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:59 AM   #85
2000TJWithPlow
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah This may sound stupid but could I get a replacement top or do I need to buy a regular soft top if I don't have the hardware for it idk what one I should get and I know what you mean it just seems easier to take a soft top off
Also do you know where I could get some cargo net half doors?[/QUOTE]

The best way to get a soft top and frame is gonna be craigslist. I check my local Craigslist every day for thinga that come up. That is where you will find your best deal. You can not run a replacement top alone. It had to have the frame for It to work. And do you mean Actual cargo net doors, or the cargo net, and half doors? If the later, Craigslist for doors, and even the classified on here, and the cargo net is from quadratec. Made by smittybilt. If you mean actual doors made of net, I've never seen them, but that would make for an awesome addition to the build. I'll see what I can come up with.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've seen them around it'd look good on your jeep and I'll keep lookin at Craigslist thanks
Unread 06-28-2012, 04:25 AM   #86
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Awesome work so far man, just read this thread form the start! Keep it up! But how in the hell did you score that sick rear bumper for $75? I claim to be the CL king but DAMN!
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 05:30 AM   #87
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Enjoyed reading through your build thread. Those new tinted soft top windows really set it off. Looking good.
Unread 06-28-2012, 05:58 AM   #88
TJ_Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

This is very impressive! Thanks for taking the time to share your build with us.
TJ_Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #89
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post
Awesome work so far man, just read this thread form the start! Keep it up! But how in the hell did you score that sick rear bumper for $75? I claim to be the CL king but DAMN!
Thanks man, Haha right place, right time. The guy was selling his tj and all I did was ask. Can't beat it!

Quote:
Unread 06-28-2012, 07:57 AM   #90
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Graham View Post
Enjoyed reading through your build thread. Those new tinted soft top windows really set it off. Looking good.
Thanks Matt, I definitely like the tinted Windows too, eventually it will be a full resto yj, as long as I can hang on to it. Glad you like the build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ_Sahara View Post
This is very impressive! Thanks for taking the time to share your build with us.
No problem my friend! Check It out when ya can and see what kind of progress I'm making.. slowly but surely.

Quote:

Tags
build , highschool , nc guys , one bright yj , orange wrangler , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.