A Teenager with a Dream - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Teenager with a Dream

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 06-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #46
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Sold the Hard top today! Good money for the rest of the build! Im buying a new soft top eventually! Also took out the rear seat for room for everything I need for my trip to the beach for senior week! While everyone else is partying, Ill be living it up wheeling in the sand! Good stuff! man theres alot more space without that seat!

If i didnt have little brothers who love riding in the Jeep it might not ever go back in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #47
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Graduation is in an hour and a half! Gotta make sure somebody snaps a pic of me in my cap n gown in the yj!

Quote:
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Unread 06-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #48
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14
Graduation is in an hour and a half! Gotta make sure somebody snaps a pic of me in my cap n gown in the yj!
Thatll be sweet have a nice graduation
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 02:05 AM   #49
c0smic
1983 CJ7 

I love this angle on the Jeep, I just don't know what it is about it...
nice build! Working on mine in high school too, going to be a junior.
Unread 06-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #50
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Packed up everything and squeezed it where my back seat should be. I had to get creative trying to fit everything. I have the door uppers snug between the cargo net and soft top.. please don't tear the top! Haha oh well. I need a new one anyways. I'll be sure to get some pics on the beach! Gonna be a good trip.

Quote:
Unread 06-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #51
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Alright guys! back from the beach! we had a great time! I have some pictures I think you might like to see. We stayed at Ocean Isle beach wanted to get out on the sand with the jeeps so we made the drive to Fort Fisher just to find out that the office had closed 10 minutes before we got there.. not cool. we were led to another spot at Carolina Beach which I think was better anyways. It was nice a peaceful before we got there but we gave everybody watching a little show...

There is a video somewhere, I may be able to post that up later. Needless to say, we had a good time. Probably the best $20 I spent the whole time!

Quote:
Unread 06-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #52
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

getting back to the build swing of things... I was given a Raptor muffler today by a guy who comes in my work. I have no idea how it sounds, but I am gonna have my guy weld it in there while he is fixing my rear shock mount (I know I know, I should have had that fixed a long time ago!) oh well, tomorrow is the day! haha. I also hit a new stage in the life of my YJ.. Hit 125k on the way home from work last night.

That means I have put about 10k on her since I bought her back in November of last year.. I drive too much.

Quote:
Unread 06-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #53
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

And one for the road>

Quote:
Unread 06-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #54
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Got my JF sticker In today! Washed her and put it on!

Quote:
Unread 06-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #55
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Got my shock mount welded up today! Better than new! While I was there, me and my guy designed some rocker guards with a step rail. He is basically charging me about $60 for both sides. with good heavy steel. apparently he gets great deals on metal. I am not sure when I will have them, but we did have one question.. would 3 bolts be enough to hold them or should i do 5? what do you guys reccomend??

I also found a rock and had to "test the shock mount"

It worked great!

Quote:
Unread 06-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #56
04WJny

1987 YJ Wrangler 

for $60 i might have to drive down and buy a set lol. How are the rockers gunna mount? will be they be attached to the frame or the body? IMO I really dont think in either case they will hold on safely with 3 bolts on each side. Do you have any sketches or similar pics of what you are going to do? are the sliders going to mount under the tub too?
In the process of putting in an 8.8, d30, 4.10's, SOA, and a homemade belly up skid
04WJny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #57
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04WJny View Post
for $60 i might have to drive down and buy a set lol. How are the rockers gunna mount? will be they be attached to the frame or the body? IMO I really dont think in either case they will hold on safely with 3 bolts on each side. Do you have any sketches or similar pics of what you are going to do? are the sliders going to mount under the tub too?
The plan at the moment is to mount to the tub and use a steel plate on the inside as well to prevent from ripping through the sheet metal. kind of like a jeep tub sandwich so to speak. we werent planning to mount underside just to the side of the tub. And yes, I am actually thinking of working a deal with him to produce them for resale, We will see where that goes, consider mine a guinnie pig being that he hasn't really built a set before.

Quote:
Unread 06-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #58
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Picked up some Nerf bar steps for $50 bucks this afternoon. I will snap some pics tomorrow. I'm not sure if i like them, or if i will just add steps to my rocker guards but I could always sell them. they are chrome and pretty good shape.

I also ordered my new soft top from 4 wheel parts. Smittybilt replacement with tinted windows. total, $268.86 and since my girl got me a $100 gift card, I am paying 168 out of pocket. cheapest brand new soft top ever! haha and for $24 more I got a 3 year no questions asked anything covered warranty for the top. Even if I took a knife to it myself, Its replaced free of charge. Killer deal! what do you guys think?

Quote:
Unread 06-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #59
Toxic94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

It's looking real good. I'm probably going to go with 10-12 bolts on my rails, anything less than 8 wold probably not be a good idea
Unread 06-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #60
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic94 View Post
It's looking real good. I'm probably going to go with 10-12 bolts on my rails, anything less than 8 wold probably not be a good idea
Maybe 8 then.. we will see

Quote:

Tags
build , highschool , nc guys , one bright yj , orange wrangler , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.