A Teenager with a Dream - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Teenager with a Dream

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 06-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #31
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

My uncle gave me his old CB and I bought an antenna at flying J. I have it all installed, but no power to the CB yet. Ill get to that sometime. I've been given some really cool ideas in recent days so hopefully I will have some new stuff to put on here soon.

Back to catching up.. There is a guy who comes in my work often who is restoring a CJ7. He knew I was all over craigslist so he asked me if i could find him some Full Doors for his CJ. After about 3 months of searching, the perfect set came up, 650 for full steel doors and a hard top. I told my guy and he hopped on it! had them by the end of the day.. As repayment for my searching, he GAVE me the hard top! SCORE!!! cant beat that.. here are some pictures of it. It was originally from a CJ

Shot it with a little spray magic and it's Good as new!

While he dropped off the top, he also offered me the old set of door he had. I gave him $100 and took those off his hands. I wasn't sure what I was in for.

No mechs, rusted out in the bottom of them, and no door panels. they did have working glass rollers and glass was in good shape.
I didn't feel like putting the money in them to get them fixed so I threw them on c-list. Sold one week later for $200. Good return on investment!

I decided I like the ease of the soft top better than a hard, and I am going to college in FL with no AC so there was no need for the Hard top, am currently trying to sell that as well.
Ill probably buy a new soft top and keep it the way it is for now anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #32
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I started piecing together my new lift kit. Four new 3.5in SuperLift leaf springs for $255.52 shipped for free from 4 Wheel Parts.

They threw in some new bushings for free too! I saw a thread on here about using truck shocks for your yj after a lift so I hit autozone and got the rear shocks for a 97 f150 for the front of my yj and rear shocks from a 74 f250 for the rears. $89.00 for all four. I picked up a T-case Drop from a member on here for $15 also. Hopefully I will be installing soon!

Quote:
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Unread 06-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #33
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Since it had been SOO long since I bought my springs without the install, I made a promise to myself that I wouldnt spend anymore money on my YJ until I installed what money I had laying in my floor. That didnt last long.. I got bored and ran to autozone and picked up some NightShades and tinted my tail lights and side markers along with the blinkers. I wasn't sure if I liked it at first but it has grown on me. Keeping my Black and White theme!

Also broke my rear drivers side shock mount.. Ill get that fixed soon hopefully. Man life would be so easy if I could weld.

Quote:
Unread 06-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #34
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Scored a nice Rear bumper with tow hooks for $75 and the stock TJ bumper that was given to me when I bought the wheels! Hitch and Tow Hooks. I think it looks sweet!

Quote:
Unread 06-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #35
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

And now we are pretty much caught up! Tomorrow is a pretty big day for me, I graduate from High School! That should be an awesome step in life! haha. Have Student Body President Duties to do such as giving a speech and whatnot so wish me luck!

Quote:
Unread 06-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #36
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
And now we are pretty much caught up! Tomorrow is a pretty big day for me, I graduate from High School! That should be an awesome step in life! haha. Have Student Body President Duties to do such as giving a speech and whatnot so wish me luck!
wish you luck the jeep looks sweet!!
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #37
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris View Post
wish you luck the jeep looks sweet!!
Thanks man! Still a work in progress but one day it'll be my masterpiece!

Quote:
Unread 06-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #38
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks man! Still a work in progress but one day it'll be my masterpiece!
im in the same phase as you but i still got a couple mparts to install and buy one being tires to buy and shackles to install
Unread 06-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #39
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
im in the same phase as you but i still got a couple mparts to install and buy one being tires to buy and shackles to install
Look up this guy named BESRK He's a mod on the CJ forum on here and makes whole sets of boomerang shackles for only $55 shipped. Its good stuff. Im about to place an order myself.

Edit** Wait, read that wrong.. you already have them, but for anyone else looking to buy shackles, ill leave this up here!

Quote:
Unread 06-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #40
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Look up this guy named BESRK He's a mod on the CJ forum on here and makes whole sets of boomerang shackles for only $55 shipped. Its good stuff. Im about to place an order myself.

Edit** Wait, read that wrong.. you already have them, but for anyone else looking to buy shackles, ill leave this up here!
i need a front set of boomerangs still i have the 1 inch boom rears from vacj5 and some 1 inch bbooms for the fronts, so im still in the market... sorta.
Unread 06-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #41
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
i need a front set of boomerangs still i have the 1 inch boom rears from vacj5 and some 1 inch bbooms for the fronts, so im still in the market... sorta.
He sells single axle sets also. check him out.

Quote:
Unread 06-08-2012, 10:29 PM   #42
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

i will when i have deniro, how do you like the lift??
Unread 06-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #43
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
i will when i have deniro, how do you like the lift??
I havent gotten everything installed just yet but it looks top quality. very heavy, which to me means very heavy duty so I cant wait to install and test it out!

Quote:
Unread 06-08-2012, 11:39 PM   #44
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I havent gotten everything installed just yet but it looks top quality. very heavy, which to me means very heavy duty so I cant wait to install and test it out!
thats cool hope it all works out for you
Unread 06-09-2012, 06:48 AM   #45
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
thats cool hope it all works out for you
Thanks man! Same to ya

Quote:

Tags
build , highschool , nc guys , one bright yj , orange wrangler , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.