A Teenager with a Dream - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Teenager with a Dream

UCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Reply
Unread 08-12-2012, 11:58 PM   #241
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark
 
Carlos14's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham, NC
Posts: 4,166
I'll be mounting the tires tomorrow hopefully!
Replaced the motor mounts today. Not easy.

Heres the old mount.



__________________
Teenager With A Dream Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #242
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark
 
Carlos14's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham, NC
Posts: 4,166
Finally mounted the 33s! Here are a couple pics I'll get more tomorrow. Also started priming and painting the tire carrier!



__________________
Teenager With A Dream Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2012, 07:15 AM   #243
QXj97
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: fort smith, Arkansas
Posts: 113
Cool post picks when its painted
QXj97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2012, 11:55 PM   #244
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark
 
Carlos14's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham, NC
Posts: 4,166
Got most of the tire carrier done for the time being. It didn't work like I wanted but will do for now.


Here's what it looks like so far!


Also met with a couple jeepers for some late night wheeling. Didn't get much wheeling done due to cops but we had fun!


And this has convinced me to do tj flares. His looks bigger than mine.
__________________
Teenager With A Dream Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #245
browning16
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Shoemakersville, PA
Posts: 76
I think a black grill would look great on there
browning16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #246
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark
 
Carlos14's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham, NC
Posts: 4,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by browning16 View Post
I think a black grill would look great on there
I can't say I disagree but I think the chrome will stick around for a little. That's what I'll do if something happens to my current grill.
__________________
Teenager With A Dream Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #247
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark
 
Carlos14's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham, NC
Posts: 4,166
I know it's been a while since I've posted, been busy this week with my first week of college. I'm loving Florida just need to meet sone jeep guys ASAP. I have a new set of KC apolloong range lights on the way, possibly for my windshield mounts.. I don't know what I'll do with the old ones but there's plenty more places for me to put them! And Yes I'll be wiring my new lights in the university parling lot!
__________________
Teenager With A Dream Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #248
8pitcher
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville, Kansas
Posts: 4,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14
I know it's been a while since I've posted, been busy this week with my first week of college. I'm loving Florida just need to meet sone jeep guys ASAP. I have a new set of KC apolloong range lights on the way, possibly for my windshield mounts.. I don't know what I'll do with the old ones but there's plenty more places for me to put them! And Yes I'll be wiring my new lights in the university parling lot!
I have heard that they frown upon that. Haha. I will still do that when I get to college.
__________________
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #640[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #249
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark
 
Carlos14's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham, NC
Posts: 4,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
I have heard that they frown upon that. Haha. I will still do that when I get to college.
I think ill be okay gotta do it somewhere!
__________________
Teenager With A Dream Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #250
8pitcher
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville, Kansas
Posts: 4,735
Ya prolly will. If you do some work underneath the campus cops may freak out.
__________________
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #640[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #251
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark
 
Carlos14's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham, NC
Posts: 4,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
Ya prolly will. If you do some work underneath the campus cops may freak out.
I'll have to test that!
__________________
Teenager With A Dream Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #252
8pitcher
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville, Kansas
Posts: 4,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14

I'll have to test that!
Haha do it they may think you were run over. Let us know how that goes of you do that.
__________________
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #640[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2012, 12:20 AM   #253
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark
 
Carlos14's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham, NC
Posts: 4,166
Making plans for what I want to do next...

Looking at the Kargo Master Congo Cage.
I'll weld on some light tabs and run wires that I can detach when I lean the rack back easily. Drew it up real quickly on my iPad.


I'll have to make new tabs for my windshield mounted lights also. The new KCs which I wired up today by the way...
Similar to this..


Hopefully I'll be able to save up the money to get this done soon. I do still have a birthday and Christmas this year so maybe someone will feel very kind
__________________
Teenager With A Dream Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #254
puzzel
Registered User
1977 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: thessalon, on
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeast View Post
Carlos, Great build. I will be watching to see what else you do with it.

I am going to strongly suggest that you check out the MORE Shackle reversal, I have one on mine, it rides amazing, and you will never destroy a leaf spring like that again.

Here's a couple of pics.

Before:



After:


shackle reversals are ok>>

the reason the factories did not put one on
was it causes a loss or control on steep down grades
it will smooth out the ride but it will make the
front end hop when going down hill and braking

this is from a company web site that sells lift kits

http://www.rocky-road.com/wranglerconversion.html

part of the reason i am not doing one
puzzel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #255
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark
 
Carlos14's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham, NC
Posts: 4,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzel View Post
shackle reversals are ok>>

the reason the factories did not put one on
was it causes a loss or control on steep down grades
it will smooth out the ride but it will make the
front end hop when going down hill and braking

this is from a company web site that sells lift kits

http://www.rocky-road.com/wranglerconversion.html

part of the reason i am not doing one
Yeah I'm not planning on doing the shackle reversal as of now, I am pleased with the way it rides. If anything I'll go with boomerangs
__________________
Teenager With A Dream Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Tags
build , highschool , nc guys , one bright yj , orange wrangler , YJ

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.