A Teenager with a Dream - Page 101 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Teenager with a Dream

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-16-2014, 12:36 AM   #1501
dbrad5988

Gotya. .I have two options right now, one my fathernlaw has a 98 zj jeep with fresh rebuilt motor or I can buy a 97 xj of craiglist both bone stock what's your advice to me as I want to just have a mild build as maybe 4.5 lift and 33s just something to get across creeks when going camping and fishing plus I live in upstate ny so winter. .get back please

dbrad5988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2014, 12:44 AM   #1502
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

pm sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2014, 09:38 PM   #1503
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

The countdown to Jeep Beach is on so I reinstalled the Sun up front and started mocking up the 40" bar in the rear to replace the 30". You had to know John couldn't have a larger backup light than me

Ive got to make a few adjustments to make but they should do the job and still clear the soft top when I'm done. Thanks again John for the sweet brackets.

Quote:
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Unread 03-26-2014, 11:21 PM   #1504
prowler9
2008 JK Wrangler 

So you have the front and back covered ... what about the sides ;-)

Looking good man!! Wish we could go!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
prowler9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2014, 11:41 PM   #1505
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler9 View Post
So you have the front and back covered ... what about the sides ;-)

Looking good man!! Wish we could go!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sides will be covered once I find a tasteful way to do it! Hopefully I can still make it out to the jamboree with you guys.

Quote:
Unread 03-27-2014, 12:21 AM   #1506
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14
You had to know John couldn't have a larger backup light than me

Ive got to make a few adjustments to make but they should do the job and still clear the soft top when I'm done. Thanks again John for the sweet brackets.
Right on! Sucker looks good back there. Told you a 40" would fit the YJ perfectly. Yeah I totally over shot the length of the bracket after the bends sry dude. But you can always cut material.. A lot harder to add lol. I wanna let you know I will be going to MOAB and Jeep Beach this year so hope to see you and the Maginator next month!

Diggin the dbl row in the back too. You making it into a race lite? Or just amber and flood?
Unread 03-27-2014, 01:00 AM   #1507
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver831 View Post
Right on! Sucker looks good back there. Told you a 40" would fit the YJ perfectly. Yeah I totally over shot the length of the bracket after the bends sry dude. But you can always cut material.. A lot harder to add lol. I wanna let you know I will be going to MOAB and Jeep Beach this year so hope to see you and the Maginator next month!

Diggin the dbl row in the back too. You making it into a race lite? Or just amber and flood?
Sweet! Can't wait to catch up with you again man, and yes you're right it's definitely easier to cut than add without a welder.

I haven't made up my mind yet but I'm really leaning towards the race style with brake, amber, and flood. It would be sweet, but even that wouldn't earn any points with my 2.5 haha.

Quote:
Unread 03-27-2014, 02:00 PM   #1508
2jeeps1stang
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Light in the back looks sweet man. And seriously, you need to market those headlights!
75 cj5 304, Fiberglassed, 4:56, lift, 35s
73 cj5 built 401
2jeeps1stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2014, 04:09 PM   #1509
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Started on the Savvy Tailgate armor and Swag Offroad Drop tailgate kit.

Gotta add the hinges and finish it up this week.

Quote:
Unread 03-31-2014, 01:38 PM   #1510
ChitwnGrnJP
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Was your savvy tailgate armor in back order? I'm looking to get it but the site says it's on back order. Gerald hasn't gotten back to me yet about it.
Unread 03-31-2014, 01:46 PM   #1511
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitwnGrnJP View Post
Was your savvy tailgate armor in back order? I'm looking to get it but the site says it's on back order. Gerald hasn't gotten back to me yet about it.
Nope, shipped next day, somewhere along the way it lost the hardware but Gerald got me some to replace it. Try his email I know that works better than the forums.

Quote:
Unread 04-01-2014, 10:11 AM   #1512
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

jeep is looking sick, that's some impressive back up lighting. you should put it on a switch for tailgaters
Unread 04-01-2014, 11:24 AM   #1513
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
jeep is looking sick, that's some impressive back up lighting. you should put it on a switch for tailgaters
It'll be on a switch all the time. My reverse lights are bright enough for street back-ups. Following too close will not be a good idea.

Today I painted the rear corners after sanding off that awful crinkle powder coat.

Quote:
Unread 04-01-2014, 01:43 PM   #1514
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post

It'll be on a switch all the time. My reverse lights are bright enough for street back-ups. Following too close will not be a good idea.

Today I painted the rear corners after sanding off that awful crinkle powder coat.
Oooooo. My corners need repainted too. Not glossy enough to match the rockers
Unread 04-06-2014, 07:28 PM   #1515
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

One side is compete, I'm learning i should paint after installs as I am bad about scuffing up parts during the install. I also swapped in the new cowl seal. Hopefully that will keep my feet dry when the rain comes.

My goal is to finish the other corner this week and hopefully install the rocker guards as well. After that a little touch up paint and finishing up the last few things before jeep beach. Time is ticking!

Quote:

Tags
build , highschool , nc guys , one bright yj , orange wrangler , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.