TechJeeper's contiuation build formerly Project College FUNd - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > TechJeeper's contiuation build formerly Project College FUNd

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #16
TechJeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Erased double post

TechJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #17
TechJeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I got to test fit my bumper and the mounting brackets today everything was just tacked for now but it all fit. The radiator hoop will mount back at the chalk marks but I had to just lean it there to get a picture. Does anybody know what size and thread the sway bar mount bolts on the frame are?
image-2301177959.jpg   image-4005336862.jpg  
Unread 02-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #18
TechJeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My next mod will be this snazzy new jeep forum sticker!
Unread 02-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #19
TechJeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Tonight I worked on the garage to get it ready for the jeep.
1st picture is the pile of parts located at the house that needs to go on the jeep
2ndpicture is the garage
3rd is a pic of the next project jeep direction for build is tba.
image-1815973613.jpg   image-4209666648.jpg   image-4017430501.jpg  
Unread 02-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #20
TechJeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Not really much to update still waiting on Clayton skid and atlas yokes. Hopefully I'll get to final weld and sand front bumper tomorrow and get it the powder coater this week. Depending on cost I may have the back bumper coated as well. I'm trying to make the early March Katemcy run but I have no idea if I can make it in time. I'm sure it'll be down to the wire night before to get it done.
Unread 02-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #21
TechJeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The gas tank is back underneath all the seats and seat belts are in with exception of 3 bolts that had been broken off but an 11/16" Milwaukee hole cutter took care of those and a few 7/16" bolts with fender washers will go back in there place. We have tracking numbers on all the parts to get her moving so hopefully next week get the atlas in with the shifters and measure for d-shafts.

Fab projects that have been bumped to the top of the list:

Gas tank skid the one I had wouldn't clear rear diff

Front roll cage addition and some triangulation throughout while keeping all the soft top usable.

Has anyone made there own non-tube "A" pillars that go all the way to the floor but don't go through the dash like the blue torch "A" pillars. I was thinking some 3x3 1/4" angle cut out where necessary to fit behind the doors and around the door seal. Well whether it has been tried or not I'm am going to give it a shot.
Unread 02-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #22
TSCHNEIDER
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechJeeper View Post
Here is the old jeep. It was incomplete when we traded and it was what I did all my learning on as far as fab work goes. Some things where really good and others were ok or little sketchy. If I had kept it it the sketchy and average stuff were going to get revamped until it was up to par.
Cool looks like fun.

[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Blue"]Vape?[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
[url]http://whitestagvapor.com/[/url]
TSCHNEIDER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #23
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechJeeper View Post
Has anyone made there own non-tube "A" pillars that go all the way to the floor but don't go through the dash like the blue torch "A" pillars. I was thinking some 3x3 1/4" angle cut out where necessary to fit behind the doors and around the door seal. Well whether it has been tried or not I'm am going to give it a shot.
contact atoz fab. their front cage addition kit goes thru the dash. i actually bought one for the TJ and never installed it but use it as a template for all the TJ cages I do.

please do something about the chrome wheels
cgmrdc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #24
TechJeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well unfortunately I'm stuck with chrome for now. After three sets of wheels from cragar through discount this is what I ended up with. Cragar sent the wrong wheels first. Wrong model and lug pattern everything was wrong. The next set got stolen from discount because the fed ex guy stacked all the wheels up behind a shipment of tires and someone backed up there and and stole 16 wheels in the middle of the day. So after another week or so I finally get another set of wheels in they say they are mounted up and ready. I get there and they're chrome. The discount guy said they are special order and wouldn't let me get my money back and said they wouldn't do anything else to help. So I got stuck with the chrome beauties you see now. Surprisingly the chrome wheels cost $30 a wheel more than black. They will likely get powder coated at some point but for now they'll work.

I'll look into that cage for sure. In addition to any front cage there will be additions to the back and main hoop as well.

In other news the front bumper is done ready to go on and here is a picture. I chose not to get it powder coated yet I didn't want something silly like powder coating keep me from going wheeling and the rattle can turned out fine. Also I figure if I take them more things at one time to the powder coater they won't blow it off.(4 wheels, 2 bumpers and whatever else I come up with in the next few months.)
image-800944956.jpg  
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #25
TechJeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

It's alive!!!!

Well kind of...

The skid is on but we had to drop it 1" to clear the atlas. I think there is a better way to get the skid on and get that inch back but I'm going to let that be another project on another day.

The front drive shaft is in with a 1350 on the tcase end and conversion on the axle but I may go ahead and put a 1310 cv on it. Im waiting on atlas yokes apparently 32 spline 1310 cv yokes aren't very common and are on back order. If anybody has one or even two i will buy it from you.

So the to do list right now:
Cv yokes on tcase and put rear dshaft on.
Blinkers and markers on the front end
Front cage
Gas tank skid
Install front bumper and winch
Rear locker at some point.
Go wheeling and see what else I might like
to change.

And of course the poser dirt hill pictures.
image-720656870.jpg   image-2652500106.jpg  
Unread 03-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #26
TechJeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I found the yokes at JE REEL and ordered up today. Hopefully they get here quick it's only the rear dshaft and blinkers grime legal and wheelin'!!!
Unread 03-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #27
TechJeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The jeep is alive and only the diodes in the blinkers from being done! I went out and played in a dirt pit with some old sidewalk slabs and what not and it crawls great! The mtrs at road pressure are super grippy. All in all I am very happy with it. I know it will take some time to get everything like I want it but the foundation is set and ready to do some wheeling.

I'll be out at K2 next weekend and will take pics with an actual camera and even take some gopro video.
image-242212830.jpg   image-111755246.jpg   image-2227227751.jpg   image-2144752454.jpg  
Unread 03-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #28
TechJeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

First trip out was great! More pics to come and new list of tweaks and minor mods.
image-1002181244.jpg   image-818004664.jpg   image-1012770076.jpg   image-710474045.jpg   image-1511762585.jpg  

Unread 03-28-2012, 01:04 AM   #29
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

Where are those pics from K2!?
cgmrdc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #30
TechJeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

First round of pics.
01-dsc00037.jpg   02-dsc00038.jpg   03-dsc00041.jpg   04-dsc00043.jpg   05-dsc00045.jpg  

06-dsc00049.jpg   07-dsc00053.jpg   08-dsc00065.jpg   09-dsc00066.jpg   10-dsc00071.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.