TealJ6 Build - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > TealJ6 Build

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 05-17-2013, 11:16 PM   #76
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I drove by Rausch Creek on my way home tonight , wish I had something besides a rental vehicle while I was up there ! Your "6" turned out great , hope it wheels as good as it looks for you .

Unread 05-18-2013, 04:38 AM   #77
Remko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

We're up here all weekend, as long as things go well, we probably could have found you an extra seat in one of the Jeeps.
Unread 05-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #78
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remko View Post
We're up here all weekend, as long as things go well, we probably could have found you an extra seat in one of the Jeeps.
That would have been fun , but I had to get home to get my jeep back together to head west .
Unread 05-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #79
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nice. Glad to see that it's ready. Now post up some trail pictures.
Unread 05-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #80
Remko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well I finally got some pictures from Rausch Creek, we have over 1000. Unfortunately I am now in the process of pulling the t-cases as I couldn't get the front output to go into gear, it would partially engage but wouldn't stay engaged as if it couldn't get past the detent ball on the rod. I ended up running the weekend in rear wheel drive, so I had to skip some of the more extreme trails, but I rode with my buddies or walked along as a spotter. Did have a chance to see how the 4:1 worked and how the rear suspension behaved. It's amazing what you can still go through with a locked rear axle.
A little poser shot to check for any issues before the start of the day, the front is fully articulated but I still have 2-3 inches of travel left in the rear, most likely due to the rear antirock and no front sway bar.

The first obstacle were I realized I wasn't getting the front to engage.

Continuing on

Unread 05-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #81
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looks great, but get that tcase sorted out.
Unread 05-24-2013, 06:38 AM   #82
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Looks great, but get that tcase sorted out.
X2 sucks that you didnt realize it until you got to Rausch . And I dig the stealth license plate
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #83
Remko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, it's too bad but we had a good time anyway. Next time I'll be up and running, we've already looked at some other trails we want to try then.
Unread 06-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #84
Remko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well I discovered three things last night. First why the front output wouldn't shift on the 300, the set screw that I used to plug the hole for the 4WD switch was set a little too deep and the indent on the shift rod for the switch was hitting it when I tryed to shift :banghead:. Secondly, that the stainless rod I had made doesn't have enough surface hardness and was wearing (already) where the detent balls run over it. I talked to a couple of buddies in heat treating and after I widen the machining for the 4wd switch and clean up the ball marks I'll have them surface harden the rod. So other than having to take everything apart again, the fixes should be fairly easy and I'll be ready to go wheeling again soon.
Thirdly, I learned that standing working on Jeep parts in a warm garage makes me queasy after donating blood and hour earlier, oh well good excuse to lay on the couch the rest of the evening.
Unread 06-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #85
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Haha. Good to know what the fixes are.... now you just have to break it down and do the work. And the time spent in the garage makes you appreciate the time spent on the couch even more.
Unread 06-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #86
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Minus the labor to pull the case its a nice easy fix , but I would suggest letting your blood fill back up before you get back to wrenching
Unread 06-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #87
Remko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, got the blood back. Fine tuned the shaft so I don't have any more issues and I'll take it in to the heat treaters Monday. I've got everything else ready to go, so just assembly left once the shafts done. Hope to be driving by the end of next week.
Unread 07-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #88
Remko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well everthing go put back together last week and went and ran some trails near Peterborough. It was nice to have 4wd again, especially with all the rain so far this year, but climbing a wall of mud isn't really any easier, oh well that's what winches are for. Had a great time with some other wheelers and didn't break anything, and with all the rain the Jeep isn't even that dirty.
Unread 07-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #89
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a perfect wheeling weekend.
Unread 07-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #90
Remko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Sounds like a perfect wheeling weekend.
Yep, worked out really good. I'll try and post pics tonight, but we got home, unloaded and the place looks like a tornado went through it right now, so need to clean up and then go through everything.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.