TealJ6 Build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > TealJ6 Build

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 04-30-2013, 05:28 AM   #61
Remko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

OK, so got the t-cases buttoned up, the rear suspension back together and no leaks this time. Driveshafts are in and the tranny crossmember is removed, just have to decide on what direction to go. The weekend was spent on installing the roll bar and various bars as well as putting the new Bestop NX softop on and making sure it fits.

Then I started welding up the body and fitting my corners.

It's not the prettiest but it will all get covered anyway.

Unread 04-30-2013, 12:13 PM   #62
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Getting there. Keep up the progress.

Looking for a set of dana 30 shafts for a TJ or XJ, stock and good condition. PM me if you have a set and willing to ship or are in LA.
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #63
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Your sheetmetal work looks good to me , but I think most of us are our own worst critic . And the Dana 300 is no where near as easy to shift as the 231 .
Unread 05-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #64
Remko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The 300 is stiff, but with the Jeep rolling it shifts not too bad. I just cover my sheetmetal work with body sealer or plate, so almost none of it will be visible in the end.

So got a lot accomplished the last few day. The body work is all done, got to be the worst part. The fenders are welded up and the center skid is modified to fit the doubler.

This week I've got to get the exhaust done, finish some painting, splice the electrical in and install the lights. Also the rear bumper and rear seats can go back in once I bed line the last of the tub.
Unread 05-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #65
Remko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sunday I got the wiring mostly done, just two more wires to finish off and some wires to wrap up. Also got the bedliner done on the rest of the floor and then the rear seats installed. Put the back bumper back on and put the left fender on for the last time. Today I dropped it off at the exhaust shop to get that completed. Overall a very productive weekend. Not sure how much I can get done this week with other stuff going on, but I should have all of next weekend to work on it and get it finalized. 11 days and counting until Rausch Creek.

Unread 05-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #66
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looks damn good. Nice to see it out of the garage.

Looking for a set of dana 30 shafts for a TJ or XJ, stock and good condition. PM me if you have a set and willing to ship or are in LA.
Unread 05-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #67
Remko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Looks damn good. Nice to see it out of the garage.
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it right now, nice to be working outside of the garage too seeing as we've had good weather the last week or so, and it's able to move under it's own power again. Haven't been able to really drive it yet, as the exhaust won't be done until tomorrow, but once that and the rear lights are done, I'll get it out on the road. Then it's just a matter of finishing the left corner, side steps, skid plates, shifter boot and center console. Should be driving it around next week sometime.
Unread 05-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #68
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

The end list is always harder for me to finish. I think I like bouncing around from project to project on the jeep.

Unread 05-09-2013, 08:48 AM   #69
Remko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
The end list is always harder for me to finish. I think I like bouncing around from project to project on the jeep.
I read part of your build, haven't had time to finish yet as I've been building a Jeep, but I can see you've been busy. I have a specific time it needs to be done, next weekend, so I find it's easier to work with a deadline. There are other things I still want to do, aren't there always, but I'm trying to make sure I get everything I need done before the would be nice to do things.

I picked the Jeep up yesterday from the exhaust shop, a little concerned with clearance over the axle, but it might work, otherwise they'll fix it. Has a code right now, but may be just because the rear O2 was unplugged at one point, I'll check it tonight. Got the right corner painted and holes drilled, have a little to do on the body side, hopefully tonight. Installed the main skid plate so I can measure for the cover between it and the crossmember. Also picked up the steel, 4"x2" 3/16" wall tube, for the side steps, which will be worked on this weekend. I can't wait to get it on the road for a test drive though.
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #70
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I wouldn't even call mine a build if that is what yours is. Mine is a bolt on transformation.

Yeah, about the exhaust shop, they either do it right or they get to redo it again. After you plug the o2 sensors in, unplug the battery over night and it should clear the code. We need a test drive!

Unread 05-10-2013, 05:11 AM   #71
Remko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It's still a build, maybe not quite as large, but still a lot of little pieces, which is all any build is.

Got the right side corner all done yesterday and then took it for a bit of a drive, almost forgot to bolt the drivers seat down, but did do it. Drove nice, put the top on but left it down for a nice cruise, was good to get it out, now if I could only find my shift knob, it seems to have walked away. Was going to drive it in to work this morning but it was raining and I didn't want to get it all wet and then have to work on it this weekend, so I took the car. Found two codes, one for upstream O2 shorted to power and one for e-fan, which I don't have. Looked at the O2 and the connector was loose, the lock's broken, so I plugged it in and started the Jeep after clearing the codes and it didn't come back right away, so we'll see. I'll zip tie it together for now and see what happens, but otherwise I think I have another O2 that I can change out. Also did an oil change since it was warm, it was almost 2000 km since the last one, that was July of 2011, I've got to put more miles on this year, good thing I use a full synthetic oil.
Unread 05-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #72
Remko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Got almost everything done this weekend, at least that's needed before next weekend, because a Jeep is never really done. Built and installed the sidesteps/rock guards, put the boot and knobs on the t-case shifters, put the hi lift on and spare tire, ran the wire for the CB antenna and re-installed the center console, soldered the wires for the backup lights but ran out of convolute. Tomorrow I'll get the last two pieces of steel I need so I can finish the skid extension and the rear cargo cover.

I did put labels on the shifters, but forgot to take a pic after that
Unread 05-13-2013, 06:26 AM   #73
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Wow. Looks great. Good job on he sliders and the triple sticks/center console

Unread 05-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #74
Remko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I'm happy how it turned out, just have a little tidying up to do. The real test will be this next weekend at Rausch.
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #75
Remko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So all ready to head to Rausch Creek tomorrow, finished up loading and a few small final pieces. Got the last piece of 1/4" plate for a little skid plate extension under the 300, I may still make the transition smoother, but for now it should do. Also picked up some hood bumpers as I was tired of the metal on metal rubbing of my hood on the fender.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.