I'm a little behind on the updates, I may be forgetting some details.
Ordered some new heatshields from factorymopar. The local dealer said that one was unavailable and the other was backordered with no expected date. Took a little over a week, shipped to my door.
My wife worked on the seats. I broke down and ordered the Mastercraft adapters to save time. Mastercraft also has a instruction video. I'll have to pull them again later, we pulled the heating elements out of the old seats, and only installed the back for now. Before it gets too cool I'll have to get the bottom heat in at least the passenger. My wife actually used them on the way to Virginia.
It's a little off topic, but I wiped down the lid of the trailer with mineral spirits to prep it for paint. The plexiglass was free and is light, but when it is out in the sun, it cooks everything inside the trailer.
A couple of cans of Krylon fusion later. It's not as even as I would like, but it did make a huge difference.
Also added a hitch to the back.
Jeep is out of the garage for the first time. 5 days under 6 months.
Hooked up with the trailer. I was planning on using the rear hitch for a bike rack, but it was too much weight on the back.
I put 65 miles on it over the following weekend. I ended up having to modify the exhaust a little, but otherwise it was pretty straight forward.
I parked the Jeep in the driveway the Monday night before we were supposed to leave. My wife later asked me what the puddle was under the Jeep. After two hours driving around Tuesday morning, we had a new water pump (first two dealers didn't have one in stock). Swapped the pump and then headed out for Virginia.
The Jeep handled the drive pretty well. Handling is much better, I believe due to the outboarded shocks. Wasn't great on gas, but it weighed in at 5600 lbs with trailer and 3/8 of a tank of gas when we got home. I'll have to get it back on the scales now that it is empty. I had sent the steering box to PSC to add some weight to the steering. It now feels just like stock, which is what I was looking for. I'll have to get some more miles on it without the trailer to get a feel for the shocks. It was also the first time we used the spiderwebshade, which I think we are going to really like.
About 75 miles from home my wife noticed a squeak that sounded like a u-joint and we started to pick up some vibration under load. I pulled the rear driveshaft when we got home and it is getting stiff. I had it rebuilt at the local fleetpride within the last 5000 miles, so I decided to ship it back to Tom Woods. I debated about doing it myself, but the shaft itself could use some attention.
At this point I have a bunch of small stuff to finish up, like finish the under armor install, touch up some paint... I plan on waiting on the cage until next winter.