Tarantula_TJ Rubicon Build - Page 160 - JeepForum.com

 2Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2386 of 3547 Old 10-14-2013, 04:42 PM
purplepig
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Posts: 1,918
Quote:
Finished my final moab video and decided to post them all together for anyone who hasnt seen them:
One day I will make it to Moab.
Quote:
Got any side profile pictures that shows your inner fenders ? Installing mine this weekend and I'm thinking of keeping the inners bare alum like you have
Not tryin to hijack, but I can help you out with a few pics too. AngryTJ helped me out with my install when I ran across a few minor issues.



Not me driving.^^^ LOL



purplepig is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2387 of 3547 Old 10-14-2013, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
AngryTJ
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty762
Cool vid Lu!
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley
Nice work on the video , wish we were all back there right now
Thanks man it was fun and I love recalling the memories while watching them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepig
One day I will make it to Moab.
Get out there!!


Here you go Mike...not sure what you want to see exactly
Attached Images
           

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ


Tarantula_TJ Build
AngryTJ is offline  
post #2388 of 3547 Old 10-14-2013, 05:57 PM
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,701
I have been looking at DeFenders in the aluminum flavor as I am getting the LJ repainted , and it was pretty cool to see your rig pop up on Poison Spyders page .

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #2389 of 3547 Old 10-14-2013, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
AngryTJ
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley
I have been looking at DeFenders in the aluminum flavor as I am getting the LJ repainted , and it was pretty cool to see your rig pop up on Poison Spyders page .
Will you be going with the hiline version?

Even the steel don't weigh much to be honest.

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ


Tarantula_TJ Build
AngryTJ is offline  
post #2390 of 3547 Old 10-15-2013, 04:16 AM
Danno6102
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,572
Those inner fender pics come in handy for a future project.

Rig looks great as always Lu! Love the vids too!

IndyORV
My Build

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline  
post #2391 of 3547 Old 10-15-2013, 08:03 AM
gspup
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Demfer
Posts: 2,707
Those pics work. Thanks.

TJ build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ljs-devil-1329976/
gspup is offline  
post #2392 of 3547 Old 10-15-2013, 06:28 PM
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Will you be going with the hiline version?

Even the steel don't weigh much to be honest.
I think the highlined ones just make sense being as Hendrix is painting the Jeep and he is rumored to make a nice hood

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #2393 of 3547 Old 10-15-2013, 07:40 PM
143DAD
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Springfield
Posts: 139
Lu, great job on all the video's I wish I had the editing skill's to get my stuff together like you do. Much like Beasley wish/hope we can all make a trip again.

Any color will do as long as its black.
143DAD is offline  
post #2394 of 3547 Old 10-16-2013, 10:04 AM
dayriesw
Web Wheeler
 
dayriesw's Avatar
1987 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 6,134
Lu, what did you do to mount the stock fuse box up there? Did you modify or add to the bracket and what does it bolt to?

06 WK 5.7 Hemi Overland - Daily
87 MJ Chief 57k original miles... getting built in the backyard. 37s, waggy axles, D300, 6 speed, etc.

Gone - 05 LJ on 37s, 79 FSJ Chief on 38s, 85 CJ-7 on 31s
dayriesw is offline  
post #2395 of 3547 Old 10-16-2013, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
AngryTJ
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley
I think the highlined ones just make sense being as Hendrix is painting the Jeep and he is rumored to make a nice hood
Haha yeah this hood is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 143DAD
Lu, great job on all the video's I wish I had the editing skill's to get my stuff together like you do. Much like Beasley wish/hope we can all make a trip again.
Thanks Rory a lot of your video clips were used so thanks for the footage. Can't wait for the next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw
Lu, what did you do to mount the stock fuse box up there? Did you modify or add to the bracket and what does it bolt to?
Zip tied to the grille support bar lol

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ


Tarantula_TJ Build
AngryTJ is offline  
post #2396 of 3547 Old 10-16-2013, 11:00 AM
green50gt
Senior Member
 
green50gt's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Goshen, IN
Posts: 704
Thanks for posting those pictures Lu! Whenever my Defender XC's show up I have some reference shots!

Looks like you had to bend the hell out of your AC line to get it out of the way?
green50gt is offline  
post #2397 of 3547 Old 10-16-2013, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
AngryTJ
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt
Thanks for posting those pictures Lu! Whenever my Defender XC's show up I have some reference shots! Looks like you had to bend the hell out of your AC line to get it out of the way?
Nope didn't tough the AC lines but right where you see everything mounted is about where you will have room. Any closer to the front of the jeep and the angle Of the hood reduces the space

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ


Tarantula_TJ Build
AngryTJ is offline  
post #2398 of 3547 Old 10-17-2013, 06:24 AM
jeepbro's
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wilmington
Posts: 2,739
Those videos are awesome! It makes me really want to b plan a trip like that.

In video 1 or 2, you have a section that is in fast forward through sand/ desert trails with the camera in your black Jeep. It looks like it is focused on the horizon and not bouncing around with the jeep. How did you Mount it for that part?
Usually one part is a fixed point of rederence in the line of sight and looks like every thing else is moving but the video makes it look like it would if your actually in the Jeep with the Jeep moving around but keeping your sight level with the terrain. It made it come out awesome though being able to focus on what your driving through not just a a still hood with a moving background.

2002 tj sahara 3" lift 35" km2, AtoZ rockers, 8k warn, 4.56 gears, lock-rites front and rear
jeepbro's is offline  
post #2399 of 3547 Old 10-17-2013, 08:44 AM
dayriesw
Web Wheeler
 
dayriesw's Avatar
1987 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 6,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Nope didn't tough the AC lines but right where you see everything mounted is about where you will have room. Any closer to the front of the jeep and the angle Of the hood reduces the space
I can get my ac line to move up like your at all. That is why mine still sticks out so far. I need to get to that.

06 WK 5.7 Hemi Overland - Daily
87 MJ Chief 57k original miles... getting built in the backyard. 37s, waggy axles, D300, 6 speed, etc.

Gone - 05 LJ on 37s, 79 FSJ Chief on 38s, 85 CJ-7 on 31s
dayriesw is offline  
post #2400 of 3547 Old 10-17-2013, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
AngryTJ
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbro's View Post
Those videos are awesome! It makes me really want to b plan a trip like that.

In video 1 or 2, you have a section that is in fast forward through sand/ desert trails with the camera in your black Jeep. It looks like it is focused on the horizon and not bouncing around with the jeep. How did you Mount it for that part?
Usually one part is a fixed point of rederence in the line of sight and looks like every thing else is moving but the video makes it look like it would if your actually in the Jeep with the Jeep moving around but keeping your sight level with the terrain. It made it come out awesome though being able to focus on what your driving through not just a a still hood with a moving background.
The fast forward section in Moab Part 1 I used the video making software stabilizer. Not sure if thats what your referencing but the camera was mounted directly on my windshield. Glad you liked them

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
I can get my ac line to move up like your at all. That is why mine still sticks out so far. I need to get to that.
Do you have a photo for reference?

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ


Tarantula_TJ Build
AngryTJ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
TR Rubicon build tjindiana Jeep Builds 68 01-07-2015 07:06 AM
.06 Rubicon Build. MRYJ101 Jeep Builds 104 01-08-2013 06:10 PM
06 Rubicon Build muddy8jeep8 Jeep Builds 26 10-30-2012 03:43 PM
04 Rubicon Build skinpin Jeep Builds 23 07-18-2012 01:59 PM
My LJ Rubicon Build Kedive Jeep Builds 1 06-03-2010 12:04 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome