Tarantula_TJ Rubicon Build - Page 149 - JeepForum.com
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2221 of 3547 Old 07-29-2013, 10:57 AM
MO2500
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 7,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1981Chief View Post
So.....how much do you have into this beast of a jeep?
We don't talk about numbers... that's the #1 rule of being a Jeep owner lol


ODonnell Motorsports
Build Thread
Instagram: @omsmike
MO2500 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2222 of 3547 Old 07-29-2013, 11:03 AM
Danno6102
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1981Chief View Post
So.....how much do you have into this beast of a jeep?
that's like asking a chick how much she weighs.

IndyORV
My Build

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline  
post #2223 of 3547 Old 07-29-2013, 11:06 AM
MO2500
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 7,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Funds are low for hydro assist right now but I am curious to see how yours holds up Mike. Might try and avoid buying the PSC box and save some cash
If you want to move the 1 (or 2?) holes to swap to a saginaw box I will gladly build you a steering box. Mine is working awesome now!

Durability wise I see no difference with the PSC gear. I screwed up rushing to do the other box and didn't clean it out thouroughly. I also didn't double check that my adjustments hadn't changed between mock up and final assembely but your adjustments need to be spot on with the PSC kit as well so that isn't an issue with the stock box.

I only have ~ $600 into my Hydro assist and it's all PSC pump, reservoir, ram, hoses, except the box and Derale cooler.

ODonnell Motorsports
Build Thread
Instagram: @omsmike
MO2500 is online now  
post #2224 of 3547 Old 07-29-2013, 12:08 PM
aw12345
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario
Posts: 7,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
If you want to move the 1 (or 2?) holes to swap to a saginaw box I will gladly build you a steering box. Mine is working awesome now!

Durability wise I see no difference with the PSC gear. I screwed up rushing to do the other box and didn't clean it out thouroughly. I also didn't double check that my adjustments hadn't changed between mock up and final assembely but your adjustments need to be spot on with the PSC kit as well so that isn't an issue with the stock box.

I only have ~ $600 into my Hydro assist and it's all PSC pump, reservoir, ram, hoses, except the box and Derale cooler.
Only the top mounting hole needs to be moved, bottom holes are identical.
Fitted both a 2000 and a 1997 box on my Jeep, didn't mess with the lower 2 holes

My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is offline  
post #2225 of 3547 Old 07-29-2013, 12:23 PM
MO2500
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 7,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post

Only the top mounting hole needs to be moved, bottom holes are identical.
Fitted both a 2000 and a 1997 box on my Jeep, didn't mess with the lower 2 holes
That makes it relatively easy then.

ODonnell Motorsports
Build Thread
Instagram: @omsmike
MO2500 is online now  
post #2226 of 3547 Old 07-29-2013, 12:56 PM
yellow_snocone
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Holloman AFB
Posts: 1,465
Damn only $600 mike thats not bad at all. Seems like its just a matter of getting everything right that could pose a challenge.

Military Jeepers
S.W. New Mexico region

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline  
post #2227 of 3547 Old 07-29-2013, 01:59 PM
Danno6102
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,572
I just looked on rock auto & you can get a reman 2000 tj/xj box for $130.

IndyORV
My Build

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline  
post #2228 of 3547 Old 07-29-2013, 03:06 PM
MO2500
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 7,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
I just looked on rock auto & you can get a reman 2000 tj/xj box for $130.
I pulled one from the junkyard last week for $25. It was getting all new seals and o-rings when I pulled it apart anyway (roughly $30). Looks and works like new now!

ODonnell Motorsports
Build Thread
Instagram: @omsmike
MO2500 is online now  
post #2229 of 3547 Old 07-29-2013, 03:07 PM
MO2500
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 7,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
Seems like its just a matter of getting everything right that could pose a challenge.
No more work than you need to do when you install the PSC kit.

ODonnell Motorsports
Build Thread
Instagram: @omsmike
MO2500 is online now  
post #2230 of 3547 Old 07-29-2013, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
AngryTJ
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
We don't talk about numbers... that's the #1 rule of being a Jeep owner lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Only the top mounting hole needs to be moved, bottom holes are identical.
Fitted both a 2000 and a 1997 box on my Jeep, didn't mess with the lower 2 holes
this is my first time researching hydro assist so thanks for the info

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ


Tarantula_TJ Build
AngryTJ is offline  
post #2231 of 3547 Old 08-02-2013, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
AngryTJ
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,468
Selling the following if anyone is interested...
Rokmen Alum strykers $150


18" arms $70

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ


Tarantula_TJ Build
AngryTJ is offline  
post #2232 of 3547 Old 08-03-2013, 03:46 AM
freaknajeep
Registered User
1971 DJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tupelo
Posts: 937
In my opinion do what works for you...me personally would not even think of driving anything off-road that wasn't full hydro....I do know that there is a company selling an assist kit that comes with all the necessary pieces so you don't have to drill anything....I want to say it's psc..but I've had way many beers since I did that wasted research....if I can't turn my wheel with my pinky while digging in the cooler..I won't drive it....but then again my off-road rigs have never been dual purpose either...while I may drive them on street I wouldn't say it was legal..but then I do live in Mississippi...here long as you have brakes, lights and a seatbelt they will let you register anything...

Be carefull while Hugging the Trees...They leave dents on your Jeep....

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline  
post #2233 of 3547 Old 08-03-2013, 09:58 AM
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: FT Myers
Posts: 4,866
Why are you not using the Stykers? I think they would look reall good with your Raceline wheels.
Hendrix is offline  
post #2234 of 3547 Old 08-03-2013, 10:07 AM
jermeyg
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rosamond
Posts: 557
Hey Lu, here is some information I have gathered about PSC Hydro Assist, if you have seen it already please ignore.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2...l#post15567620
Post 192
jermeyg is offline  
post #2235 of 3547 Old 08-03-2013, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
AngryTJ
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep
In my opinion do what works for you...me personally would not even think of driving anything off-road that wasn't full hydro....I do know that there is a company selling an assist kit that comes with all the necessary pieces so you don't have to drill anything....I want to say it's psc..but I've had way many beers since I did that wasted research....if I can't turn my wheel with my pinky while digging in the cooler..I won't drive it....but then again my off-road rigs have never been dual purpose either...while I may drive them on street I wouldn't say it was legal..but then I do live in Mississippi...here long as you have brakes, lights and a seatbelt they will let you register anything...
Thanks but I have no interest in full hydro especially for a street driven jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
Why are you not using the Stykers? I think they would look reall good with your Raceline wheels.
I dunno really just thought about selling em to save up for hydro assist. If they don't sell ill put em on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermeyg
Hey Lu, here is some information I have gathered about PSC Hydro Assist, if you have seen it already please ignore.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2...l#post15567620
Post 192
Thanks Jeremy!

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ


Tarantula_TJ Build
AngryTJ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
TR Rubicon build tjindiana Jeep Builds 68 01-07-2015 07:06 AM
.06 Rubicon Build. MRYJ101 Jeep Builds 104 01-08-2013 06:10 PM
06 Rubicon Build muddy8jeep8 Jeep Builds 26 10-30-2012 03:43 PM
04 Rubicon Build skinpin Jeep Builds 23 07-18-2012 01:59 PM
My LJ Rubicon Build Kedive Jeep Builds 1 06-03-2010 12:04 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome