Tarantula_TJ Rubicon Build - Page 102 - JeepForum.com
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1516 of 3546 Old 02-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Driver831
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Socal
Posts: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone
Yup so far its still a go. I'm shooting for 1st to the 4th of june
It's gonna be hotter then two rats screwin in a wool sock in June!!!!


Follow on Instagram kids! @ Driver831 @provinggroundsracing
www.Provinggroundsracing.com
Driver831 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1517 of 3546 Old 02-08-2013, 07:20 PM
bobthetj03
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NorCal
Posts: 5,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver831 View Post
It's gonna be hotter then two rats screwin in a wool sock in June!!!!

Bob's boring build:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline  
post #1518 of 3546 Old 02-08-2013, 08:17 PM
MO2500
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 7,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver831 View Post
It's gonna be hotter then two rats screwin in a wool sock in June!!!!
I must have been lucky then, I was there the second week of June this past year and it was only in the 90s. However, it felt a whole lot better than the humid 90 degree temps here on the east coast.

ODonnell Motorsports
Build Thread
Instagram: @omsmike
MO2500 is offline  
post #1519 of 3546 Old 02-09-2013, 03:49 AM
yellow_snocone
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Holloman AFB
Posts: 1,465
I'm coming from new mexico so hot is hot no matter what lol

Military Jeepers
S.W. New Mexico region

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline  
post #1520 of 3546 Old 02-18-2013, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
AngryTJ
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,466
Finally got around to working on the jeep.

First thing I wanted to do was swap out my 4" Zone springs for my new OME springs. The main thing I wanted see is if there was going to be any rake I would need to address by frenching the rear upper mount more into the frame lowering the a$$ end instead of using spacers in the front.

Before:

Took a few pre-swap measurements:
From the ground to the rear of the frame 22 1/8"
ground to middle frame in front of rear tire 19 1/2"
ground to middle frame behind front tire 19 1/2"
Ground to steering box skid 20 3/8"
Overall the Jeep stands pretty level

New front spring on the left (went with the OME 930s):


Front done progress shot

Rear springs (Went with OME 949 for the rear)


Finished product:

New measurements post-swap:
From the ground to the rear of the frame was 22 1/8" now 21 1/2"
ground to middle frame in front of rear tire was 19 1/2" now 18 5/8"
ground to middle frame behind front tire was 19 1/2" now 18 3/8"
Ground to steering box skid was 20 3/8" now 18 3/8"

The rear didnt drop much being as though the 949s are a stiff spring but Im sure it will settle in just a bit more. Front dropped 2" and now there is a little of a forward rake so Ill make sure to raise the rear upper mount just a bit when I stretch.

After the springs I decided to tackle the evap

Before:


The hose with the white connector at the end is where it plugs into the hose coming from the gas tank. First thing I did was detach both hoses at the top of the next pic and removed the large charcoal canister completely. Then removed the hose on the upper left that came from the canister back into the evap completely and took the upper right hose end and moved it to the evap so it bypasses it completely.
Hard to describe but easy to figure out.

Canister detached


Then I removed it from the mounting bracket completely to figure out how I wanted to mount it.

Ill make a bracket to mount like so and remove the shelf that held the canister. Started the jeep up and let it run for 10 minutes and no codes so far.

Next project is the Genright tank install

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ


Tarantula_TJ Build
AngryTJ is offline  
post #1521 of 3546 Old 02-18-2013, 07:19 PM
TJRHD
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eastern
Posts: 3,623
thank you for that

NOT A HATER
TJRHD is offline  
post #1522 of 3546 Old 02-22-2013, 09:11 PM
143DAD
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Springfield
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Finally got around to working on the jeep.

First thing I wanted to do was swap out my 4" Zone springs for my new OME springs. The main thing I wanted see is if there was going to be any rake I would need to address by frenching the rear upper mount more into the frame lowering the a$$ end instead of using spacers in the front.

Before:

Took a few pre-swap measurements:
From the ground to the rear of the frame 22 1/8"
ground to middle frame in front of rear tire 19 1/2"
ground to middle frame behind front tire 19 1/2"
Ground to steering box skid 20 3/8"
Overall the Jeep stands pretty level

New front spring on the left (went with the OME 930s):


Front done progress shot

Rear springs (Went with OME 949 for the rear)


Finished product:

New measurements post-swap:
From the ground to the rear of the frame was 22 1/8" now 21 1/2"
ground to middle frame in front of rear tire was 19 1/2" now 18 5/8"
ground to middle frame behind front tire was 19 1/2" now 18 3/8"
Ground to steering box skid was 20 3/8" now 18 3/8"

The rear didnt drop much being as though the 949s are a stiff spring but Im sure it will settle in just a bit more. Front dropped 2" and now there is a little of a forward rake so Ill make sure to raise the rear upper mount just a bit when I stretch.

After the springs I decided to tackle the evap

Before:


The hose with the white connector at the end is where it plugs into the hose coming from the gas tank. First thing I did was detach both hoses at the top of the next pic and removed the large charcoal canister completely. Then removed the hose on the upper left that came from the canister back into the evap completely and took the upper right hose end and moved it to the evap so it bypasses it completely.
Hard to describe but easy to figure out.

Canister detached


Then I removed it from the mounting bracket completely to figure out how I wanted to mount it.

Ill make a bracket to mount like so and remove the shelf that held the canister. Started the jeep up and let it run for 10 minutes and no codes so far.

Next project is the Genright tank install
You will like the OME springs good choice.

Any color will do as long as its black.
143DAD is offline  
post #1523 of 3546 Old 02-23-2013, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
AngryTJ
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
thank you for that
Anytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 143DAD View Post
You will like the OME springs good choice.
Ive read good things so Im looking forward to them.

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ


Tarantula_TJ Build
AngryTJ is offline  
post #1524 of 3546 Old 02-23-2013, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
AngryTJ
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,466
Genright EXT tank install Part 1 of 2

Well I finally got around to installing my genright tank to allow for a 5 in rear stretch. I was able to handle everything on my own and made it 80% of the way through before having to call it a day.

First things first remove the negative battery terminal

next remove the gas cap to relieve pressure in the lines

unscrew the bolts and remove the gas bezel



then locate the axle vent tube zip tied to the filler hose and cut the zip tie


unclip the following 3 hoses. 1 goes to the fuel pump assembly, 1 goes to the hose that wraps around to the evap and the last is an electrical wire then connects to the fuel pump assembly.

NOTE: for the electrical connector you will likely need to lower the tank some before being able to get your hand in there to unclip it and pull it off.
Before doing so unbolt the front 2 (Savvy GTS) or 3 (stock GTS) bolts.

In my case sawzaw them off

This is the electrical connector that has a slide piece at the top before you can push the top of it and pull it off.

Remove the 4 bolts behind the tank near the bumper, disconnect the EVAP line on the rear passenger side and lower the tank slowly. While lowering check to make sure no other hoses are being held up and also make sure to be careful of the filler hose.


The next pic shows a 2005 gas tank and how all the lines run

New genright tank with simplified lines


remove filler hose from the stock tank and place on the new tank

use the supplied line and do the following


Now its time to take the fuel pump assembly out of the stock tank

Spin the outer metal ring until it comes off and the fuel pump assembly is free (I used a hammer and flathead to get the ring to spin)

then remove the fuel pump assembly VERY CAREFULLY AND SLOW!! you can see in the next pic there is a wire and float that hangs to the side. Place it aside on a clean rag

Next take the oring from the stock tank, apply some grease, and put on the new tank opening which is grooved and will fit directly in.

There will be a small tab at the top of the fuel assembly. Carefully cut the tab off so the assembly will sit in the new tank flush. Install the fuel assembly lining up the arrow on the assembly to the line or arrow on the genright tank


Use the supplied alum ring and and hand tighten making sure the arrow stays in line.


Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ


Tarantula_TJ Build
AngryTJ is offline  
post #1525 of 3546 Old 02-23-2013, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
AngryTJ
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,466
Next take the Evap line off the stock tank and attach to the new. I used some zip ties to attach it to the new tanks hoses on top to keep it in place. Dont pinch the line making them too tight though.


Next start to jack up the tank into position making sure to be careful with the filler hose.

Thats as far as I got today and Ill finish up next weekend.

Making progress even though it may not look like it

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ


Tarantula_TJ Build
AngryTJ is offline  
post #1526 of 3546 Old 02-23-2013, 05:22 PM
duc202
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: montgomery village
Posts: 1,020
Everything looks good Lou. Hopefully I can see it in person again soon.
duc202 is offline  
post #1527 of 3546 Old 02-23-2013, 05:23 PM
MO2500
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 7,172
I like that tank, looks good!

ODonnell Motorsports
Build Thread
Instagram: @omsmike
MO2500 is offline  
post #1528 of 3546 Old 02-23-2013, 06:13 PM
bobthetj03
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NorCal
Posts: 5,271
Excellent documentation followed by excellent photos to back up said doc. I feel like I could do this myself now. Nice work Lu!

Bob's boring build:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline  
post #1529 of 3546 Old 02-24-2013, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
AngryTJ
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc202
Everything looks good Lou. Hopefully I can see it in person again soon.
Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500
I like that tank, looks good!
Yeah she is a beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03
Excellent documentation followed by excellent photos to back up said doc. I feel like I could do this myself now. Nice work Lu!
Thank you sir. I figured I would document the whole thing with pictures and eventually post it in the tj tech forum since I think it could help a lot of people planning to do the install.

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ


Tarantula_TJ Build
AngryTJ is offline  
post #1530 of 3546 Old 02-24-2013, 09:08 AM
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post

Thank you sir. I figured I would document the whole thing with pictures and eventually post it in the tj tech forum since I think it could help a lot of people planning to do the install.
I know its on my list down the line so thanks in advance. When do you plan on tackling the stretch?

Chicks are allowed build threads here, right?

'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
TR Rubicon build tjindiana Jeep Builds 68 01-07-2015 07:06 AM
.06 Rubicon Build. MRYJ101 Jeep Builds 104 01-08-2013 06:10 PM
06 Rubicon Build muddy8jeep8 Jeep Builds 26 10-30-2012 03:43 PM
04 Rubicon Build skinpin Jeep Builds 23 07-18-2012 01:59 PM
My LJ Rubicon Build Kedive Jeep Builds 1 06-03-2010 12:04 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome