Taming the BEAST! 5.3L V8 Powered TJ-6 - Page 35 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Taming the BEAST! 5.3L V8 Powered TJ-6

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 08-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #511
clintrivera
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Thats what its all about , no matter what rig your in ...
Exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by jforse View Post
Exactly. My simple wk takes me everywhere i want to go exploring.
Exactly X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum5.9 View Post
Ive owed a ZJ 5.9 and now an WJ 4.7ho. I prefer the WJ.... I have had no dependability issues with the 4.7 and am happy with the quadradrive system other than being picky with $ fluids. 3" lift 32" tires and some armor it does well. Its not extreme by any means but works for what I want right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak17 View Post
The WJ is a little more comfortable in my opinion... No experience with the 4.7L. But my buddies ZJ was beat on pretty good in stock form and then hit 100 mph on the highway the same day. With a little work they can make great overland rigs IMO.
I went up and looked at a "mint" 98 5.9 limited. Something must be wrong with my memory or I have some wired emotional connection, but I was very not impressed. Maybe it's just that I'm accustomed to driving a fire breathing wrangler around, but the mighty 5.9 was pretty yawn inducing. Plus the interior wasn't as nice as I remembered. It seemed like a XJ with a V8 swap and some fake wood with leather seats. Regular non HO WJ's seem to be more entertaining to drive - but I'm sure the far better transmission has a lot to do with that. Plus the interior is much better as well.

So... I think I've narrowed it down to the WJ. I just need to decide if I want to use the 4.7 larado I have, or get something else.

In other news, I have gotten only 1 email regarding the Wrangler. I would have though I would have more action than that? Am I out of line with the price? It seems to me it's a pretty good deal.

If I do go ahead with a WJ, I will have to sell the Wrangler for sure by the end of November. My snowmobile I put a deposit on will be ready for pickup and I will need the cash to pay for it. Does anyone think I'll have an issue paying for it by then?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...ed-lj-1741722/
clintrivera is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #512
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

It's a tough world selling built jeeps. They have almost literally no resale value over stock

I tried to sell my fully built Tj on 35's I only got offers a grand more than I originally bought it for

So I kept it haha

Good luck with sale though

I have been thinking of a wj DD and baby trail wheeler. 3" on 32's or so

Nuff said...
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #513
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

ive only gotten offers of 4-5k on mine. given yours is a lot nicer than mine. it sucks being on the selling side
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #514
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Selling stuff in that price range seems to be difficult... Most guys can come up with 5-8k every now and then, but above 10K they need a loan.... and since loan to book on your rig is less than it's worth. You are basically looking for someone who's got cash or cash and a loan set up... and that much cash is hard to come by. Have you put a feeler out for a trade + cash? Get the vehicle you're looking for and some money for mods.
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #515
clintrivera
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
It's a tough world selling built jeeps. They have almost literally no resale value over stock

I tried to sell my fully built Tj on 35's I only got offers a grand more than I originally bought it for

So I kept it haha

Good luck with sale though

I have been thinking of a wj DD and baby trail wheeler. 3" on 32's or so
I'm defiantly selling to a smaller market, that's for sure. I'm trying to advertise it as many places as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper3494 View Post
ive only gotten offers of 4-5k on mine. given yours is a lot nicer than mine. it sucks being on the selling side
I had an offer of $10K before I stretched/ axle swapped / 37'd / linked it/ so I'm hoping to get more than that now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Selling stuff in that price range seems to be difficult... Most guys can come up with 5-8k every now and then, but above 10K they need a loan.... and since loan to book on your rig is less than it's worth. You are basically looking for someone who's got cash or cash and a loan set up... and that much cash is hard to come by. Have you put a feeler out for a trade + cash? Get the vehicle you're looking for and some money for mods.
I know what you mean. I'll need to find someone who can sell something of equivalent value to get cash for mine. Or someone that has a healthy savings account (what's that?) When it gets closer to D day if I haven't sold it I'm going to try to list it on Ebay. I think I can get a wider audience on there.

In the mean time, I'm going to start a build thread for the WJ... Only one month till Moab!

Unread 08-25-2013, 10:56 PM   #516
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Was passed by a lot of WJ's on the turnpike today. So tempting to build one.

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #517
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
They are nice rigs , and the last of the solid axle grands . We have an 04 that is going to get replaced by a 4 door JK once the mileage gets a little higher . Once that happens the WJ will start growing .
Unread 09-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #518
clintrivera
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I don't see many built WJ's. Would be cool to have something unique.
Quote:
They are nice rigs , and the last of the solid axle grands . We have an 04 that is going to get replaced by a 4 door JK once the mileage gets a little higher . Once that happens the WJ will start growing .
Make sure there is a WJ growth build thread!

Unread 09-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #519
platinum5.9
Web Wheeler

2003 WJ 

WJ
03 Grand Cherokee Limited-White/Agate-4.7HO/QD-OME HD springs-1" spacers-MX6 shocks-OME SS-IRO rear links-255/75/17 BFG muds-JK Moabs-Muffler Delete-Magnaflow Cats x3-V3 Projectors 35w 5000k HID and High/Low harness w/relays-IRO Premium Sliders-SOLID D30 Cover-Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs/3/4" black shackles http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...1/#post9902192
--Enchanted Mountain Off-road Crew--Olean NY
enchantedmountainoffroad@gmail.com
platinum5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #520
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintrivera View Post
I don't see many built WJ's. Would be cool to have something unique.

Make sure there is a WJ growth build thread!
At some point there will be a thread . I envision metric 32s and an OME lift , but it wont happen til Kimbo is in her 4 door JK .
Unread 09-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #521
clintrivera
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
At some point there will be a thread . I envision metric 32s and an OME lift , but it wont happen til Kimbo is in her 4 door JK .
Awesome. JK Rubicon take offs would fit that bill nicely if you like the design.

In other news, I decided to whip up a front bumper in preparation for Moab. Basically ripped off Poison Spyder's design.
img_20130903_184527.jpg  

Unread 09-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #522
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Do you have a trail agenda yet?

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #523
clintrivera
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
Do you have a trail agenda yet?
Not yet. I'm making a list of trails I want to run and will probably run them from easiest to hardest to keep and broken parts to the last day.

Unread 09-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #524
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Awesome. JK Rubicon take offs would fit that bill nicely if you like the design.
JK Rubicon wheels are already on it , the metric 32s are in the shed .
Quote:
In other news, I decided to whip up a front bumper in preparation for Moab. Basically ripped off Poison Spyder's design.
Looks solid, are you adding a hoop ?
Unread 09-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #525
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Unless you drive like a 'tard or decide to visit Pritchett Canyon or Area BFE I doubt you'll break anything. You HAVE to do Hells Gate. I'm happy G Beasly was there to spot me and the other guys gave me the courage to do it.

Wanna make me one Clint? I always wanted the PS BFH bumper with the Brawler bar

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.