Taming the BEAST! 5.3L V8 Powered TJ-6 - Page 30 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Taming the BEAST! 5.3L V8 Powered TJ-6

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Reply
Unread 08-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #436
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez, Colorado
Posts: 4,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintrivera View Post
The design solves tire clearance issues, but I really hate the look of them. Sorry.
That was the main reason I bought them. I take a minimalist approach to the looks of my Jeep, thats why I got the overlines with no flares. I feel the same way you do about the "arched" version with flares. They look like a pissed off cobra.

__________________
5.3/4l60e swap

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #437
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden, NC
Posts: 5,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
That was the main reason I bought them. I take a minimalist approach to the looks of my Jeep, thats why I got the overlines with no flares. I feel the same way you do about the "arched" version with flares. They look like a pissed off cobra.
Cobra ?! Bwahahahaahha
__________________
Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #438
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez, Colorado
Posts: 4,245
Should get Firemedic to photoshop that one...

Sorry for the clutter Clint.
__________________
5.3/4l60e swap

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #439
Ripper3494
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Warrenville, Illinois
Posts: 5,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJOE1914 View Post
THANKS! WOW! Would a 6.0 fit? How "hard" is this swap? I have been looking at Hemi motors as well...Those Vortecs last forever
The 6.0s fit just fine but coming from someone whose done a 6.0... Go with a 5.3 haha. The 6.0 is a lot of motor if your jeep isn't setup for it.
__________________
build thread:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/94-yj-6-0-build-spud-1218315/[/url]
1994 yj stretched, locked and loaded - 6.0l vortec lq4, 4l60e, np231, Dana 44s 37" interco trxus m/t, 3.5" bds front leafs, double triangulated 4 link rear on xj front coils.
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #440
clintrivera
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pacific, Washington
Posts: 2,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
That was the main reason I bought them. I take a minimalist approach to the looks of my Jeep, thats why I got the overlines with no flares. I feel the same way you do about the "arched" version with flares. They look like a pissed off cobra.
The arched ones are the worst looking IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper3494 View Post
The 6.0s fit just fine but coming from someone whose done a 6.0... Go with a 5.3 haha. The 6.0 is a lot of motor if your jeep isn't setup for it.
I couldn't justify the price difference for the 6.0, and I would have drive train strength concerns as well. I mainly did the swap to get a good auto trans.

Moab trip is official and the house is rented. Leaving Friday September 27th after work and arriving Saturday afternoon sometime. Leaving Friday October 4th, so that should give us a ton of time to wheel. Pretty stoked about the whole thing.

I also picked up a 2001 Chevy Duramax. I used it to pull the Jeep camping the weekend before last and it is a much better tow vehicle and gets way better mileage than my V10 Dodge.

My buddy bent some rocker panels up for me and gave me some plate for my winch bumper so I have that to work on too.

I still need to sell my Dodge, put my snowmobile back together and sell that, and do an engine swap and sell my 99 WJ... Lots to do!

I did buy the new 2nd generation Nexus 7 tablet for navigation / stereo / angry bird use on the trail. Should be here tomorrow. It has a much higher resolution / brighter screen so this should be much better for mapping and I hope it's ok in sunlight.
__________________
Project Indecision: A Jeep Addicts 06 LJ

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...ed-lj-1741722/
clintrivera is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #441
Kodiak17
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kutztown, PA/ Andover, NJ, Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,709
How are you mounting it?
__________________
Maintain, wheel, upgrade, repeat.

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #442
clintrivera
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pacific, Washington
Posts: 2,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak17 View Post
How are you mounting it?
Probably a Ram mount attached to a plate where the CD player normally goes.
__________________
Project Indecision: A Jeep Addicts 06 LJ

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...ed-lj-1741722/
clintrivera is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #443
clintrivera
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pacific, Washington
Posts: 2,498
Went wheeling last weekend. Jeep did awesome but the front brake lines are a touch too short and one of them started to link at the fitting. I ordered some longer ones from Poly Performance that should be here tomorrow.

After a lot of thought, I think I'm going to sell the Jeep after I get back from Moab. It just doesn't fit my lifestyle or where I like to wheel. It's frankly overkill for what I like to do and I would like to get something a little more "overlandy".

So there's that. I'm not sure if the next vehicle is going to be a Jeep, but I'll post it here once the Beast sells. I'm still going to mount my rocker guards, build a front bumper, paint the corner guards, and some odds and ends- but it's basically done as it sits.

So... Anyone want to buy a Jeep?
img_20130811_132548s.jpg  
__________________
Project Indecision: A Jeep Addicts 06 LJ

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...ed-lj-1741722/
clintrivera is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #444
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden, NC
Posts: 5,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintrivera View Post

After a lot of thought, I think I'm going to sell the Jeep after I get back from Moab. It just doesn't fit my lifestyle or where I like to wheel. It's frankly overkill for what I like to do and I would like to get something a little more "overlandy".

So there's that. I'm not sure if the next vehicle is going to be a Jeep, but I'll post it here once the Beast sells. I'm still going to mount my rocker guards, build a front bumper, paint the corner guards, and some odds and ends- but it's basically done as it sits.

So... Anyone want to buy a Jeep?
How much have you had to drink ? Sell the Jeep ???
__________________
Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #445
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintrivera View Post
Went wheeling last weekend. Jeep did awesome but the front brake lines are a touch too short and one of them started to link at the fitting. I ordered some longer ones from Poly Performance that should be here tomorrow.

After a lot of thought, I think I'm going to sell the Jeep after I get back from Moab. It just doesn't fit my lifestyle or where I like to wheel. It's frankly overkill for what I like to do and I would like to get something a little more "overlandy".

So there's that. I'm not sure if the next vehicle is going to be a Jeep, but I'll post it here once the Beast sells. I'm still going to mount my rocker guards, build a front bumper, paint the corner guards, and some odds and ends- but it's basically done as it sits.

So... Anyone want to buy a Jeep?
I know that feeling.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #446
clintrivera
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pacific, Washington
Posts: 2,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
How much have you had to drink ? Sell the Jeep ???
I'll probably start drinking once I list it on craigslist and the lowball offers start rolling in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
I know that feeling.
I've bought, built, and sold many Jeeps. I've only regretted selling one so far.
__________________
Project Indecision: A Jeep Addicts 06 LJ

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...ed-lj-1741722/
clintrivera is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #447
BamaJeepman21
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 3,889
Build something moderate on 35's or even 33's.
__________________
I want your used D30/D35 chromo shafts!

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #448
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez, Colorado
Posts: 4,245
Oh man that makes me sad Clint. But I think Moab might just change your mind...
__________________
5.3/4l60e swap

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #449
Barrows
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Union, Maine
Posts: 280
Bummer to hear about selling the jeep. I stumbled upon this thread because I want to stretch my tj to make it more overland friendly.
Barrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #450
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintrivera View Post
Went wheeling last weekend. Jeep did awesome but the front brake lines are a touch too short and one of them started to link at the fitting. I ordered some longer ones from Poly Performance that should be here tomorrow.

After a lot of thought, I think I'm going to sell the Jeep after I get back from Moab. It just doesn't fit my lifestyle or where I like to wheel. It's frankly overkill for what I like to do and I would like to get something a little more "overlandy".

So there's that. I'm not sure if the next vehicle is going to be a Jeep, but I'll post it here once the Beast sells. I'm still going to mount my rocker guards, build a front bumper, paint the corner guards, and some odds and ends- but it's basically done as it sits.

So... Anyone want to buy a Jeep?

for me it is not a question of Jeep or not ... after so much enthusiasm and brain storming and custom fab to let go so quickly is somehow confusing?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
__________________
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know"
my LS1 swap build thread
THE cheap progressive bump stop solution
chmo is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.