SuperWade2's TJ Build Thread - Page 65 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > SuperWade2's TJ Build Thread

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 07-28-2013, 04:18 PM   #961
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wdjeepguy View Post
Where can you buy that steering skid?
Edit: looks like I'm slow

It's on savvyoffroad.com

It's a little hard to find. ..I think its under the bumper section or something

Sent by a messenger bird

jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #962
4wdjeepguy
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2 View Post
Back from Vacation... Gerald had a box waiting for me when I got home...

Got one on order. I'm assuming you can't get a wrench on the backing nut for the frame side bolt
4wdjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #963
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wdjeepguy View Post
Got one on order. I'm assuming you can't get a wrench on the backing nut for the frame side bolt
I just dropped the flange nut into the opening, stuck my finger in to get the bolt started and the flange nut did it's gripping thing and no wrench needed. All tight and happy.
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2014, 05:06 PM   #964
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Holy Crap it's been more than 6 months since my last post in this thread! Yikes

My Front ARB that I popped Out last June (Post 942) is still sitting in a box on my Garage Floor after it was fixed up by ARB... I don't have a great selection of shops within an hour or two from my home that does gears and lockers, nor do I have the time off during the week to drive it anywhere, so no idea when it's going to get done.

I guess I haven't been wheeling since then... Ugg that's painful to think about. So many things that I'd like to/need to do and no $ to do much of it I guess... maybe I can get some plans in place to get some work done this summer.

Wade
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 03-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #965
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Damn! Thought you sold the jeep or something! Or succumbed to the SC hippy peer pressure and traded it in for a Prius!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2014, 05:22 PM   #966
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Damn! Thought you sold the jeep or something! Or succumbed to the SC hippy peer pressure and traded it in for a Prius!
Nope no Prius... actually bought another "Gas Guzzler" ... I own 4 Vehicles now (3 Jeeps) and not a one gets better than 15MPG. The "hippie's" here in Santa Cruz County love me!
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 03-25-2014, 08:45 PM   #967
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well, finally something semi Jeep related to report...

I found a cheap used Color matching hood on Craigslist. The hood wasn't perfect, mostly straight on the sides but it looked like there was some semi fixed banged up section on the front...but fine if I someday damage mine, or decide to Highline a hood, etc, I thought it would be OK to have an extra. I've pissed away $40 in a lot worse ways...

Also in front of the hood is the box for a replacement from Tom Wood front drive shaft (actual shaft is behind the hood). My woody that's on there has seen some better days and I think a bit vibes and won't hold grease (nor able to easily add grease as the Zerks all got muched in Johnson Valley last time)... it will be fine for a trail spare. Now I just need to talk @MrBlaine into sending me up the Aluminum Re Belly section that is cluttering up his Garage and I'll be able to get rid of at least part of the heave monstrosity of the RE LA Belly Pan... I'd like to use the Savvy surfboard Engine Skid to replace the heavy Jeep Medic I have now, but I'm afraid that might be more work than I'm capable of to make work and a trip to SoCal to see Blaine and Kat isn't in the cards any time soon.

Wade
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 03-25-2014, 09:22 PM   #968
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I saw that hood on CL. Nice score! Maybe a candidate for a highline some day? You need to get out there and hit some trials! Our NorCal group was hoping to get out and hit Hollister this weekend, but with the weather being crap, and other prior commitments, it's not looking good for many.

Unread 03-25-2014, 10:12 PM   #969
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I saw that hood on CL. Nice score! Maybe a candidate for a highline some day? You need to get out there and hit some trials! Our NorCal group was hoping to get out and hit Hollister this weekend, but with the weather being crap, and other prior commitments, it's not looking good for many.
The guys from the Santa Cruz 4Wheel Drive Club went down to Hollister this past weekend and apparently had a great time!

No wheeling in my immediate future until I get my front Axle redone (Gears/ARB re-installed, etc)... Unfortunately I have to take a vacation day (more like 2, one for drop off, one for pick up) from work to get my rig to a shop worth taking it too to do a ARB install... so that just hasn't happened...and not likely soon... Hard to just cancel 6-8 hours of meetings that are booked up weeks in advance. Not that I'm complaining, but I do wish there was a shop that I could trust that was closer.
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 03-26-2014, 09:16 AM   #970
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I have the same problem up here. Not much talent to pool from for doing gears. Closest place for me is 1.5hr drive. Luckily for me, I can't afford to do gears yet anyway, lol!

Unread 03-26-2014, 08:21 PM   #971
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah, I have the same problem up here. Not much talent to pool from for doing gears. Closest place for me is 1.5hr drive. Luckily for me, I can't afford to do gears yet anyway, lol!
I think I'm going to try a shop down in Seaside (near Monterey) for the gear/ARB re-install whom I've heard good things about from a few folks, but have never used personally (which of course worries me).... about an hour away from here, but still 2+ hour round trip, and at least 2 trips.

I'm getting itchy now that I'm spending a few more minutes on JeepForum every day.... Not having done any wheeling in almost a year sure has saved me some $... I haven't busted anything, or needed to do any immediate upgrades. I think I've put about 100 miles on the Jeep since last June (my insurance company keeps asking me to confirm my ODO cause I don't think they believe me).

I know the first time I go out (depending on where I go) I'll be pissing and moaning about my steering (Someday would like MrBlaine's Black Magic PSC Hydro Assist), or I'll take another chunk out of the side of one of my OEM Gambler rims (want some "real" beadlocks), or I'll tweak a fender some more(Have been eyeing some type of new front fenders since tweaking mine a few years ago), or figure out that I have a need for a "real" roll cage, or get hung up on some rocks and swear up and down about my RE Long Arm, or, or, or... Sigh...

SW2
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 03-27-2014, 09:32 AM   #972
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

100 miles in a year? So sad! You just need to get out and wheel again! anywhere! You don't have to hit the big boy rocks to have fun wheeling. Just get out and hit the hills, get away, and drive that poor thing before the tires rot off! LOL!

Unread 04-05-2014, 12:14 PM   #973
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well, this is a big accomplishment per my recent past few months...

Actually rolled the TJ out of the Garage, Washed and Gassed Up (likely first time since last summer for Petrol)

Also, after taking a closer look in the daytime at my $40 Craigslist hood, I have to admit that it isn't quite as nice as I had hoped... Maybe worth the $40 I paid for it (assuming it still fits my rig), but certainly quite a ways from "nice". Maybe I"ll install it before my next trip to Johnson Valley so I don't care as much about damage...

2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 04-05-2014, 02:46 PM   #974
4wdjeepguy
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Throw on a Chris Durham hood and build some new inner fenders
4wdjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.