SuperWade2's TJ Build Thread - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > SuperWade2's TJ Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 08-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #826
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconRazorbac View Post
Any recommendations on a vendor for unit bearings & ball joints? Amazon maybe?
Amazon has the Timkin Bearings for $80/ea with Free Ship/No Tax, and where I usually get them (sad that I'm on my 3rd or 4th set counting the AlloyUSA ones and a couple sets of Timken's)

I actually ordered the Synergy Ball Joints from one of the Vendors on JeepForum. I figured I've had Spicer, Moog, and XRF, so might as well try the Synergy ones (I know they are expensive, unproven, etc, etc... save your breath, I've pissed away $150 extra a dozen times over on this rig).

2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #827
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Since people like Pics, here are a couple... I got the Pass side done, pulled the Driver Side Arm off and replaced the Bushing, but not yet reinstalled the arm (obviously)

And unbolting the Bumper to try to adjust/tighten/lube/scream and yell at my SwayLoc...it's really noisy, pings and squeaks, etc!
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 08-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #828
RubiconRazorbac
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2
I actually ordered the Synergy Ball Joints from one of the Vendors on JeepForum. I figured I've had Spicer, Moog, and XRF, so might as well try the Synergy ones (I know they are expensive, unproven, etc, etc... save your breath, I've pissed away $150 extra a dozen times over on this rig).
I thought about trying the Synergy ones as well. My Vancos are due to be delivered tomorrow & I figure while I've got the whole thing torn apart, a little PM is in order.
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2012, 07:53 PM   #829
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Removed my Swayloc....need to clean it up and find some of that ViperLube stuff to grease everything up and reinstall. It was dry as a bone, both bars and the rubber bushings (hadn't been pulled in 5+ years.)

2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 08-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #830
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2
Removed my Swayloc....need to clean it up and find some of that ViperLube stuff to grease everything up and reinstall. It was dry as a bone, both bars and the rubber bushings (hadn't been pulled in 5+ years.)
Viperlube not available anywhere local I guess and didn't see a suitable alternative.... another online order and wait for shipping... you'd thunk I lived in the boonies or something!
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 08-29-2012, 10:57 AM   #831
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2 View Post
Viperlube not available anywhere local I guess and didn't see a suitable alternative.... another online order and wait for shipping... you'd thunk I lived in the boonies or something!
Well, you kinda do live in the boonies, lol! Santa Cruz mountains are "boonie like". I'd rather be in the boonies than in "Hippie Town", lol!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #832
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I was digging in my cabinet and found the Viperlube (that I expect came with the Swayloc). There wasn't much used out of it, so I suspect I didn't lube the Swayloc up very well when I installed it the first time. I don't know if that stuff has a "shelf life", but it seemed to be OK, so I greased everything up and went to reinstall today, but think there is too much of a gap showing when one side is pressed all the way in. I suspect I need to loosen the ends and pound the crap out of it to tighten the arms, but open to other suggestions (MrBlaine?)

2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 08-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #833
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, I was digging in my cabinet and found the Viperlube (that I expect came with the Swayloc). There wasn't much used out of it, so I suspect I didn't lube the Swayloc up very well when I installed it the first time. I don't know if that stuff has a "shelf life", but it seemed to be OK, so I greased everything up and went to reinstall today, but think there is too much of a gap showing when one side is pressed all the way in. I suspect I need to loosen the ends and pound the crap out of it to tighten the arms, but open to other suggestions (MrBlaine?)

What does the other side look like?
Unread 08-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #834
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
What does the other side look like?
It is touching the bushing on the pass side, unless I shove the whole swaybar in from the driver to pass side, then it sticks out that 3/16"s of an inch or whatever on the pass side and the driver side arm (shown in pic) touches the bushing on that end...
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 08-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #835
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It is touching the bushing on the pass side, unless I shove the whole swaybar in from the driver to pass side, then it sticks out that 3/16"s of an inch or whatever on the pass side and the driver side arm (shown in pic) touches the bushing on that end...
How much you have sticking out on either side is irrelevant as long as you have full engagement of all four ends in there respective locking blocks on the ends of the arms.
Unread 08-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #836
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
How much you have sticking out on either side is irrelevant as long as you have full engagement of all four ends in there respective locking blocks on the ends of the arms.

2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 08-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #837
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwade2 View Post

gtg
Unread 08-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #838
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
gtg
Thx MrBlaine! (BTW, just dropped off box on the way to you from here as there was a mix-up in shipping, you should prob see Tuesdday!)

I yanked my Rocker/Slider off to finally install the lower bolt strip thing on that side. Needed to do some tweaking to the fender and touch up the flares anyhow. Figure I will do all the small things that I've been putting off (fix the drive side seat fold/tumble cable, re-install rear License Plate Light, re-adjust the doors so they don't rattle, etc)

Wade
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 08-31-2012, 06:10 PM   #839
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm getting a little faster at tearing down the front end... only took 30-45 minutes to get the knuckles off on both sides. Will get the BJ's swapped tomorrow or Sunday. I think I'm going to go ahead and do the Axle UJoints too since I have the spares and the shafts are out already.

2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 09-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #840
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

A couple more small updates, The going is slow!

Pulled, sanded and repainted all 4 fender flares. Not perfect, but will do for now until I eventually replace with something else... also throwing a fresh coat of paint on my Knuckles for the hell of it!

I also disassembled the Currie UCA JJ (that seemed way loose, compared to driver side), and getting new poly busing inserts and bolts (hopefully before Gerald gets back from Vaca), and decided to order the Smaller Bushings to replace the originals from the RE UCA. Going to swap in new Axle UJoints while I have everything apart as well.
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.