SuperWade2's TJ Build Thread - Page 55 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > SuperWade2's TJ Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe still have some great deals going on!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 07-04-2012, 08:22 AM   #811
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlrubicon05 View Post
True. Well, I can say they've done everything I can ask for so far. You have to admit people are picking these up for a reason. They can't keep them in stock.

Unread 07-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #812
4wdjeepguy
2005 LJ Wrangler 

4wdjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #813
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

I think I'll go back into hibernation now...

Of course, I'm smart enough to know what kind of reaction I was going to get when I bought these, and posted a pic on my thread, so I guess I'm just an attention whore who likes to pretend that I'm not.

I need to order some new Unit Bearings and wait for the new RE Rubber Bushings before I start tearing everything apart.
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #814
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2 View Post
I think I'll go back into hibernation now...

Of course, I'm smart enough to know what kind of reaction I was going to get when I bought these, and posted a pic on my thread, so I guess I'm just an attention whore who likes to pretend that I'm not.

I need to order some new Unit Bearings and wait for the new RE Rubber Bushings before I start tearing everything apart.
I have no idea as to what you're bothered about. I don't see any adverse reaction to your statements and I don't see where you're trying to tout them as anything other than what they are.
Unread 07-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #815
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine

I have no idea as to what you're bothered about. I don't see any adverse reaction to your statements and I don't see where you're trying to tout them as anything other than what they are.
I'm not bothered by anything , nor touting them as anything other than sitting on my workbench waiting for some free time to install them.
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 07-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #816
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlrubicon05 View Post
Why the confusion? You have a combined total of less than 10,000 miles on two sets of balljoints. The statements you've made about them could be made about the cheapest pile of crap balljoints made because of the mileage.

I've put in many sets of balljoints that fail in less than 10,000 miles, Spicers at 100 bucks for all 4 pieces are good for 50,000+.

You're using the same logic women use to buy shoes that are on sale.
Unread 07-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #817
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm not bothered by anything , nor touting them as anything other than sitting on my workbench waiting for some free time to install them.
I hope they work splendidly. We need a good go to solution for some of the stuff we do, but until they last longer than Spicers, we don't know.

Unfortunately, in your rig, it's going to be a VERY LOOOONG time before we know much.
Unread 07-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #818
RubiconRazorbac

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2
I guess we all go through ebbs and flows in our level of interest. Right now I'd almost rather go play a round of golf than spend 4 hours under the Jeep. I don't have any wheeling trips planned for the rest of the year, so not sure when I'll be back at it.
I hear you loud & clear

I have a ton of parts sitting in the garage collecting dust along with "plans" for a total suspension re-do. At 100 degrees on the shade, I just don't have the motivation. Plus I'm sure what takes most people 4 hours, takes me 8.

Even the wife asks when we're going wheelin' again...

Anyway, it all cyclical. Now go throw on those bling ball joints & get some miles on them
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #819
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

The next parts that will probably sit on my bench a lot longer than they should before I get arround to installing. Until recently, I was unaware that the metal sleeve should not fall out of the rubber bushings on their own once disconnected...most of mine more or less did when I had the Arms off a couple months ago. Unit Bearings are about all that's left to replace down there. I suppose I'll do those at the same time.

2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 07-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #820
AngryTJ
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Been reading over your build the last couple days and I've enjoyed the read. Rig looks great and I enjoy seeing all the quality parts you've installed over time.

For what its worth I voted for you in TJOTM whatever month it was you ran. Nicely done and I look forward to future progress

Tarantula_TJ Build

2015 Colorado Trip
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #821
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Been reading over your build the last couple days and I've enjoyed the read. Rig looks great and I enjoy seeing all the quality parts you've installed over time.

For what its worth I voted for you in TJOTM whatever month it was you ran. Nicely done and I look forward to future progress
Thanks much, I appreciate the feedback!

I don't think I'll submit the rig in TJOTM again unless I make some significant changes or upgrades. I finished 4th a couple times and I think 3rd the last time I did. It's about as well as I expected to finish and I see that most rigs that win are either on ton's, stretches, coil-overed or otherwise much "bigger" rigs than mine will likely ever be.

I suspect progress will be a bit slow for the next few/several months. I have some front end maintenance work to do, but no "big" plans, nor much funds to do anything big with it.

I kind of hope to get the hydro assist steering done, maybe a new cage put in, and maybe some tube fenders of some kind to replace my lightly "tweaked" stockers.

I'm pretty sure that I won't be going bigger than 35" (won't fit in my garage otherwise), and other than the stuff above, the other big complaint is belly and Long Arm Dragging. Those are a much more expensive fix.
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 08-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #822
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Whelp, another month gone by since last update and I actually did some small stuff today for the first time (Have been traveling, so not much time at home and zero for the TJ).

I removed the Pass Side Tub Rail and Corner Armor (first time since installed). Had to replace 1 of the OEM Nutserts that hold the flare on that yanked out when I sucked in a big rock in Johnson Valley and do a little pounding on the armor and tub in the wheel well. I'm going to sand down the flares (once I get my hand sander back from the dude that borrowed it like a year ago), throw on a fresh coat of Krylon Fusion and remount the flares.

I need to order some new Unit Bearings and then will begin the front end tear down (Unit bearings, Ball Joints, LCA Bushings all getting replaced). I"m also going to pull my SwayLoc and see about lubing (if I need too) and re-tightening everything as it makes all kinds of popping/pinging noises now.

I'm hoping to get to take a trip up to the Rubicon the first week of October so at least I have a target I'm working towards!

I was able to catch up a bit on my Credit Cards this month, so I hope over the next several months to start saving for my next bigger mods (and probably a trip down to see Blaine!)
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 08-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #823
glockster
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I was able to catch up a bit on my Credit Cards this month, so I hope over the next several months to start saving for my next bigger mods (and probably a trip down to see Blaine!)
What's the next phase going to entail?

Glockster's Rubihara Build
glockster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #824
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockster View Post
What's the next phase going to entail?
Nothing to crazy at this point (like a full suspension re-do and Under Armor, although that would be nice)... and I don't really have it all worked out yet as to order, but basically the stuff I've been whining about most... Hydro Assist Steering, Poly Perf Cage, Beadlock Rims are all top priority.

Since I tweaked my front fenders even a little more this past year, I'd like to finally get some front fenders (still not sure which yet, but Poison Spyder, Metalcloak, or ?).

Today I spent about 3 hours just getting just the pass side Front Long Arm Unbolted, LCA Bushing pulled out and the replacement in and arm re-mounted, it's going to be a slow process. I also realized that I probably should have replaced the smaller bushing that mounts the upper arm to the lower, but didn't order them yet. I still think my Pass side Currie UCA Johnny Joint is also too loose and probably got fried when the UCA mount was welded on, so I need to see about rebuilding that too. Possible also that my front drive shaft needs to be rebuilt too...way too much movement I think, so I have a list of stuff (plus the Ball Joints and Unit Bearings) that I need to get cracking on.

I also hope that the Aluminum Savvy REplacement RE LA Belly/Engine Skid isn't too far down the road as I'd like to throw that on my rig too!!!
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 08-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #825
RubiconRazorbac

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Any recommendations on a vendor for unit bearings & ball joints? Amazon maybe?
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.