SuperWade2's TJ Build Thread - Page 48 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > SuperWade2's TJ Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #706
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Man I want to make it out to JV sometime. Maybe this fall or next year, whenever I finish the 60/14b project.

Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #707
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

These pics reminded me that I need to do a disconnect wiring plug for my License Place lite... I need to take the rear plate mount off before I go out this year. I trashed the mount last year.
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #708
glockster
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Any chance that passenger seat will be vacant on Friday of your trip down? Might hook up with you guys.

Glockster's Rubihara Build
glockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #709
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockster View Post

Any chance that passenger seat will be vacant on Friday of your trip down? Might hook up with you guys.
Right now, "Shotgun" has been called for that seat unless something changes between now and then. Have an old friend from Riverside (where I lived for a year in 1998-1999 and where my wife grew up) who is supposed to meet us down on the Lakebed. He is in a pretty much stock TJ rig so I told him he could ride with me.

I'm not sure who else Blaine and Gerald have tagging along (all are welcome!!!) or who might have a pass seat open.

I'll likely wheel with Blaine and Gerald (who I assume is still coming) 1 day and with my club guys another (since the two groups likely don't intersect very well due to personalities and idea's about what's OK on the trail).

Wade
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 04-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #710
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the invite Wade! I am headed that way see you soon.

I was jk btw. I am very jealous though. I hope you have an awesome trip.
Unread 04-09-2012, 06:45 AM   #711
StvDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2 View Post
Headed back to Johnson Valley April 12th-16th! Who wants to join us?
I was hoping I could make it out this trip but I'm committed to a weekend at Superstition Mt. OHV, plus, I don't want Blaine to spot me into a rock. All you did was get banned from the press, I not only dropped his grinder on the garage floor but I managed to break his vise, oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
It seems that way but in truth it's not that bad, Outerlimits is tough and one of the longer trails but still is not that long and once you are out it's a fairly easy tow back to camp. In the end you simply cannot carry every part and tool, so you kind of have to pack for the occasion and what you think works best for the trail run at hand
Yep, something I learned in packing for the trails; carry what you need to repair what you may reasonably repair, on that trail. A lot of people pack way too many tools. I know what specific tools I need to replace an axle shaft, u-joint etc and there really aren't that many needed. I have an LJ Tuffy box in the back of my TJ (necessary for parking on the street in downtown San Diego but then I don't need my back seat..) and it's well stocked but far from full. I have a lot of other stuff that stays back at camp, I could darn near re-build a Jeep I have so much stuff,/tools but I don't need to carry it all in the Jeep

Quote:
I'm not sure if I'd keep the KM2's that are on the rims now or spend the $ to move my Kevlars over (depending on which had more/better tread
Keep the MTR's, I ran across Sunbonnet on KM2's with Blaine a couple of months back, the best I could say about the KM2's, running 7psi at JV is, they suck

And yeah, beadlocks, put that on my list too, and damn Goodyear and their backorder
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #712
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
I was hoping I could make it out this trip but I'm committed to a weekend at Superstition Mt. OHV, plus, I don't want Blaine to spot me into a rock. All you did was get banned from the press, I not only dropped his grinder on the garage floor but I managed to break his vise, oops

Yep, something I learned in packing for the trails; carry what you need to repair what you may reasonably repair, on that trail. A lot of people pack way too many tools. I know what specific tools I need to replace an axle shaft, u-joint etc and there really aren't that many needed. I have an LJ Tuffy box in the back of my TJ (necessary for parking on the street in downtown San Diego but then I don't need my back seat..) and it's well stocked but far from full. I have a lot of other stuff that stays back at camp, I could darn near re-build a Jeep I have so much stuff,/tools but I don't need to carry it all in the Jeep

Keep the MTR's, I ran across Sunbonnet on KM2's with Blaine a couple of months back, the best I could say about the KM2's, running 7psi at JV is, they suck

And yeah, beadlocks, put that on my list too, and damn Goodyear and their backorder
I second that KM2's suck on rocks, got them on my yellow Jeep, nice but somewhat loud street tire, balances really well but does not bite on rocks.
For a more dedicated rock crawling Jeep, MTR's or Krawlers are hard to beat

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #713
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
I second that KM2's suck on rocks, got them on my yellow Jeep, nice but somewhat loud street tire, balances really well but does not bite on rocks.
For a more dedicated rock crawling Jeep, MTR's or Krawlers are hard to beat
Thanks... I can't afford the Beadlock rims or Tires right now, so I'll be keeping my OEM Gambler Rims and MTR Kevlar's indefinitely.
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 04-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #714
rusty762
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I improvised a bit on the installation, since a couple of my screw holes were stripped out and I don't use the spare tire bumpers any more. I also drilled the middle hole of the top 3 (which were part of the stock tire carrier) thru the tailgate and that's where I'm running my CB Antenna and Ground wires.

Damn that is one fine *ss, I love the look of a clean shaved rear...

“If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend six sharpening my axe.”- Abraham Lincoln

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/rusty762s-project-led-sled-1417133/"]My Build[/URL]

[URL="http://vimeo.com/user2820105"]My Videos[/URL]

[URL="http://www.backscatter.com"]My Work[/URL]

Have you hugged a Firefighter today?
rusty762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #715
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty762 View Post
Damn that is one fine *ss, I love the look of a clean shaved rear...
Thank you.. I think...

I have everything locked and loaded for a 6AM Departure tomorrow, 8ish hour drive to Johnson Valley, 2 Days of Wheeling and then home on Sunday... P.S. I know the tow rig situation is "sub-optimal", but it's all I got right now!

2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 04-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #716
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thank you.. I think...

I have everything locked and loaded for a 6AM Departure tomorrow, 8ish hour drive to Johnson Valley, 2 Days of Wheeling and then home on Sunday... P.S. I know the tow rig situation is "sub-optimal", but it's all I got right now!

Towed mine for a year with my Nissan Frontier, slow go but it got there flat towed my Jeep with it to Moab and the Dusy, you make do with what you have

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #717
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2

Thank you.. I think...

Hell I would tow with that if I had the option. Patiently waiting on pictures and the story from JV....

:Popcorn:
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #718
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix

Hell I would tow with that if I had the option. Patiently waiting on pictures and the story from JV....

:Popcorn:
Will be tow rig and sleeping accommodations as well!

Will try to take lots of pics, busted camera from falling off a boulder last year... doh!
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #719
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

I'll see you guys on Saturday morning! Be ready to bring it!

I'm still catching up so I have to work.

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2006 LJ Unlimited Black Hole

2005 LJ Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #720
nickagr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

how do you like those Savvy half doors?

CHECK OUT AND LIKE OUR GROUPS PAGE AT
http://www.facebook.com/Twisted.Axles
nickagr is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.