SuperWade2's TJ Build Thread - Page 24 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > SuperWade2's TJ Build Thread

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-13-2010, 08:05 PM   #346
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

One other thing came today... some seat risers from Buchanan Precision Machine from Ebay to test out and see how I like them.

I got the 1.5" version... I just did the Driver side so far and sat in it (just in my garage) and it seems a little funny, so will have to give it a little time to see. I did have my camera sitting out on the far outer edge of my driver fender/flare and I could see the whole thing, before the lift, I didn't even see the fender flare at all unless I really stretched my neck up.

2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2010, 08:12 PM   #347
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like a pretty solid kit. I don't know if I would like going up higher. I stuggle with traffic lights already. I actually look above the windshield when the top is off.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 08:23 PM   #348
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Seat risers seem ok...been driving it to work this week and my eye level is pretty high, just below the top of the windshield, but I like it...My legs and lower 1/2 feel more comfortable and while I havn't been offroad yet, I think I'm really going to notice an improvement there.

Getting stuff ready for my journey to "Mecca" this weekend...(Mecca = MrBlaine's place)... I have most of the stuff pretty much already loaded up... It's probably a 7-9 Hour drive, depending on LA Traffic on a Friday, but I hope to be on the road by 5am so I can beat some of the later afternoon stuff down there.

Talked to Blaine a few times this week and have ordered longer Rancho shocks (11.375 travel) for the front and hopefully we'll get time to see if we can get them installed between the other stuff that's also going on (Rear Shock Outboarding, Rear Bumper, Tub Rails, etc.). We also discussed a future plan for some Brake/Steering (Vanco Hydroboost/PSC Steering,etc) mods, that might happen later this fall/winter on a followup trip (if I don't bug the crap out of him too bad this time). Too Bad that Gerald will be in Moab this weekend, would have been fun to hang out with the other 1/2 of Savvy...

Looking forward to having my stuff done "right" for a change.

Sw2
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 05-18-2010, 08:31 PM   #349
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Don't forget to take tons of pics. I do wonder why you are thinking Vanco Hydroboost thought. I can understand steering, but from my understanding, there was nothing to be gained from upgrading the hydroboost, or is that just without the Vanco BBK? When you say PSC, do you mean full hydro, or hydro assist?
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 05-18-2010, 08:34 PM   #350
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Don't forget to take tons of pics. I do wonder why you are thinking Vanco Hydroboost thought. I can understand steering, but from my understanding, there was nothing to be gained from upgrading the hydroboost, or is that just without the Vanco BBK? When you say PSC, do you mean full hydro, or hydro assist?
Not sure exactly what I mean at this point... I have a good relationship with Van and hope to expand on that and believe he knows his crap when it comes to Jeep Brake kits... I've had some issues since installing my original rear discs (Wilwood) and then reinstalling a different disc kit (Currie), and having a couple different shops do work on it. I don't think my prop valve is still right...so I'm going to pull all of it and get it done "right" the next time.

I'll listen to and take Blaine's recommendations on in either/both of these areas. I know there is a project with PSC that he's worked on developing some stuff for them, so will see where that leads.
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 05-18-2010, 08:37 PM   #351
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That is what I figured you were going to say (ok, not about the various shop work... didn't know about that). Sounds like you are allowing people to spend you money
Unread 05-18-2010, 08:43 PM   #352
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That is what I figured you were going to say (ok, not about the various shop work... didn't know about that). Sounds like you are allowing people to spend you money
On the contrary... I've decided that I'm going to put my money towards the people that I trust know what they are doing and talking about, even if that means a 9 hour drive to get to them. I've had some bad experiences with shops locally that I no longer trust and have gotten some bad advice for others "closer" (Old school 4x4Club Members, for example none of them get why I want to do a rear shock outboard on my TJ)... if I'm going to spend my money now, I only want to do it once and be sure that I'm making sound decisions to reduce the chance that I have to do any rework. I today wish that I'd gone a different direction for my Rear Axle and my Lift...both of those decisions I made from research on here and talking to shops and club members...3 years later, both of those, fairly expensive decisions are ones that I wish I could take back. To "fix" both of those for what I know know would be thousands and thousands of dollars.

...And if I can barter services that I can offer for partial trade for products from some of these vendors, then I'm going to work that angle all day, everyday.
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 05-18-2010, 08:51 PM   #353
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

lol, I was just joking with you. Of course that makes the most sense. It sounds like you have done many things multiple times.
Unread 05-18-2010, 08:54 PM   #354
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
lol, I was just joking with you. Of course that makes the most sense. It sounds like you have done many things multiple times.
For what I've spent in parts and labor, and rework on my Solid Axle Rear D44Axle Now, I could easily be Rocking a Dynatrac or Currie RockJock D60. My Lift not as much redoing stuff, but I really hate the belly pan that I'm locked into and I did end up replacing the trackbar/drop bracket/drop pitman arm that was part of that kit that was always a total POS in my novice estimation.

BTW, where is the Pic of the JF Sticker I sent you... get that ***** installed
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 05-19-2010, 12:12 AM   #355
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Blaine installed Hydroboost in my 03 its hard to fully explain how good the brakes are. With the stickies on, the brakes are so good you'd better have your harness on when I hit the brakes hard or your going thru the windshield. No joke! If I didn't have so much suspension, I bet I could do those front wheel wheelies the motorcyles do!

When hydro boost is done right there is no comparison between a Jeep with HB and not.

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2006 LJ Unlimited Black Hole

2005 LJ Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2010, 12:17 AM   #356
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah yeah yeah... you have to tires to grab the road. My MT/Rs actually grip the road (better than the michlines on my mom's van, the coopers on my dad's truck, and the Hankooks on my sisters car), and the best I can do is throw you into the dash if you don't have a seatbelt. That is until they lock up of course. I have to imagine that comparison is all thanks to the warped rotors of the last Jeep. I can't believe rear disks make that much of a difference (although tires do play a big role).
Unread 05-19-2010, 03:04 PM   #357
1SlowPoke
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nice Build Wade!
1SlowPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2010, 03:14 PM   #358
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SlowPoke View Post
Nice Build Wade!
Thanks...check back next week...hope to have some nice upgrades to talk about, show off, etc...
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 05-19-2010, 08:24 PM   #359
The27Jeenyus

I can't wait to see it after the trip to Blaine's Wade.
Originally Posted by Willy36 View Post
icequeen's got something sticky in her hair from some dude named zach
The27Jeenyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2010, 08:28 PM   #360
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Hope you're getting ready for Blaine...And tell Gerald I still haven't gotten my tailgate bolts!!!! I've been waiting for those damn things for a few months!

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.