SuperWade2's TJ Build Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > SuperWade2's TJ Build Thread

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-22-2010, 05:43 PM   #16
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Finally got my Savvy Corner Armor ordered from Gerald this week. Should show up Monday, hope to get em installed before my Snow trip on Presidents day weekend.

I took the my Hanson Tire Carrier Off today ... 47lbs for just the frame... bumper has to be another 50-60 or so by itself I'd guess... No word from Gerald/MrBlaine on what their Rear is going to weigh, but I'd guess WAY WAY LESS

I can't wait see/get the Savvy Rear. I think I'm going to run without my spare until Savvy does the Tire Carrier (I'll get the Savvy bumper as soon as they are in production and they will sell me one). I didn't want to drill more holes in the corner armor than necessary (at least not 2 big ones that I won't be using very long to mount that old carrier!)

I had to jerryrig the License plate mount as I threw away the old plastic holder (if anyone has an extra laying around I'd be interested) and had been mounting it on the spare with a LED mount thing.

Here is how it looks waiting for some corners.

2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 07:38 PM   #17
338WinMag
2001 WJ 

what kinda headlight did you use to convert those stock one ?
338WinMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 07:51 PM   #18
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338WinMag View Post
what kinda headlight did you use to convert those stock one ?
These are the Round Eyes Replacement Headlights... They were better than stock, but only some... I could probably try a different H4 Bulb (but don't have a CLUE what I would/should try), and they are RIDICULOUSLY out of alignment (cause I don't really have a long flat spot to do the aiming thing on).

7" Round Jeep® Conversion Headlamps - Jeep® Headlamps by Roundeyes™ Inc.
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 01-25-2010, 06:09 PM   #19
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Savvy Corner Armor

Got a present for myself today...my Savvy Corner Armor is here... won't get em installed tonight, but couldn't help dry fitting.

2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 01-29-2010, 11:03 AM   #20
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Finished my Savvy Full Corner Install last night. I reused my stock flares (with a fresh coat of Krylon Fusion) for now and may switch if something Bolt On were to hit the market eventually. I also want to get a set of the Tub Rails from Savvy once they are in full production with them. I may also someday pony up the $$$ for a set of their tail lights just so everything matches.

I plan on running like this (without a Spare) until I can get a Savvy Rear Bumper and eventually whatever swing out carrier that Blaine develops whenever that happens.

I don't drive at night much, so not real worried about getting pulled over for the lack of license plate light.

No big issues with the install...a couple of the OEM Torx bolts holding the Tailgate hinge stripped so had to drill the heads off with 5/16" Drill Bit and the rest of the bolt out with vice-grips. One of my Nuterts (that was probably an optional one anyhow) got a little off-center so I had to do tweaking to get a nut on the back of the bolt. Stripped a couple Bolt heads and missing 1, so will replace those once I get to Fastenal or somewhere that sells these stainless bolts.

2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 01-29-2010, 12:05 PM   #21
BeepTheJeep

great looking jeep! congrats for your great find!
BeepTheJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2010, 04:21 PM   #22
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Looking good!
Unread 02-04-2010, 10:48 PM   #23
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I love the savvy diet. I can't believe I haven't seen this thread yet. I am pretty sure that bumpre is going to be about 17lbs (even though Gerald thinks it is higher). You should lose a bit of weight with the TT too. Apparently the UCF skid weighs less than the factory skid.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2010, 10:50 PM   #24
Mark4883
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Damn this is a sweet Jeep!
Mark4883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2010, 10:54 PM   #25
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
I love the savvy diet. I can't believe I haven't seen this thread yet. I am pretty sure that bumpre is going to be about 17lbs (even though Gerald thinks it is higher). You should lose a bit of weight with the TT too. Apparently the UCF skid weighs less than the factory skid.
Thanks... unfortunately I think that I'm 'locked in' to my Rubicon Express Long Arm Belly Pan. The Arm mounts are kind of integrated into the side frame mounts and then the bellypan mounts in the middle. So unless I change lifts (which I don't think I'm going to have the $$$ for any time soon, and I'm not unhappy for the most part with my RE Lift) or do some custom Mounts, I don't think I'll be able to get the Savvy TT/Engine Skids any time soon.

I did add the Savvy corner armor @ 13 lb or whatever per side, where I didn't have any before, so I guess I could subtract that from my weight loss, but it's splitting hairs.

Wade
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 02-04-2010, 10:57 PM   #26
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, but I would look at it as a preventative procedure. That is like packing a little bit of weight from muscle. It is better to be small and strong than have big muscles, but weak (like those muscle heads. A smaller guy can lift as much, thier muscle is just better utilized).

Rear bumper will do a lot to save weight. I actually hope to see a savvy rear tail gate.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 07:08 AM   #27
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

All those mods and still on 33's. Step it up to 35's bigman. 33's look small to me nowadays.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 09:08 AM   #28
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
All those mods and still on 33's. Step it up to 35's bigman. 33's look small to me nowadays.
I know, I know... it's been near the top of my list for a good while now...every time I go drop another couple $'s on a new Savvy thing, it seems like something at the house blows up (I've replaced Water Heater, Water Softener, Pipe Burst above Living room and new sliding glass door in the past year or so), it just pushes the tires out a little further.

I was hoping to get some $$$ back on taxes this year to spend on tires, but I guess the Gov't decided they needed my money more than I needed new tires (even though I made 15% less than last year), but that's a different discussion for the political forum I guess.

Sw2
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 02-05-2010, 01:30 PM   #29
ChitwnGrnJP
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I love your rig...I have an '04 in the same color. The combo of the Savvy corners, the Viking top, and the Litedots are awesome. I've been seriously considering the Savvy front bumper too. ha, in fact most of the parts you have are on my list of wants!

Any idea of when you're going to sell that Hanson tire carrier? I'm in the market for a tire carrier. Shipping would suck though...
Unread 02-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #30
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitwnGrnJP View Post
I love your rig...I have an '04 in the same color. The combo of the Savvy corners, the Viking top, and the Litedots are awesome. I've been seriously considering the Savvy front bumper too. ha, in fact most of the parts you have are on my list of wants!

Any idea of when you're going to sell that Hanson tire carrier? I'm in the market for a tire carrier. Shipping would suck though...
Thanks Much!

I'm selling the Hanson Rear as soon as Gerald and Blaine @ Savvy will sell me one of theirs. I have a local buyer from my club already, so unless he backs out, it's "spoken for". And I'm guessing your right, shipping would be $$$$.

Wade
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.