Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

SuperWade2's TJ Build Thread

170K views 1K replies 98 participants last post by  SuperWade2 
#1 · (Edited)
I've never started one of these build threads for my TJ but have some other threads in the Tech section that I might Link to or reference

Here is one of the only "before" pics I can find...

I'll start with a list, my last couple of years and what plans are next...I'll add pics later where I have em...comments, questions and criticisms welcome...

Pre 2007 (mostly 2003-2007 after I found JeepForum)
Rubicon Express 2" Budget Boost - (Removed, but installed pair of Spacers on front of my MJ)
31" BFGoodrich AT's - (Sold when I upgraded to 33" MTZ's)
AtoZ Fab Rocker Skids- (Removed/SOLD, replaced with Alum/Savvy Stainless Steel Rockers/Sliders)
Hanson 60" Front Bumper - (Removed/SOLD, replaced with Savvy Front Bumper)
Teraflex Quick Disconnects - (Removed, Installed on my MJ)
Kilby Gas Tank Skid - (Removed/SOLD, Replaced with Savvy GTS)
Kilby Steering Box Skid- (Removed/SOLD, Replaced with Savvy Steering Skid)
Warn Diff Skids Front - (Removed/SOLD, Replaced with Solid Diff Covers)
Jeep Medic Engine Skid - (Still installed)
1" Performance Accessories Body Lift - (Removed Replaced with Savvy Body Lift))
M.O.R.E Motor Mount Lift - (Removed Replaced with Savvy MML)
K&N FIPK II - Air Intake - (Still installed):brickwall
Airaid Throttle Body Spacer - (Still installed):brickwall
Tuffy Glove Box/Console Insert - (Still installed)

2007 (the first BIG Year of Upgrades)
Hanson Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier (Sold, not yet replaced, don't carry spare)
33x12.5-15" Mickey Thompson MTZ's (Sold when I upgraded to 35" MTR/Kevlar)
Rock Hard Sport Cage (Removed and Sold, not yet replaced)
Solid Axle HD D44 Axle Swap with ARB (4.56)
AlloyUSA Grande 30 Kit with ARB (4.56) (Removed/SOLD, replaced with Currie RJ D44)
Rubicon Express 4.5" Tri-Link Long Arm
Teralow 4:1 / 2 Low
Tom Woods CV Driveshaft / Teraflex HD SYE
SuperWinch EPi9.0 / Viking Synthetic Rope/Thimble

sPOD/The Source
Currie HD Steering
Transmission Cooler/Deep Trans Pan
ORO Swaloc
Vanco Big Brakes
Novak SK2X T-Case Shifter (Replaced with Novak Cable Shifter)

12Volt Guy In Cab Winch Switch
ORO LiteDot's / LitePlate (Removed, Installed Savvy LED Tail Lights)
Currie Explorer Rear Disc Brakes
Front HPD30 Swap
Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid
Viking Fastback Soft top (Sailcloth)
Savvy Front Bumper

Savvy TJ Full Corner Aluminum Armor

10# Ultimate Air Co2 Tank
Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 35x12.5-15
Rancho 9000XL Adjustable Shocks
Currie CE-9120TJJ Front Track Bar
MrBlaine Custom Driver Side Tie Rod Flip
Currie CE-9102 Upper Johnny Joints
Savvy Rock Stainless Steel Sliders
Savvy Off Road LED Tail Lights
Rear Shock Outboard (PolyPerf Kit with Rancho 9000XL, Currie Rear Bumpstops)
Savvy Rear Bumper
Savvy Wrecking Ball Tub Rails
Savvy Ultimate Tie Rod
Skinny Pedal EOM LED Rock Lights

48mm Calipers and Black Magic Pads for Vanco Kit
XRF Ball Joints (Died quickly and replaced with Synergy Ball Joints)
Savvy MML
Lightforce Striker 170 Fog lamps
Savvy Winch Hoop
RocDog Fab Hawse Fairlead License Plate Mount (Removed, replace with TRE License Plate Mount)

Savvy T-6061 Aluminum Trail Doors
Mac's Custom Tiedown VersaTie tracks 2' length
Synergy Suspension Ball Joints
Bed Tred Interior Kit

Barnett Front D30 Diff Cover
Poly Performance Grab Handles
Savvy Front Bumper "Hardcore Upgrade"
Savvy Steering Box Skid

Tactical Recovery Equipment Safety Thimble Fairlead
Tactical Recovery Equipment License Plate Mount

Next Planned Mod's (*in no particular order, when $$$ avail and Subject to change)
Savvy Tire Carrier (If they ever release one)
Maybe figure out a new front axle option for D30's
Tube Fenders/Flares
PSC Hydroassist Steering
Vanco Hydroboost
<new add="">Beadlock Rims (Undecided, but thinking Walker Evans or Racelines maybe)

</new>

See less See more
#694 ·
I could get used to that look... I'm not sure if I'd keep the KM2's that are on the rims now or spend the $ to move my Kevlars over (depending on which had more/better tread!)

I think it would look awesome with the black version of those Wade.
I was thinking the all Aluminum (instead of Black Rings) would look better, but if the price is right I will do whatever makes sense.

And maybe some front tube fenders from tnt or rokmen. When ya gettin new suspension???
If I end up getting these rims, that might be it for a while... Fenders are still probably #3 or 4 on the Priority list behind Better Steering (Hydro Assist on my Currie), Poly Cage, Tire Carrier. That is of course unless I really wreck my stock fenders in Johnson Valley in a couple weeks.

Suspension and Under Armor probably comes after all that stuff, unless I find someone willing to throw me a bag of cash for my 4.5" RE TriLink Long Arm on an offer I can't refuse!

I'm thinking another year or two depending on my financial stability and situations between now and then. If I quit my job like I'd really like too, all of those things (and maybe my Jeep ownership) is in Question/Jeopardy.

#695 ·
I was thinking the all Aluminum (instead of Black Rings) would look better, but if the price is right I will do whatever makes sense.

Yeah, you are right. The silver would look better with all of your aluminum upgrades. I just know how good that green looks on black rims but those are solid green jeeps I was thinking. Those al racelines looks good on a minivan man they are bad arse

#696 ·
Yeah, you are right. The silver would look better with all of your aluminum upgrades. I just know how good that green looks on black rims but those are solid green jeeps I was thinking. Those al racelines looks good on a minivan man they are bad arse
Would be easy enough to swap out the rings I suppose.

#698 ·
After getting the "How To, Especially For Dummies Refresher Course" on how to set Nutserts without a tool the other night (Thanks Blaine :thumbsup:), I was able to get the back 5 Nutserts set and the Mac's Versatie Track Mounted at the back of the tub! Now I just have to do the front one... will work on that tomorrow!

(Please Ignore the Black Gorilla Tape covering the 2 holes that I screwed up first!)

#703 ·
Borrowed a Bestop Cargo Rack from a friend to see how it might work inside my rig...

This is just about everything I'd take with me on a run (with Basecamp) as far as tools, recovery gear, spare and fluids. About the only thing missing would be a small cooler for lunch. The Action Packers up on the rack will interfere with the back window, but will more than likely remove the side and rear windows when I hit the trail. I think this will work fairly well as long as everything is strapped down well.

#708 ·
Right now, "Shotgun" has been called for that seat unless something changes between now and then. Have an old friend from Riverside (where I lived for a year in 1998-1999 and where my wife grew up) who is supposed to meet us down on the Lakebed. He is in a pretty much stock TJ rig so I told him he could ride with me.

I'm not sure who else Blaine and Gerald have tagging along (all are welcome!!!) or who might have a pass seat open.

I'll likely wheel with Blaine and Gerald (who I assume is still coming) 1 day and with my club guys another (since the two groups likely don't intersect very well due to personalities and idea's about what's OK on the trail).

Wade

#716 ·
SuperWade2 said:
Thank you.. I think... :highfive::rofl:

I have everything locked and loaded for a 6AM Departure tomorrow, 8ish hour drive to Johnson Valley, 2 Days of Wheeling and then home on Sunday... P.S. I know the tow rig situation is "sub-optimal", but it's all I got right now!
Hell I would tow with that if I had the option. Patiently waiting on pictures and the story from JV....

:popcorn:

#717 ·
Hendrix said:
Hell I would tow with that if I had the option. Patiently waiting on pictures and the story from JV....

:popcorn:
Will be tow rig and sleeping accommodations as well!

Will try to take lots of pics, busted camera from falling off a boulder last year... doh!

#720 ·
I'll let you know when I get back from this trip... so far haven't driven much with them on (not at all on the trail). Expecting some rain, so have to take the Hard Doors for the trip down, but likely will swap the half doors when I get there!

So far, the fit and finish (not to mention the light weight) are amazing!

#721 ·
I need a list of the trails you've run so I don't get any repeat sniveling.

Right now I only know of Outer Limits, but the drama on that was worth the price of admission so I may just have to do that one again. :rofl:

#726 ·
Wade, it ay not make too much sense for the Hammers unless you make it real skinny, but here's a headache rack I ade for my trips in the Sierras. I welded in some round tube and it's only four bolts to unbolt it.

I also punctured the safari top so it bolts through.

#727 ·
Home... Had a good time, weather was kind of a *****, but wheeled some with Blaine and Kat and Dan (Dcope here on JF) and some with my club guys.

I'll post more pics and commentary over the next couple of days, but I have a lot that look like this...(probably enough to fill an album of "Why Long Arms are not optimail for Johnson Valley wheeling!)

#730 ·
I doubt it...there are probably millions of rocks down there that do that exact same thing to Long Arms...

I thought it would be funny to recreate that pic with me looking down and shaking my fist like he is... I didn't...

LOL....

You've gotta be getting tired of those things.
Why yes, yes, I am... but so far only a problem at Johnson Valley, so I will someday replace them, but I'm more tired of my steering honestly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.