SuperWade2's TJ Build Thread - Page 59 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #871 of 1132 Old 11-17-2012, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well, other than 1 stripped nutsert on the passenger side (that I'd need to remove everything to replace, so it's going to wait), and needing to get some new bolts for the bottom of the new sliders (since the new ones don't have the same beveled recess for the Flat Head Machine Screws as the originals), and then a little finesse to get the lower holes to line up.

EDIT* Quick Trick to hardware store for 5/16-18 1" Bolts to hold the bottom in and a little finesse and all bolts tight and happy!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 1132 Old 11-18-2012, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

I decided that after almost 14 years of ownership (as of next Feb) of this Jeep that it was time that the original interior carpet was put out of it's misery. It was getting pretty gnarly in some areas... A bit of mold from the wet/dry, lots of dry brittle edges and overall just not that great any more. I decided to try the BedRug BedTred Jeep Kit... I didn't want the mess of Spray In Bed Liner and not sure if I will want this forever, so it's easily removed. I just ordered, so will probably be a week or so before it shows up. I'll update with more pics when I get it and start the install

http://www.bedrug.com/products/jeep-...jeep-kits.html

Since I had some downtime, I decided to pull the original carpet. and start with some cleanup. Lots of small holes to touchup paint and then cover and a small bit of surface rust under the floor mats that I wanted to take care of before recovering.

post #873 of 1132 Old 11-18-2012, 12:02 PM
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

nice, when I get some time I may do a raptor lining then just put the carpet right back on top. My tub it getting pretty scratched up

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ

Tarantula_TJ Build
post #874 of 1132 Old 11-18-2012, 12:03 PM
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

That looks really nice, I hope yours looks as smooth as there install.

:Popcorn:
post #875 of 1132 Old 11-18-2012, 02:11 PM
contdevelop
2003 TJ Wrangler 

subscribed
post #876 of 1132 Old 11-18-2012, 07:28 PM
bobthetj03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I plan to get the Bed Rug kit as well. I may Lizard Skin the tub for added sound deadening first and then the kit. Looking forward to your install.

Bob's boring build:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
post #877 of 1132 Old 11-18-2012, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
I plan to get the Bed Rug kit as well. I may Lizard Skin the tub for added sound deadening first and then the kit. Looking forward to your install.
I'm not familiar with Lizard Skin, but I can't say noise has been a huge issue for me... I'm topless 75% of the year and Softtop the rest, so noise coming from the floor is probably the least of my concerns. After seeing the bottom of the OEM carpet there is not much in the way of sound deadening or heat shield other than the small square on underside of the front carpet pieces.

I'll try to post a bunch of pics...doesn't seem to be many write-ups or pics of these kits. Not sure how new they are for the Jeep applications.

Wade
post #878 of 1132 Old 11-18-2012, 08:35 PM
bobthetj03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

They are pretty new to the jeep scene, but I installed them on truck bed applications years ago, and they were top notch quality and fit like a glove!

Bob's boring build:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
post #879 of 1132 Old 11-18-2012, 09:15 PM
goody6691
2003 TJ Wrangler 

how much is the bedrug?

o3 tj, yellow, currie 4 in,savvy arms, 1in bl, mml, ramsey 9500, synth line, 8.8, 456's, arb's. 35x12.5x17 mtrk's, 17x8.5 raceline beadlocks, aem, banks exhaust, psc rear stinger, no limits front stinger, rockmen corners, a-z cage, piaa lights, rampage softtop, anti-rock, AA shifter, UCF aluminum skid.........98 audi a4, fully built, 350 whp awd, yellow
post #880 of 1132 Old 11-18-2012, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody6691
how much is the bedrug?
About $450 for the front and rear kit.
post #881 of 1132 Old 11-20-2012, 04:34 PM
RubiconRazorbac
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2
I decided that after almost 14 years of ownership (as of next Feb) of this Jeep that it was time that the original interior carpet was put out of it's misery. It was getting pretty gnarly in some areas... A bit of mold from the wet/dry, lots of dry brittle edges and overall just not that great any more. I decided to try the BedRug BedTred Jeep Kit... I didn't want the mess of Spray In Bed Liner and not sure if I will want this forever, so it's easily removed. I just ordered, so will probably be a week or so before it shows up. I'll update with more pics when I get it and start the install

http://www.bedrug.com/products/jeep-...jeep-kits.html

Since I had some downtime, I decided to pull the original carpet. and start with some cleanup. Lots of small holes to touchup paint and then cover and a small bit of surface rust under the floor mats that I wanted to take care of before recovering.
That looks really nice! It'll look great in your Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Your shaft isn't long enough to handle that kind of droop...
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
post #882 of 1132 Old 11-24-2012, 06:10 AM
BrianAK47
2005 TJ Wrangler 

This is my favorite build thread so far; I've read it from the beginning. You have fully convinced me to stay away from long arm kits on any of my future mods. I will definitely be looking into the Savvy/Currie stuff after I get new axle assemblies.
post #883 of 1132 Old 11-24-2012, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAK47 View Post
This is my favorite build thread so far; I've read it from the beginning. You have fully convinced me to stay away from long arm kits on any of my future mods. I will definitely be looking into the Savvy/Currie stuff after I get new axle assemblies.
Well, getting people to NOT buy Long Arms isn't really my intention, but more of the fact that they don't well for me, even though I have pissed and moaned a lot about them!

As a newb, I believed the "hype" that I HAD to go Long Arms because they were so much better on the road than short arms. I no longer subscribe to that, and have proved over and over that where I want to go play (big rocks), that they are most certainly not the best option off-road, for me! If you wheel in places that are more tame, then long arms probably will work fine all day every day.

I hope to remedy the Long Arm vs Short Arm situation next year if finances allow.
post #884 of 1132 Old 11-24-2012, 11:16 AM
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2 View Post
Well, getting people to NOT buy Long Arms isn't really my intention, but more of the fact that they don't well for me, even though I have pissed and moaned a lot about them!

As a newb, I believed the "hype" that I HAD to go Long Arms because they were so much better on the road than short arms. I no longer subscribe to that, and have proved over and over that where I want to go play (big rocks), that they are most certainly not the best option off-road, for me! If you wheel in places that are more tame, then long arms probably will work fine all day every day.

I hope to remedy the Long Arm vs Short Arm situation next year if finances allow.
Learn to weld, use the 4 link calculator, build a midarm suspension. It isn't rocket science and doesn't cost the world. You can built a pretty darn good suspension for less than what a decent short arm suspension costs.
Some brackets, JJ's or heims and some thickwalled DOM and ingenuity and it's all better

My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
post #885 of 1132 Old 11-24-2012, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Learn to weld, use the 4 link calculator, build a midarm suspension. It isn't rocket science and doesn't cost the world. You can built a pretty darn good suspension for less than what a decent short arm suspension costs.
Some brackets, JJ's or heims and some thickwalled DOM and ingenuity and it's all better
I'm hoping that Blaine will eventually build me one and install, that way I know it's RIGHT!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.