SUPER SLOW 2004 LJ Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > SUPER SLOW 2004 LJ Thread

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 01-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
StylezZ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

SUPER SLOW 2004 LJ Thread

Hey guys... So I'm like BRAND NEW to Jeeps. I just knew that I want one and my parents were lucky enough to pitch in half. Still in highschool so I don't make a ton of money and am trying to save some for college. Thats why this will be a slow build thread. My ideas on what I want to do are always changing and input on things you've had experience with like brands with certain parts would be appreciated. My entire jeep is stock. I have 31' all terrains which are staying on for a while. And an upgraded stereo. The only other "upgrade" I have so far is a full set of rugged ridge floor mats since i threw out my front carpets. They were just a nuisance. First things I want to do are buy a new rear bumper, don't know which kind yet. As well as a front bumper. (don't know what kind either). Then I plan on doing a tummy tuck as to get more clearance. From there I don't really know where to go... uhm i will be replacing my soft top as the one the dealership sold me with the jeep was actually broken I'm open to suggestions on that. And I definitely do want metal cloaks fenders. At this point I'm pretty much a fly on a terd and may change my mind on anything. That's why your guys input is so appreciated. Just uploading a couple of pics so you can see how stock it isSo... comment, like, subscribe, whatever! Can't wait to really get this thing going.

img_0381-1-.jpg   img_0383-1-.jpg   img_0384-1-.jpg   img_0352-1-.jpg   img_0355-1-.jpg  

StylezZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
MrSmiley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hey, look its my house
MrSmiley is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
TreDildy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good man! I see youre already having fun with it!

I see youre wanting to do a LCOG type of build with yours! with the metal cloaks youll be able to fit up to 35's on stock suspension which is nice! Looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

Im 16 and building a 2004 Jeep TJ so I know how you feel about the money!
()_) ()_)-O-)_)
TreDildy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 10:51 PM   #4
CZDiesel
2006 LJ Wrangler 

First, congrats on owning the best Jeep ever built, LJ that is
Second, have fun with your Jeep and be sure to make it how you want and not others.... But do listen to those who have learned from experience.
Third, and just a personal opinion... But NO to the Metal Cloaks! They F'up the lines and do no look good! If you want Hi Lines then run a ROKMEN like in Janesy's build thread or a pre made like Poison Spyder's DeFender.... JMO
Anyway, good luck and I'll follow the build!
CZDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 02:28 PM   #5
Ranger94
2003 WJ 

About time dude. Subd
Unread 02-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #6
MrSmiley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZDiesel View Post
NO to the Metal Cloaks! They F'up the lines and do no look good! If you want Hi Lines then run a ROKMEN like in Janesy's build thread or a pre made like Poison Spyder's DeFender.... JMO
High lines only look good if done right. If you are running huge tires under them they look stupid. But that's just me, also with the MC's it adds some flare (pun intended ;p) to the front end.
Unread 02-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #7
StylezZ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZDiesel View Post
First, congrats on owning the best Jeep ever built, LJ that is
Second, have fun with your Jeep and be sure to make it how you want and not others.... But do listen to those who have learned from experience.
Third, and just a personal opinion... But NO to the Metal Cloaks! They F'up the lines and do no look good! If you want Hi Lines then run a ROKMEN like in Janesy's build thread or a pre made like Poison Spyder's DeFender.... JMO
I don't know man. Know a guy with metalcloaks and they look beaut. I just really like em. And contrary to most people i'm not a big fan of tube highliners either.
Unread 02-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #8
Ranger94
2003 WJ 

image-219821071.jpg

image-555962525.jpg

image-2552011965.jpg

image-3879802446.jpg

image-3360896567.jpg
Unread 03-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #9
StylezZ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Small update guys. Just bought new door straps since the old ones broke. Only $7 and got my first trail damage! :,( ordering some grab handles soon as well as a rear bumper!
image-1522069172.jpg  
Unread 03-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #10
Ranger94
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylezZ
Small update guys. Just bought new door straps since the old ones broke. Only $7 and got my first trail damage! :,( ordering some grab handles soon as well as a rear bumper!
"Trail damage" my *** haha
Unread 03-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #11
StylezZ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger94

"Trail damage" my *** haha
Tyler that wasn't from the accident at all lol... That was from a tree ask Brandon haha.
Unread 03-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #12
Ranger94
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylezZ

Tyler that wasn't from the accident at all lol... That was from a tree ask Brandon haha.
Oh ok well good job then your wheeling it the way your supposed to! I am curious how you ran into a tree hard enough backwards to do that though haha
Unread 03-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #13
MrSmiley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Oh ok well good job then your wheeling it the way your supposed to! I am curious how you ran into a tree hard enough backwards to do that though haha
Cuz there is nothing to stop stop the tree form nailing the tub.
Unread 03-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #14
Ranger94
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmiley

Cuz there is nothing to stop stop the tree form nailing the tub.
I meant why did he run into a tree in the first place haha
Unread 03-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #15
MrSmiley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I meant why did he run into a tree in the first place haha
cuz we were all talking xD **** happens when you dont pay attention.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.