Super Duper Pete's White Russian Buildathon - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Super Duper Pete's White Russian Buildathon

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiBushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 03-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #76
Apostle
2013 JK Wrangler 

upgrade shocks for added length of the lift received with these. if he is netting two inches then want the shocks to be comparable. not sure how much of a lift you can get by with, with stock shocks.

[CENTER]You'll get over it[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire[/SIZE]
Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #77
ncb

The shocks probably can't be much longer than stock length because the stock and TF coils are the same length. With longer shocks the coils might become unseated. When you increase ride height and use stock shocks you're giving up extension and increasing the compression length. Chances are your front shocks don't have much extension left with the new coils. I'm not saying your set up isn't good or won't work. With the flat fenders you have plenty of room for 37s. You'll need to install a complete kit in the future if you want to upgrade.
ncb is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #78
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

In the near future I do plan on upgrading to the TF 9550 shocks. When i dropped the axle for the coil installation I was surprised at how little the stock shocks actually extend. As for the lift height.. it suits me right down to the ground and i won't be going any higher. Though other suspension components will be upgraded with leisure.
Unread 03-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #79
mms1946
2007 JK Wrangler 

Jeep looks good. Is it that bad with 4.10s and 35s? I'm in EC as well.
mms1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #80
SlvrJK08
2008 JK Wrangler 

Looks great dude, huge fan of lcog builds as I myself have gone the lcog route with my rig.
Unread 03-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #81
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mms1946 View Post
Jeep looks good. Is it that bad with 4.10s and 35s? I'm in EC as well.
Thanks man. We should plan a wheeling trip if you're up for it. 35's and 4.10's are.. ah.... drivable. It was really bad when I drove it for the first time. I was certain that regearing was my next mod until I became used to it. The main difference is that 6'th gear is no longer useful. Yeah it's underpowered on the black top.. So what's new? I decided to hold off to regear until I install the 37's.
Unread 03-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #82
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrJK08 View Post
Looks great dude, huge fan of lcog builds as I myself have gone the lcog route with my rig.
Thanks. I thought it would be beneficial and exciting to do something different. But who knows. Someday I might pull the gloves off and install a TF 3 inch. But so far, I couldn't be happier
Unread 03-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #83
cwboggs1

In case you were wondering what 37's look like with no lift...

cwboggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #84
awinski
i like turtles

2012 JK Wrangler 

Sex ^
awinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #85
4DFUN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Any new updates?
4DFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #86
ZIMM18
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwboggs1 View Post
In case you were wondering what 37's look like with no lift...

Did you re-gear?
Unread 06-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #87
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Trying to fix a mistake. I think...

So after I realized that I hit a dead end by purchasing 15 in wheels, I have come to a decision. I will have to sell my newly bought wheels and tires and new tires (37 in M/T's) will be mounted on my original Moabs though this purchase will be put in the back burner until I can afford to do tires and gears at the same time or so. Luckily my set of tires has only been up for a day and already has a few bites.

Well it was a knee jerk purchase in the first place. I better be more careful, I may never get a second chance again. I have yet to decide where to put the cash I'm about to get back.

I'm definitely going to use it to powder coat my fenders. This Duplicolor Spray on crap won't last a week on the bottom of the fender. Then I will need a winch. Well this build has come to a complete halt.

I've also been thinking about doing the homebrew cowl snorkel mod that is in the popular threads section of the FAQ.
Unread 06-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #88
Butterjeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

If you're going to run the stock wheels again will you be running spacers? If so which ones?
Unread 06-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #89
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Spidertrax just released their "thick" versions at 1 3/4". I had my spacers custom machined at 2" thick so I could get 4" of back space

Sent by Paper Planes

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #90
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Yeah I was planning on either SpiderTrax or Alloy USA. I hear that they are pretty close matched when it comes to ingenuity and reliability and the main decision between em is color desired. I'm not worried about colors really so I might just go with SpiderTrax since it seems so many more members run these and swear by them.

Thanks for the info Spyder6. Since I want to run 37's will 1 3/4 work or will I need mine to be custom at 2"? And congrats for landing the Moderator gig.

I was looking at the Jeep J8's bumpers and I think I might want to go that route. It would be easy with C Channel and D ring mounts. It would mount over the existing metal piece under the plastic bumper. I already have a universal winch channel so I just need to find a way to fab a bit so I can add a winch. I also want it to retain the fogs. It will maintain a rugged military look. It will also be very budget friendly. Thinking about doing the same for the rear bumper. Just fab up some C Channel with d-ring mounts. Then again, i will need it to have a tire carrier big and sturdy enough for 37's.

Front will be something like this with provisions for a winch and possibly the factory fogs. I might just ditch the fogs and mount auxiliary lights that are controlled by the fog switch. Don't know yet.
http://www.jgms.com/resource/medium/...11cb46b176.JPG

The rear will be something like this but instead of a tow pintle I would try to retain the factory tow hitch since I do need it for my trailer, bike carrier, boat trailer and any other hobby I so choose for the week, haha.
http://www.jgms.com/resource/medium/...a13f7ac65a.jpg

Wha-da-ya think?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.