Super Duper Pete's White Russian Buildathon - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Super Duper Pete's White Russian Buildathon

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #61
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAMISON_ View Post
looks great!!!
Thanks man, I can't wait to see how it looks after my lift.

And yes now I'm calling it a lift because the instruction manual for the Teraflex Performance Leveling kit actually calls it "1.5 inch lift kit". Still I'm very content with the course of my build.

Unread 03-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #62
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

thats weird, what brand are they usually its like 34.5 or so. measure side to side maybe they are a little deflated?
awinski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #63
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

They're the Falken Rocky Mountain ATS (Wild Peak). Yeah side to side they measured 33.5. I'm running them at 30 PSI currently. I even measured my spare. Anyone else experience this problem with this brand? I feel like I should contact them... Really... I'm kinda pissed.
Unread 03-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #64
KYgreenYJ
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverhide34 View Post
They're the Falken Rocky Mountain ATS (Wild Peak). Yeah side to side they measured 33.5. I'm running them at 30 PSI currently. I even measured my spare. Anyone else experience this problem with this brand? I feel like I should contact them... Really... I'm kinda pissed.

Try measuring the circumference of the spare with at tape, then work backwards to get the diameter. This way your accounting for the tire being out of round for any reason.

Your speedometer is measuring the number of rotations of the tire, so its not so much the diameter of the tire thats important, but the circumference (distance traveled per rotation).

Old Jeep, SOLD:
94 Green YJ SE 4.0L 5spd
3.5" BDS lift, 1"MML/BL, Revolvers, SYE/CV, no track bars or sway bars, MORE sport cage
Green Jeep Club Member #20
KYgreenYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #65
acedude4
2008 JK Wrangler 

Didn't have that issue with my KM2's...that sucks. I'm trying to think about how their logic would have worked in their sizes but I can't think of any. I'm sure someone with those tires will post shortly
2008 JK, 45k miles, XHD Bumper, Rugged Ridge 8500 Lb Winch with Synthetic line, 3.73 gear ratio, OR-Fab Tire Carrier, Leveling, 2 inch lift, 35" KM2 on 15" steelies, Cobra CB, KC Rear/windshield/fog lights, spod controller, other fun mods too?
acedude4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #66
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Turns out my tape measure starts at 1 (yeah weird) so my tires are a true 34.5 inches. I breathed a sigh of relief after I realized that.

Alright so I was finally able to install my Teraflex Performance Leveling kit and my thoughts to follow:

Upon opening the box and marveling and my purchase, I noticed the that the finish on the sway bar links and been degraded and began to rust. One was worse than the other. This is the worse one:

Not a big deal. I used Krylon Rust Treatment in flat black.. Problem solved. Still, I bought this product brand new so I expected it to be flawless. The installation went smoothly. Here are a few pics of the front and rear coils for comparison. Notice that they don't seem much longer, but the TF coils are more dense.

Front coils. Stock Left, TF Right.

Rear Coils. Stock Left, TF Right

The ride quality has taken a turn for the best. It seems like I can handle bumps on the road much better and It seems much smoother of a ride. I forgot to measure before I lifted so I'm kicking myself for it because I wanted to know exactly how much I netted.

Here are a few pics after I punched out today:

Here are a few flex shots that I took on a pile of gravel.

I have about .5 to 1 inch left until I hit the bumpstop at full flex. With 35's I still have about 3 inches left between the tire and fender with stock bumpstops. I love MetalCloak!

I feel like I finally have a respectable rig. No longer the stocker in town! I love turning heads.
Unread 03-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #67
JJAMISON_
2008 JK Wrangler 

nice! looks good!
Unread 03-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #68
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good except when you back into a tree, street sign, or truck and your rear end gets dented cause you didnt get full coverage armor lol.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #69
DrHolliday

2011 JK Wrangler 

Looks great man, you should have gone with 37's, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Looks good except when you back into a tree, street sign, or truck and your rear end gets dented cause you didnt get full coverage armor lol.
I prefer to look where I back my Jeep up to.

My build thread
DrHolliday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2012, 05:00 AM   #70
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

I was seriously about to swipe the card on MTR/K's in 37. Then I began to think of the money that I had to drop just to use them..

Rear bumper and tire carrier and gears. And if I got the rear bumper, then that would lead to a front bumper. And then i would need to sell my house and possible my toddler. So i held off. I'm thinking by next year I will be all set up. What I have now is not the end result of my compulsive mod disease.

There are actually a lot of people who don't have a smashed rear end and don't run wrap around armor. I don't plan on backing without using my rear views. But thanks for the heads up... I guess...
Unread 03-16-2012, 06:33 AM   #71
sixty5vdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverhide34 View Post
I was seriously about to swipe the card on MTR/K's in 37. Then I began to think of the money that I had to drop just to use them..

Rear bumper and tire carrier and gears. And if I got the rear bumper, then that would lead to a front bumper. And then i would need to sell my house and possible my toddler. So i held off. I'm thinking by next year I will be all set up. What I have now is not the end result of my compulsive mod disease.
There are actually a lot of people who don't have a smashed rear end and don't run wrap around armor. I don't plan on backing without using my rear views. But thanks for the heads up... I guess...
Meh, sell the toddler and get some mod money. You can always get another kid.........
Just kidding.

JK looks good. I like the stance. I am running a little less than 3" of lift, with 35's. Gets me pretty much anywhere I want to go on the trails.

sixty5vdub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2012, 07:25 AM   #72
Apostle
2013 JK Wrangler 

Did you notice a net in height with the stiffer springs?

also, what kit is it?

[CENTER]You'll get over it[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire[/SIZE]
Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #73
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Yeah I doubt that i will have trouble on the trail with my set up. However, it's far from ready. I still need to install the C gussets and install more skid plates. Also I need to buy a winch. I know how I want to mount it on my stock bumper. Oh yeah almost forgot, I also want to sleeve the axles prior to upgrading to 37's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
Did you notice a net in height with the stiffer springs?

also, what kit is it?
There is definitely a net in height. I wish I would have measured. Before the lift I used to be able to just slide in to the drivers seat. Now I need to pull myself up and I'm 5'10". So at least a true 1.5in to 2 inches.

The kit is Teraflex Performance Leveling Kit. It's a coil spring leveling kit as opposed to a coil spring spacer leveling kit. It's considerably more expensive but i do not regret it. It's exactly what i was looking for.
Unread 03-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #74
Apostle
2013 JK Wrangler 

plan is to run 35's with flats, no lift. but once i start adding weight i know the stock crap is doing to droop. want same height, without using spacers. think with these you will ahve to upgrade shocks, or did it come with some?

[CENTER]You'll get over it[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire[/SIZE]
Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #75
JJAMISON_
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle View Post
plan is to run 35's with flats, no lift. but once i start adding weight i know the stock crap is doing to droop. want same height, without using spacers. think with these you will ahve to upgrade shocks, or did it come with some?
Why upgrade the shocks? Shocks don't. Hold or support the vehicle. Although I do agree to change them when needed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.