Super Duper Pete's White Russian Buildathon - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Super Duper Pete's White Russian Buildathon

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 02-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #46
cwboggs1

Looks great! I'll let you know how 37" Toyos look as soon as my MC fenders get here.

cwboggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #47
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwboggs1 View Post
Looks great! I'll let you know how 37" Toyos look as soon as my MC fenders get here.
Awesome. Be sure to post pictures. 37's might be my next set of tires.
Unread 02-28-2012, 04:51 AM   #48
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

So i drove my rig last night for a while and soon realized that my Jeep was struggling to... Well... Do anything since I have 4.10 and running 35's.

Regear is eminent and I wanted to know what was the general consensus on what ratio to run. Will 5.13 be too much? I was thinking 4.88 but that might be a little too modest and i don't want to feel like I wasted all that money.

Any thoughts?
Unread 02-28-2012, 06:02 AM   #49
MrSmiley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverhide34
So i drove my rig last night for a while and soon realized that my Jeep was struggling to... Well... Do anything since I have 4.10 and running 35's.

Regear is eminent and I wanted to know what was the general consensus on what ratio to run. Will 5.13 be too much? I was thinking 4.88 but that might be a little too modest and i don't want to feel like I wasted all that money.

Any thoughts?
Go 5.13 it gives you room to grow in tire size, and will be a good match with your current tire size
MrSmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 06:53 AM   #50
sixty5vdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverhide34 View Post
So here she is... Man this thing is sexy...
Jeep is looking good!

What are your plans for belly armor? I am running around 3" of lift and 35's, and I scrape the skids on rocks all of the time. I will be going to 37's when it is time to replace them. And, I have been thinking about adding a little more lift, to help with ground clearance as well.

AMP
sixty5vdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #51
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty5vdub

Jeep is looking good!

What are your plans for belly armor? I am running around 3" of lift and 35's, and I scrape the skids on rocks all of the time. I will be going to 37's when it is time to replace them. And, I have been thinking about adding a little more lift, to help with ground clearance as well.

AMP
I was looking at the EVO full skid. But it doesn't seem very ideal if i tear into one portion and i need to pull the whole thing off to fix it.

So i was going to get individual skids for each component. I know for a fact that I'm going to be bottoming out a lot. Underbody armor is a necessity for the type of build that I'm doing.

And thanks for the gear suggestion, i'll be pulling the trigger on that when I recover from my recent purchases.
Unread 02-28-2012, 07:45 AM   #52
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHolliday
I love how your Jeep looks!

how is the tire coverage with the new tires and MC flares?
I'll take a picture of that today. Good question, I haven't really given it thought.
Unread 02-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #53
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB

2008 JK Wrangler 

Looking really good man! If you want 37's at some point, definitely go ahead with 5.13's (manual) or 5.38's (auto.) Have a look at River Raider for skids, they come in multiple pieces like you're looking for but shipping may be pricey to the left coast. I'd also take a look at Evo's rockstars and skids for your control arm brackets.

Build Thread

Need parts? Need product advice? Contact Jason at Krawl Off-Road
ArticRubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 09:01 AM   #54
DrHolliday

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticRubi
Looking really good man! If you want 37's at some point, definitely go ahead with 5.13's (manual) or 5.38's (auto.) Have a look at River Raider for skids, they come in multiple pieces like you're looking for but shipping may be pricey to the left coast. I'd also take a look at Evo's rockstars and skids for your control arm brackets.
X2 on the RR skids. Mine come in tomorrow. Shipping out here to Oregon was about $180ish for me 2 door skids and $200 for my buddies 4 door skids. We teamed up and ordered them together having them shipped together was $270 total.

So find a jeep friend who wants to get skids too, lol.

My build thread
DrHolliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #55
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the compliments. I finally feel like i have an impressive rig. I'll give River Raider a peak. I also like their snorkel kit that comes out of the cowl. I might invest there too.... I NEED TO STOP! Does it ever stop?! I feel poor and my wife misses me Lmao...
Unread 02-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #56
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB

2008 JK Wrangler 

No. It never stops. It actually only gets worse. Props on the white Jeep too, best color by far. FU Rescue Green!

Build Thread

Need parts? Need product advice? Contact Jason at Krawl Off-Road
ArticRubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #57
vincejeep1
2010 JK Wrangler 

Very nice . that's the way I want to do mine. Did you extend the bump stops?

Just here to have fun
vincejeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #58
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Currently I'm on stock bump stops. However, I'm confident that my tires will not make contact with my Fenders. I'll flex it out tomorrow and take pictures.

I'm absolutely content with the way my build is going. I'm extremely excited to install my TF performance leveling kit.
Unread 02-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #59
JJAMISON_
2008 JK Wrangler 

looks great!!!
Unread 03-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #60
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Ok... I feel like I have been swindled.

I measured my "35x12.50x15's" to program my ProCal and turns out that the actual diameter was 33.5".... WHAT THE SH** IS THAT?!

I can understand it not measuring exactly 35". But a 1.5" difference???

How am I supposed to accurately figure out what kind of gear ratio is right for my kind of driving if my next set of tires might be bigger even though just 35's?

I guess I can't go wrong with 5.13's.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.