Super Duper Pete's White Russian Buildathon - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Super Duper Pete's White Russian Buildathon

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 02-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #31
Reefrubble
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverhide34 View Post
Sure am. I have a few more cans of that duplicolor bedliner spray that I will be using for the touch ups left over. Just enough for the rear inner fenders. I dressed the pinch seam trimming with JB Weld and once I file that down I'll be coating it.

After my bumper end cap mod I will be taking a few poser pics to show off a bit. Meats come in on Monday, leveling kit and gussets on Tuesday.

About another couple of months of saving and I'll be ready to purchase the RR XHD Modular front bumper with the stubby end caps. Also, anyone know anything about the new Quadratec winch line? Seem to be pretty good for the money.
I would like to know about the Quadratec Winch line as well .

Reefrubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #32
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

So I'm at work and my wife sends me a picture of my tires which just came in. Now I can't focus!

I can't wait to throw em on. I'll post pictures as soon as I do.

I've seen a forum member mount their winch in the center of their OEM bumper. Does anyone know of a winch plate that would allow this?
Unread 02-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #33
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

can't wait to see this. can i get some pics of how the insides look? planning on installing this and metal cloaks 3.5" lift in may on a four door. the tool you were talking about, can i get a pick of that? haha sorry you can pm me pics if you don't wanna put them on here
awinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #34
DrHolliday

2011 JK Wrangler 

I bought the winch plate from Rough Country that replaces the front bumper. It can be had for $179, $249 with end caps that can hold the factory fog lights. You can get better pricing by going through vendors. I got a smoking deal from Rough Country's forum rep on a different forum.

You can add the D-ring mounts to it as well. I bought mine seperately, they are the MBRP ones.

My build thread
DrHolliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #35
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

DrHolliday I actually really like that front bumper. Actually exactly the look that I had in mind.

So here she is... Man this thing is sexy...

When my wife saw this she told me that I was full of S**T because I told her the new tires would only be slightly bigger lmao!

Glad I took 1.5 inches off the pinch seam. I would have been in deep doodoo if not.
Unread 02-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #36
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

And btw fellas... Still on stock suspension. These MetalCloaks are all that they are advertised. I'm positive that I can run 37's.

Also, I feel like I wasted money on the Synergy spare tire relocation bracket... The New spare fit just fine. I just need to invest in bumpstops so that it's better stabilized.
Unread 02-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #37
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
can't wait to see this. can i get some pics of how the insides look? planning on installing this and metal cloaks 3.5" lift in may on a four door. the tool you were talking about, can i get a pick of that? haha sorry you can pm me pics if you don't wanna put them on here
The insides of the wheel well? Nothing special there but I'll take pics tomorrow for ya. I'll PM them. I ended up not using the Professional Rivet Nut Installation Tool. Turns out you can use a 11/16 wrench and a 9/16 socket. You can actually go on their website and see the pictures for yourself on the "rivet nut installation guide" link under installation guides icon at the bottom of the homepage.

That damn rivet nut tool is 60 bucks and mandrel is 20 bucks and Mcmasters seems to be the only company that carries them. It's a bit more work using the wrench and ratchet, but a heck of a lot cheaper.

When the time comes for installation and you have questions (or need someone to calm you down) let me know and I'll help any way I can.
Unread 02-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #38
Texas Jeep
2013 JK Wrangler 

That's nice.
3.5 RK lift with 35 inch Duratrac's
1985 CJ7

Texas Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #39
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

really just wanted to see if you had to do any trimming of the rear wheel well. glad to know i didn't need that tool. don't think it should be too hard as i helped a friend install poison spiders. from what ive read metal cloaks are easier. it helps having tech classes and friends that work in a body shop. btw how far are you from dagsboro delaware? i have a house down there.
Unread 02-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #40
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
really just wanted to see if you had to do any trimming of the rear wheel well. glad to know i didn't need that tool. don't think it should be too hard as i helped a friend install poison spiders. from what ive read metal cloaks are easier. it helps having tech classes and friends that work in a body shop. btw how far are you from dagsboro delaware? i have a house down there.
Dagsboro DE is 2.5 hours away from my home. Let me know if you want to get together for a wheeling trip.

Installation was not hard. It was very annoying though. Alignment must be perfect for the rear exoskin to go on correctly.. No trimming required other than the fender support bracket at the front fenders... And even that's optional.

Oh yeah... And I was alone during my installation lol.
Unread 02-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #41
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

so basically just take it slow and don't mess anything up.
Unread 02-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #42
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Yeah that about sums it up...
Unread 02-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #43
DrHolliday

2011 JK Wrangler 

I love how your Jeep looks!

how is the tire coverage with the new tires and MC flares?

My build thread
DrHolliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #44
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good but that rear armor should wrap all the way around.
MountainMan864 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #45
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Looks good but that rear armor should wrap all the way around.
you can get armor that goes to the tail gate but you have to buy it

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.