Super Duper Pete's White Russian Buildathon - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Super Duper Pete's White Russian Buildathon

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-15-2012, 07:23 PM   #16
JJAMISON_
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverhide34 View Post
I haven't been able to get any work done today but I did finish all of the bed lining on the fenders yesterday. I will try to start the install on Sunday. I just placed an order for Rough Country's bumper end caps.

It was very affordable and will provide the functionality of a stubby bumper until I can afford an aftermarket bumper.

When I'm ready to make the purchase I will be dropping all the money at once for a front and rear bumper with tire carrier and winch.
yeah i think i may get those bumper caps too. seems like a money saver for now too. oh and check out Iceland Offroad. they have a JK stubby bumper now. be half the weight of a regular steel bumper. I believe one of the members/or mods on here runs Iceland on his WJ

Unread 02-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #17
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Alright so far, after unintentionally extending my 4 year old's vocabulary, I have fully installed the front of my MetalCloak fenders... I gotta say...

What....

A...

B**ch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would I buy them again? Absolutely.
Should I leave instal to the pros? YEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!

I do feel a bit misled. The way that they are advertised it states that minimal to no drilling required... In the past 7 hours I've had a crash course on drilling, grinding, and hacking like no other. Though a good thing because now I feel more comfortable about it and feel like I'm more proficient. I gotta say that I was not prepared to drill so many holes in my Jeep but I did it. And it is crazy sturdy. More holes to come for the rear.

Pictures follow.
imag0115.jpg   imag0120.jpg  
Unread 02-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #18
Texas Jeep
2013 JK Wrangler 

I can't wait until I can see the new tires and leveling kit installed.
3.5 RK lift with 35 inch Duratrac's
1985 CJ7

Texas Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #19
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Plans have changed in that sense. I have ordered 15x8 MB 72's in matte black mounted on 35x12.50x15 KM2's. Plans are still solid on the TF Performance leveling kit though I'm slowly allocating funds for the purchase lol.
Unread 02-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #20
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

So I wanted to finish my instal tonight but realized I got the wrong tool for the job. The rear fender exoskin instal calls for a rivet nut tool. I got a rivet tool instead. So I need to either find someone with this tool or make the purchase and drive around without rear fenders until it comes in...

Total downer.. Oh well. I guess I can finally stop nursing this long neck bottle...
Unread 02-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #21
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Alright so it's been a few days since I've posted and wanted to update and keep everyone who wanted to know up to date.

So far so good on the MetalCloak fenders. I have completely finished the front and have about a couple more hours worth of work for the rear fenders. Pictures will be up as soon as they are complete. If you're thinking about purchasing this kit or at all interested please be advised:

DO NOT INSTAL ON YOUR OWN IF:
1. You are an amateur at cutting or drilling holes that need to line up .
2. You have a short fuse.
3. You drink excessively when you become frustrated.

I recommend a buddy who is on the wagon help out or even let a shop take care of it.

Besides installation troubles, these things are sturdy and I have had many compliments on them. I do not doubt that I will be able to run 37's if I wanted to.

Things that I have just received in the mail:
Rough Country Bumper End Caps
AEV Procal

Things on the brown truck:
5 15x8 MB TKO's wrapped in 35x12.50x15 Wild Peaks
EVO C Gussets
Teraflex Performance Leveling Kit
Synergy Spare Tire Bracket

You will be hearing from me by the end of the weekend in reference to my fender instal.
Unread 02-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #22
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Had some time to spare so here are some pictures of the front fender instal.

Here I cut off the fender support brackets using a sawzall.

Night time pic but here it is installed and the ammount of clearance on stock suspension and KM's

Daytime pictures of the front and rear fenders will come by the end of the week.
Unread 02-24-2012, 12:47 AM   #23
Texas Jeep
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looking good!
3.5 RK lift with 35 inch Duratrac's
1985 CJ7

Texas Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #24
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

So I've finished my fender installation. All that needs to be done now is some touch ups on the finish. I put a few nicks in it while mounting.

I just trimmed my pinch seams about 1 1/2 inches and now working on the Rubi rails.

I'll be working on the bumper end caps tomorrow. Meats come in on Monday.

CAN'T WAIT!
Unread 02-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #25
TxJeepers
2014 JK Wrangler 

Looking good Jeeper bro!

Please take lots of good before and after with the TF Performance leveling kit. I've got it on the list and look forward to hearing about your experience with it.
TxJeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #26
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxJeepers View Post
Looking good Jeeper bro!

Please take lots of good before and after with the TF Performance leveling kit. I've got it on the list and look forward to hearing about your experience with it.

Thanks for the support. Sure thing about the before and after pics with the leveling kit. I'll throw in some before and after flex shots as well.
Unread 02-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #27
JJAMISON_
2008 JK Wrangler 

are you gonna paint all the underside body stuff?
Unread 02-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #28
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAMISON_ View Post
are you gonna paint all the underside body stuff?
Sure am. I have a few more cans of that duplicolor bedliner spray that I will be using for the touch ups left over. Just enough for the rear inner fenders. I dressed the pinch seam trimming with JB Weld and once I file that down I'll be coating it.

After my bumper end cap mod I will be taking a few poser pics to show off a bit. Meats come in on Monday, leveling kit and gussets on Tuesday.

About another couple of months of saving and I'll be ready to purchase the RR XHD Modular front bumper with the stubby end caps. Also, anyone know anything about the new Quadratec winch line? Seem to be pretty good for the money.
Unread 02-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #29
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

So far so good. As of today I have finished trimming the pinch seam and Rubi rails, stubby front bumper mod, blacken the inner fenders.

Now I'm patiently waiting on my new tires and wheels coming in tomorrow by the end of the day (according to tracking info) and my TF leveling kit, EVO Gussets come in on Tuesday.

I'll install the leveling kit some time this week with a detailed write up and pictures. I realize that this kit seems to be in many members' list.

I'm starting to fall in love with my rig all over again.
Unread 02-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #30
Reefrubble
2012 JK Wrangler 

Great write up , and super nice job on your install . Keep up the good work . keep the info , and pics coming .
Reefrubble is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.