Super Duper Pete's White Russian Buildathon - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Super Duper Pete's White Russian Buildathon

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 12-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #136
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped
Jesus Christ Heath. That was painful.
Sorry

Unread 12-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #137
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin

Unless I missed a post, he'll still have the d rings. The hooks are there because he had no mounting hardware.
I see.
Unread 12-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #138
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Well I guess I don't know ****. I applaud your knowledge Heath. You're the ****ing man.
Unread 12-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #139
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverhide34
Well I guess I don't know ****. I applaud your knowledge Heath. You're the ****ing man.
Thank you! I'm always seeking Internet approval!
Unread 12-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #140
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Seriously though, don't take things so personally. I didn't and wouldn't call someone names of personally attack anyone. It's just a little ribbing!
Unread 12-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #141
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
Being that your articulation is limited by your shock, please explain how this is possible??
A few weeks ago I created a thread about wanting to upgrade my suspension because of the fact that I couldn't keep my belly off the ground whenever I got off the trail. At a glance it's a frankenlift with Rokmen UCA's, Currie Front/rear track bars, antirocks. Currie braided brake lines. Metalcloak bumpstops. Still not sure about coils and shocks. Again, this is at a glance and is subject to change.

Quote:
With the 3.8 if you are planning 37s (only wanting them for looks I guess) you NEED 5.38s. For 35s 5.13s.

If this is your daily driver, I'd say you are making a mistake eyeballing 37s with that motor. You are going to be so mad at yourself for getting them when you realize you are hanging the tongue out of that thing to get up any highway incline, or even maintain highway speeds even with steep gears. Not to mention, considering that you don't sound like a guy with an endless budget, that 10 mpg isn't going to make you very happy.
I will run 37's with beadlocks for trips. I will be keeping 35's on my 15's for the road since I already spent the money on them. I'm not a guy with an endless budget FYI. I will be running 4.88. I don't think I will have a problem with the 37's since I wheel in 4lo.

Quote:
This.

OP if you are planning on wheeling its silly to stay "LCOG" in the manner you are doing. You are going to drag on everything, not to mention you can't run a long flexy shock on a budget boost.
See first reply.

Quote:
Snorkel?
Forgot about it. Just extending the diff breather hoses for now. I don't ford. I guess it's at the bottom of the list if I ever get into water crossing.

Quote:
Best thing to do to set your Procal accurately is to use a handheld GPS. Even with GPS it takes a few programs to get perfect.
Done it.

Quote:
Well there goes your idea that you "could" flex more with those coils vs a spacer. The coils are the exact same unloaded length as stock, they are just stiffer. At least with a spacer you would have an overall longer "spring" keeping you from unloading at flex IF you had longer shocks.

Also, please explain how you are at "full flex" including stuff (very important) if you are not touching the bumpstop or coil bound?
See 1st reply. At that stage of the game I didn't understand the concept of full flex being hitting bump stop.

Quote:
How can you get more downtravel without a longer shock?
Can't. Already addressed in the 1st reply.

Quote:
You mean those coils didn't make your jeep flex better than spacers because your shocks didn't grow longer?

Quote:
Looks like a goofy belly dragger. Keeping your COG low is great and you should, but there is a fine line between LCOG and stupid, no clearance pos.
Maybe he's not done.

Quote:
I'm sorry for all the patronizing man, but did you do ANY research before you made these purchases? You bought 15" wheels to run 37s on later?
At that point I was not planning on going to 37's.

Quote:
You MUST run a total of 4" BS with 37s to not rub.

You want to add more weight in the form of crazy heavy steel bumpers to a jeep that is already a dog?
Already a dog. So why not?

Quote:
What will you do if you need to be pulled and you can't winch (dead motor, battery, winch)?
Sing the chime. "Like a good neighbor Statefarm is there!"
I have front and rear recovery points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
Unless I missed a post, he'll still have the d rings. The hooks are there because he had no mounting hardware.
Correct. Still looking for grade 8 carriage bolts. Don't really want to go the online route yet.

Quote:
Seriously though, don't take things so personally. I didn't and wouldn't call someone names of personally attack anyone. It's just a little ribbing!
I'm not above losing my temper. I hope I answered your questions. I like my rig and I'm not finished with it...

So carrying on. I've decided to carry on with the OR-FAB swing away installation and I will be doing it tonight/tomorrow morning. It sucks when I have to bargain for my weekend free time. But I'll still get a good write up for it.

Spyder, thanks for your time today.

More updates to come.
Unread 12-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #142
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

A few weeks ago I created a thread about wanting to upgrade my suspension because of the fact that I couldn't keep my belly off the ground whenever I got off the trail. At a glance it's a frankenlift with Rokmen UCA's, Currie Front/rear track bars, antirocks. Currie braided brake lines. Metalcloak bumpstops. Still not sure about coils and shocks. Again, this is at a glance and is subject to change.

I will run 37's with beadlocks for trips. I will be keeping 35's on my 15's for the road since I already spent the money on them. I'm not a guy with an endless budget FYI. I will be running 4.88. I don't think I will have a problem with the 37's since I wheel in 4lo.

See first reply.

Forgot about it. Just extending the diff breather hoses for now. I don't ford. I guess it's at the bottom of the list if I ever get into water crossing.

Done it.

See 1st reply. At that stage of the game I didn't understand the concept of full flex being hitting bump stop.

Can't. Already addressed in the 1st reply.

Maybe he's not done.

At that point I was not planning on going to 37's.

Already a dog. So why not?

Sing the chime. "Like a good neighbor Statefarm is there!"
I have front and rear recovery points.

Correct. Still looking for grade 8 carriage bolts. Don't really want to go the online route yet.

I'm not above losing my temper. I hope I answered your questions. I like my rig and I'm not finished with it...

So carrying on. I've decided to carry on with the OR-FAB swing away installation and I will be doing it tonight/tomorrow morning. It sucks when I have to bargain for my weekend free time. But I'll still get a good write up for it.

Spyder, thanks for your time today.

More updates to come.
I'd still do at least 5.13 for the 35s. You will be disappointed with spending the money on gears to only go 4.88. Rule to remember with a 3.8 auto is DON'T FEAR THE GEAR!
Unread 12-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #143
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I'd still do at least 5.13 for the 35s. You will be disappointed with spending the money on gears to only go 4.88. Rule to remember with a 3.8 auto is DON'T FEAR THE GEAR!
I have the 3.8 manual.
Unread 12-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #144
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

I have the 3.8 manual.
I see. 4.88s it is!
Unread 12-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #145
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

i hope you're happy.

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2012, 06:10 AM   #146
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6
i hope you're happy.
Ha yes that will do perfectly.

So I installed my OR-FAB rear tire carrier and I must say it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I used a right angle impact drill and that made the job extremely easy. Or easier since the worse part of the install was aligning the carrier and keeping all if the spacers and washers in place. Its a hell of a write up so I will post it in the JK Tech section. After work I will post a few pics of the final product. I also installed the evo rear d ring mounts.
forumrunner_20121218_070923.jpg  
Unread 12-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #147
neverhide34
2011 JK Wrangler 

Sorry about that first pic. I thought I could successfully upload from my phone but that's not the case. So here are pics of the final install to include the rear d-ring mounts. I also sanded, primed, and bedlined the rear to include the sheet metal between the tailgate and rear frame rail. I was telling myself that it was temporary until I found the right rear bumper but I've grown attached. I feel like I should protect the rear corners so MetalCloak Exo corners are in the near future.

So on the way to my house are materials to relocate my rear license plate. I'm not sure what to do next. Might be gears.. Actually should be gears. 4.88 on the way I suppose...

I think I will go with Motive Gear. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.