Stroked Grocery Getter - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Stroked Grocery Getter

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 09-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #76
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuzeppelin View Post
I see your dilemma here. I'm with you on quality over quantity but everyone has different plans and goals. If anything you could go with bulk and get the locker/winch combo and just replace the winch down the road if it goes on you, keeping the locker as a plus. Or just get the bad *** winch you want and never have to worry about it again leaving you free to think about other things down the road.

If I may ask, how often do you wheel and if so are you the kind of person that crawls threw things or powers threw it no matter what? Also do you get distress calls or make distressed calls?
Well, as far as how often it's normally a couple weeks in between my ventures to trails. It's really a weekend warrior. I want to take it to an org park a few hours away, but most of the trails here are just hunting trails or atv trails that have gotten torn apart. I am leaning toward the warn vr8000 I think. With synthetic line. Then I still get the reliable name. And only spend about 5 bills. A lot of the time we go out together so I havnt been the rescuer yet. At the same time two Guys that I wheel with have winches. Sooo. But I would probably go more by myself if I had one.. What kind of offload lights are you running?

May 2014 COTM
robswampthing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #77
LelandGray
2005 WK 

What's your mileage like with the stroker in there?
Silver WK Club Member #11
LelandGray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #78
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

About 22 on the highway. 15-16 around town. Give or take

May 2014 COTM
Unread 09-29-2012, 01:14 AM   #79
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Just read your build, awesome work. How are you liking the tires?
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #80
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I love the retreads man. The mud terrain pattern is a little noisy, but I expected it. Plus the customer service from tread weight is amazing. I paid 400 bucks shipped to my door. For a brand new set of 265/75. 32.6" tires. Can't beat that. I took them offroad and even with open diffs I was a monster. Climes over down trees with no slippage, all sorts of loose soil/mud. Cleaned well on the highway ride home too and I didn't air down at all. I had one tire with a defect give me a flat my third day with them while I was on the highway. Tread wright sent me a replacement and an extra so I had a full size spare. So now I have a full set of 5 for 400 bucks.im not an elitist so I don't give a damn if "it's not the quietest" or "best performing" I spent 400 on a set an they're great. If I wanted quiet I'd drive a caddy, and if I wanted the best offroad tires I probably wouldn't have a Cherokee because I'd be driving a full on buggy. Long story short. No regrets on the tires, they look great, work great, priced remarkably. Buy them!

May 2014 COTM
Unread 09-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #81
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Probably thinking KCs when the time comes. American made tops the list whenever possible, but also cool with Hellas if I could find a deal with them down the road. Also just about to order my first set of Treadwrights thanks to, Among others, your good review.

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #82
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Not to double post

But did you have to move your flux capasider for the new bumper? In the last pic that showed it, it was still on the pass side.

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #83
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

No no! It doesn't bother me at all! I actually responded to your light post. But the thing disnt post. Yeah I had to relocate the vacuum canister. It took all of 25 seconds. The line is long enough to set it right in front of the blower motor no problem.

May 2014 COTM
Unread 10-13-2012, 01:15 AM   #84
djlarroc
1997 XJ Cherokee 

wow man! nice build! my jeep is your jeep's older, shorter brother lol.

'97 country

funny thing is, found your thread because i was looking for pics of the dirtbound winch bumper i'm thinking of buying! just dont get an engo 9k winch w/synthetic ok?
'97 XJ Country, 3" hybrid, 245/75 MTR, TJ Moabs, Front Truetrac/Rear Aussie, 4:10 gears, skids, recovery.
djlarroc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #85
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Wow. It really is my jeeps brother! I like the hood vents turnout. I want todo that to mine. I kind of miss the look of the stock bumper. I get a lot more compliments and head nods with the bumper now. Plus it protects my jewel of the jeep. (The stroker)

Speaking of which here's a video of my stroker with a borla exhaust. Cat deleted

May 2014 COTM
Unread 10-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #86
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Does the link work for you?
Unread 10-13-2012, 05:05 PM   #87
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Not sure why the img code didnt work.

Here's a direct link. Jeep stroker exhaust

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/q...A1331F7652.mp4

May 2014 COTM
Unread 10-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #88
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

That actually sounds really good. Il going to get a magnaflow high flow cat and a cherry bomb. I had a 2ft cherry bomb on my wrangler and it was actually very quiet. Probably because the power band is low on these engines, I think I might of hit 3k rpm once where cherry bombs really get loud at 4k rpm +. Did you have a shop weld it up? Was you stock downstream o2 location between the cat and muffer?
Unread 10-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #89
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Yes I had a shop weld it in, I was going to put a magma flow high cat in. But jegs sent the wrong one. Didn't feel like waiting. My power band has changed with the stroker since my cam is so different. I develop max torque (331 ft lbs) at 3000 rpms. I think in the video I took it up to about 4,400 or so.

May 2014 COTM
Unread 10-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #90
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i want to install new exhaust cat back. Instead of welding a bung in between the cat and the muffler do you think I can get a cat with a o2 bung in it? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Univ-13-x6-5...8175cb&vxp=mtr

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.