Stroked Grocery Getter - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Stroked Grocery Getter

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wHalloween Savings to die for!

Unread 08-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #61
italiang4lif89
1990 MJ Comanche 

Build looks sick so far.. Looking forward to seeing that bumper installed .. How the headlites holding up? Leaning towards to ordering a set

1990 comanche 4.0 auto 4wd
http://comancheclub.com/topic/36077-...e-runs45-lift/

PaRtS 4 SaLe
NIB xj rear air ride suspension
NOS 5.9 shifter handle
4 1995 orvis doors with panels
5.9 rockers
5.9 roof rack
italiang4lif89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #62
Bronco1138
2000 XJ Cherokee 

love the build! keep it up!
Current 2000 Green XJ w/ Flowmaster 40 exhaust, magnaflow high flow cat, bbk 62mm throttle body, Rusty's TBS, K&N Intake, Hella Euro H4 Headlights, OME Steering Stabilizer, 3.5" RE super flex kit, RE trac bar, 32" Tires on the way....

SOLD 2001 silver XJ w/4.5" RE Lift, 33", Long Arm, Locked, etc.
Bronco1138 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #63
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamstar6 View Post
Jeep is looking sick man! Keep up the good work! Congrats on the birthday present! Your wife buys you jeep parts, you married a good one!
That is a 100% accurate statement my man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by italiang4lif89 View Post
Build looks sick so far.. Looking forward to seeing that bumper installed .. How the headlites holding up? Leaning towards to ordering a set
Headlights are great man, such a clean beam pattern, totally worth the pattern. 2 things. Defintily order the upgraded harness (super easy to install) and when you order the housings. i really recommend the rampage ones. they're are two options. with bulbs. (i got that option and they are plenty bright and clear for me) or you can get just the housings without the bulbs for like 30 bucks cheaper. and get the ipf fat boy lights which are un godly bright. 80 bucks more though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco1138 View Post
love the build! keep it up!
thank you my good man, i like(d) your silver 01. good luck with the 2000!
hopefully no cracked 0331 like me

May 2014 COTM
robswampthing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #64
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Lots of updates. only like 20 minutes to get it in though. I'm at around 800 miles on the stroker and its getting better and better. im still running 10-40 dinosaur oil and it's wonderful. A week or so ago i did my first oil change at 500 miles on the new engine. Here's a video of the results. also, a teaser picture

May 2014 COTM
Unread 09-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #65
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

here's a video of the first start on the stroker. (first try aswell)

May 2014 COTM
Unread 09-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #66
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

and some more detailed pictures of the bumper before it gets line-x or powder coat. im not sure yet..

May 2014 COTM
Unread 09-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #67
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

So the bumper is on now, but of course i ran into some hiccups. Apparently Dirtbound offroad hired a new welder last week (when my bumper was built) and i got the short end of that stick.

I will give credit to max (owner of dirtbound offroad) for being very helpful, fast responding, and willing to do whatever it took to make it right. However

Here was the issue. This gusset was suppose to be welded flush with the bottom surface seen in the picture So since it was welded about 3/8" to high. The bracket wouldn't fit inbetween. i thought maybe it was the line-x fault. But When i sent him pictures via email he confirmed that it was infact an issue with the weld.

So he suggested that i take an angle grinder and cut off a small bit from the top and bottom. which bummed me out, because it was all freshly covered in line-x. But it wasn't anywhere it could be seen anyway. so whatever. i did, and it fit.
I was on my last cutting disc though lol, and i refused to make a trip 8 miles for a 45 cent part.

I Took lots of pictures before it was line-x'd so everyone could see details on the dirtbound offroad extreme winch bumper.

POST LINE-X

Detail of the Cut out

The cross member was white, and when i mocked up the bumper it looks atrocious behind it.
So i taped that ish off and painted it. I LOVE KRYLON FUSION!!!!!

So far the front end feels much tighter. IMO

Alot of people pull the splash guard completely out. But i like them for keeping crap out of my fenders/flares. So i just used a razor and followed the lines on the new bumper took me all of 9 seconds to do both sides and it looks much better. also no more rubbing!!!! which is fantastic!

Now i need a winch and Fog's X3
Any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers guys

May 2014 COTM
Unread 09-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #68
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

went to the muffler shop the other day. Bought these off jegs. Dropped it off to get them installed and i get a call. "hey we cut out your stock cat, and ahh.. this one jegs sent you is the wrong size. gahhh, so i ended up spending 125$ to get the muffler welded in and the cat deleted. fml. whatever. it sounds epic now.

It's not overbearing while driving like my flow master 40 series i had on another 6 cylinder.
reves up really nice and im really glad i went with borla.

For the record. i did not buy the borla cat back (around 500$)
instead i bought the borla xs with matching specs to our muffler. for 95$ (same item number)
and i just used my stock tubing because it wasn't rusted. I will upload an audio clip soon.

May 2014 COTM
Unread 09-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #69
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

First offroad test since the motor swapped. This thing is a f#cjing monster

May 2014 COTM
Unread 09-26-2012, 06:26 AM   #70
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

As the 'ol saying goes There is no replacement for displacement. Good to see it dirty and with a happy camper behind the wheel, Anything bugging you bout your set up?

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2012, 06:55 AM   #71
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuzeppelin View Post
As the 'ol saying goes There is no replacement for displacement. Good to see it dirty and with a happy camper behind the wheel, Anything bugging you bout your set up?
There are a lot more creeks inside now, for some reason my headlights only work on low. And the rough country drop brackets have "self tapping" hardware for the trusses on them. And they feel loose. They make knocking noise when I'm off road which I don't like. I think I might get them tacked to the frame. Thanks for your interest

May 2014 COTM
Unread 09-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #72
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

No problem man, I check your thread for up dates every time i'm on here but dont want to clutter it up with pointless comments all the time. Hope you get the bugs worked out tho and besides the few little things you happy with the overall rest of it?

Still one of the cleanest Cherokees I've ever seen tho, keep up the good work and Thank You again for serving.

Unread 09-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #73
Bronco1138
2000 XJ Cherokee 

what type of winch set-up you thinking of running?
Current 2000 Green XJ w/ Flowmaster 40 exhaust, magnaflow high flow cat, bbk 62mm throttle body, Rusty's TBS, K&N Intake, Hella Euro H4 Headlights, OME Steering Stabilizer, 3.5" RE super flex kit, RE trac bar, 32" Tires on the way....

SOLD 2001 silver XJ w/4.5" RE Lift, 33", Long Arm, Locked, etc.
Bronco1138 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #74
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuzeppelin View Post
No problem man, I check your thread for up dates every time i'm on here but dont want to clutter it up with pointless comments all the time. Hope you get the bugs worked out tho and besides the few little things you happy with the overall rest of it?

Still one of the cleanest Cherokees I've ever seen tho, keep up the good work and Thank You again for serving.
Thanks so much man. Feedback on my build thread really makes me feel good about my decisions on the build plans. I'm extremely happy with it. I mean. Including cost of vehicle, stroker build, suspension lift, drivetrain mods, stereo, and all the little mods here and their, I'm still under 10,000$

Bronco, I'm still on the fence about the winch. I've always been a quality before quantity guy, but for the price of one quality winch (500-800) I could buy a cheapie like a xrc8 or a quadratec brand and an Aussie lockers for my Dana 30. So it's lunchbox locker and cheap 9k winch. Or quality winch.

May 2014 COTM
Unread 09-28-2012, 01:27 AM   #75
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I see your dilemma here. I'm with you on quality over quantity but everyone has different plans and goals. If anything you could go with bulk and get the locker/winch combo and just replace the winch down the road if it goes on you, keeping the locker as a plus. Or just get the bad *** winch you want and never have to worry about it again leaving you free to think about other things down the road.

If I may ask, how often do you wheel and if so are you the kind of person that crawls threw things or powers threw it no matter what? Also do you get distress calls or make distressed calls?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.