Stroked Grocery Getter - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Stroked Grocery Getter

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-29-2013, 03:01 AM   #196
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
It'll be getting cut anyways with the notch flares right?
Correct good man.

May 2014 COTM
robswampthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #197
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

well, i won the notch contest. But the coupon code they gave me doesnt work. And when i emailed them about it all the sudden my account that i registered got "deleted" soooo.. well see what happens about that. ive contacted them twice in the past week with no response. hopefully not another Iceland off road although they "arent affiliated in anyway" theyve been nice in their customer service so far. so ill see whats up and post back.. anyway. Just been beating on it for the past few weeks. done with these ****ty rough country disco's ordering a set of jks whenever all the vendors i contacted get back with me for their lowest price..

heres some pics.

also i hate SC MUD.

May 2014 COTM
Unread 08-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #198
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

i miss my icons : /

May 2014 COTM
Unread 08-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #199
MoabRuss

So sorry about your account on the website! We had a major hosting issue that required some backend "repairs" to the website, and yours is not the only account to have been deleted.

Please give us a call (801-785-1671), or send an email to info@notchcustoms.com. We'll make sure the coupon code works for you. X-Max Flares are in stock, and we can get them shipped in a business day, no problem. Very sorry for the confusion.
MoabRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 04:41 AM   #200
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Notch came through in fixing my account issues and correcting my Coupon error, ordered them at 5:30 a.m so hopefully they ship out today and include all the extra Swag Will said he would include in my order!
total with discount (after shipping) was still 420$ so yes i could have gotten bushcrackers, but i feel the extra work will be well worth it on these. More room for articulation, better stance, And i cant paint match them to keep that look that i love. I also bought 2 cans of paint match aerosol from MICROFINISH, and a can of legit clear coat, so i plan to color match (as best i can) and yes i will take many many pictures during the process! i also plan to body fill the small gap.

look out for pictures and a write up coming about 2 weeks from now? maybe 3 max depending on my work schedule.

May 2014 COTM
Unread 08-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #201
MoabRuss

Glad we got you taken care of. Some extra stuff will be headed your way via USPS, by the way, separate from the flares.

Excited to see it come together. Let us know if you have any questions along the way.
Unread 08-15-2013, 05:37 PM   #202
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Bump to see when u get those awesome flares mounted up. Body match looks best imo.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 12:10 AM   #203
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Just so you know notch, the extra stuff via usps hasnt arrived yet. But i have to give you guys the craziest props ever

this company is epic, and i havent even installed their stuff yet. Shipping was rough and broke one of the mounting bolts on the flares. I called notch and they emailed me back right away. A guy named will there without even offering refunded me 20$ to cover the cost of a tiny little tube of epoxy to fix the issue/compensate my gas and troubles to fix it. Well it only cost me like 8$ so i feel they over helped me. I have been in and out of the local area latley and have all sorts of stuff to take care of for work/home and havent had the time to install them yet. I did buy paint matched aerosol from Automotive touchup dot com though, and it was around 60$ after shipping for 2 12 oz cans that seem super high quality in both nozzle and paint quality/accesorries. and a can of automotive clear coat. Im going to take my time with these flares which is why ive been putting it off. i plan to really make it look as best i can. So Mountainman864 im sorry im taking so long but im banking on the juice being worth the squueze.

once they are on i bought about 340$ worth of detailing supplies/equipment from autogeek.net and i plan to make this look better than it did from the factory. Ill keep it clean probably for a month or so. Im planning on a 2 day trip to A couple offroad parks at the end of october. looking forward to really testing it out/breaking stuff -_-

Anyway, more to come soon.

May 2014 COTM
Unread 09-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #204
MoabRuss

Didn't get your swag!? A travesty! too bad we can't track it, like our packages, since we sent it USPS instead of UPS.

...but we can always send more
Unread 09-04-2013, 02:18 AM   #205
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I have no idea yet good sirs as I am currently out of state. I can't wait to get home to it though! Either way you guys are legit. And when I do get home and have a few days off, probably the weekend after next, I will be tearing into it with pleeeenty of pics as promised. Might even do a little write up, I'll leave a google review too for anyone that searches other places than here. (Why would they though

In other news I scored a 8 month snotty built xrc8 and a full size 35" spare and Steele wheel that were never mounted for 240$ for all of it. So now I have a full size spare and winch. Just need some rock rails and a bumper to carry it all!

Trying to get my detailing business to pick up and build a customer list to pay for mods, because although I could buy this stuff, I feel better spending money earned from labor than money earned from my mandatory labor at my real job lol. Plus then it feels like I got it for free, I like detailing anyway. Aside from that, I don't need rock monsters. But when the time comes for new wheels. (Christmas I'm thinking) I'll be getting Hutchinson rock monsters because their sexy, and overkill.

May 2014 COTM
Unread 09-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #206
MoabRuss

Well, we sent out some more stickers, just for good measure. Looking forward to your build photos!
Unread 09-15-2013, 01:05 AM   #207
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Well. ive been in and out of the state for the past few weeks. so this evening was the first time ive actually had time to work on my cherokee. i fixed a loose tranny bracket on the hard lines. tightened up a few things, tryed to figure out where im going to put my tranny cooler with small fan i bought from dirtbound offroad. It looks like im going to have to fabricate a bracket or something up, it cant fit behind the grille. so... another day though. i really need to figure out my control arm angles and make sure it's all right. i still have a knocking in the front end and my alignment feels really off. kind of missing my short arms to be honest...

Picked up a winch finally. A local Tj guy totaled his rig, had a smittybuilt xrc8 that was about 6 months old. not my first choice. but he sold me the winch, remove, fairlead, winch cover and a 35" bfg km1 for 220$ for all of it, tire and wheel had never been mounted. now i have a full size spare but no where to put it lol. i think my next big item will definitly be a rear tire carrier.

May 2014 COTM
Unread 09-15-2013, 01:09 AM   #208
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Also want to add that my birthday was on the 4th, and my amazing wife if your following my build thread. last year she got me the dirtbound offroad winch bumper/brush guard.

well this year she went above and beyond again. she knows i had been eyeballing multiple sets of rockrails/steps. And i really liked the TNT adventure steps that they just released for the xj, however i couldnt justify spending 600$ after shipping on them.
She could i guess. Which makes me ecstatic!!!! because i really wanted the steps/sliders in one. and im stuck on tnt customs products anyway. If only i could get my front end adjusted properly enough to enjoy it on the road i would be all over it. im going to work on either my Notch flares tommorow, or try and get my trackbar/control arms and **** perfect and my alignment with the stupid PSC tie rod that has two LHT TRE's. i taped the flares in place on the front end just to see how much metal im going to have to chop. yikes..........
uploading pics now of that.

May 2014 COTM
Unread 09-15-2013, 01:14 AM   #209
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

front end mocked up,

without them to show how far i stick out,

i really want to lower it back down to 4.5" of lift but the stupid shackle relocation boxes i bought from iron rock offroad are actually rough country ones... wouldnt have bought if i knew that. and say "up to 1.5" of lift " false, it raised my rear like 2.5" and i had to compensate the front, so im sitting around 6" with the winch on the front end. i hate that. even with 35's im going to have so much gap its going to look silly.

anyway, everything below the flare is getting cut off. so you can see how much wheel gap im going to have. ridiculous.

May 2014 COTM
Unread 09-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #210
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

man do i have a list of rants for this thread!! biggest complaint is rough country. ill be back on here tomorrow to type up my diary

May 2014 COTM

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.