STRATTON's 02 TJ build, daily driver/weekend warrior - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > STRATTON's 02 TJ build, daily driver/weekend warrior

Advance Adapters SYE Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 09-19-2013, 05:36 AM   #106
GB_YJ_GUY

Yeah, jamie and those guys were getting into some big things when I threw in the towel. I can't remember one of the guys names up the but he was a dick, everyone else was cool. I guess he is know for being like that. Anyways, its cool you keep in touch with the owner of your old car, helps with making selling it a little easier.

sending you a pm

GB_YJ_GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #107
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

wicked build man !

did a lil more research on my d44 rear. i have to do a lil more, but as of now it seems ill have to purchase a new drive shaft since the d44 out put is a bit longer then the d35.

but every jeep is different. worse case scenario ill have to have a drive shaft shop shorted the d/s about a inch give or take or whatever is needed.

ill also be adding a lopro trans mount to avoid and driveline vibes because ill be going up by about a 1 and a 1/4 and all ready had to put in a 1mml when i did my ucf tummy tuck skid.

stratton.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #108
GB_YJ_GUY

thanks!

you could just shorten the driveshaft at a DS shop, or stretch you front axle out an inch or so and have a better aproach angle.. just a thought.

edit; departure angle. thought the 44 was going up front for some reason lol
GB_YJ_GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #109
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

nothing much has changed.

wheeled the **** out of her last weekend. really pushed the limits of the 33s and the front locker. now i really see that the d44 a true trac and some 35s will make a big diff.

hopefully dropping the d44 off in the next few weeks to get it done.

stratton.
Unread 12-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #110
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i sold the d44, as i felt it required to much money to get it into mint shape/regeared.

so im back to squard one.

i really dont have many jeep friends, and of coarse i search the forum like mad, but i still have many grey areas.

im leaning towards-

high clearance front fenders
northridge4x4 rear built d44, 456 gears, detroit true trac
re-gear d30 to 456 and continue to run my aussie
35x12.5 km2s all around and add bumpstops

cheap, simple effective.

i just cant see my self, going all out on this one, while its still my dd, keeping money in mind, i think said set up would be very effective and reliable.

thoughts ?

stratton.
Unread 12-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #111
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

no one ?

stratton.
Unread 12-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #112
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

if money is a concern why dont you consider a 8.8 rear from east coast gear supply? Likely will be cheaper then a 44 from northridge.

Jeep looks good but why the change to a rust hood? Are you planning to make the entire rig rust colored?

Im in CT if you need help with anything let me know I may be able to help.
AngryTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #113
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i did the rusted hood and tail gate just for kicks. i have the factory hood and gate in the shed.

money isn't really the issue at all. just the order of doing things, and or whats the best route to go.

also another route going threw me head is this. it requires a bit of back tracking but i think in the end it works out out for the best.

drop the body lift which is 3 inches, cut it in half to a 1.5 inch body lift, install a 2 inch bds body lift, install a sye and a cv shaft.

run that for a while and then ill have no problem running 35's once i jump to a d44 rear. if i have any clearance issues i could add in smitty built flat fenders, and clearance the rear fender wells if needed. that sound like a better plan ?

reason why i dont want to do a 8.8 is its narrower, it has less ground clearance, and its not much cheaper then a northridge built d44, wich runs about 2500.

optimally id like to do what i said above and be able to score a factory tj d44 for the 800 dollar range. but i dont see that happening around here.

stratton.
Unread 12-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #114
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRATTON View Post
i did the rusted hood and tail gate just for kicks. i have the factory hood and gate in the shed.

money isn't really the issue at all. just the order of doing things, and or whats the best route to go.

also another route going threw me head is this. drop the body lift which is 3 inches, cut it in half to a 1.5 inch body lift, install a 2 inch bds body lift, install a sye and a cv shaft.

run that for a while and then ill have no problem running 35's once i jump to a d44 rear. if i have any clearance issues i could add in smitty built flat fenders, and clearance the rear fender wells if needed. that sound like a better plan ?

reason why i dont want to do a 8.8 is its narrower, it has less ground clearance, and its not much cheaper then a northridge built d44, wich runs about 2500.

optimally id like to do what i said above and be able to score a factory tj d44 for the 800 dollar range. but i dont see that happening around here.

stratton.
do you mean cut to a 1.5 body lift and run 2" bds springs?

if the 44 is cheaper or same price no harm there
AngryTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #115
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yes cut the body lift in half to 1.5 total and a 2inch dbs lift, springs n shocks.
Unread 02-13-2014, 09:50 PM   #116
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Latest mod was some led bumper lights. Made a huge diff in night time driving. Ill be moving forward with my susp lift and cutting the body lift in half.

Stratton.
Unread 03-31-2014, 12:16 PM   #117
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

well finally just ordered my 2inch lift, bumpstops, new steering stabilizer, ucf low pro trans mount for my under cover fab tummy tuck skid, rear track bar bracket. Going to be cutting my body lift down to a 1.5 and installing all the new parts. One step closer to a LOW CENTER GRAVITY build, 3.5 inches of lift on 35's. Once this is all in its rear d44 time, regearing and upraging my 33's to 35's. or i might be able to score a d60 thats already been modded/cut/welded brackets etc ready to bolt in with a detroit locker and geared to 4:88's. well see.

ohh i also scored on a trade a set of half doors. rusted them out this past weekend. just waiting for a dry, warmer day to clear them and paint the hinges black.

either way very excited and looking foward to doing all the work and getting on 35's soon so i can start modding my new quad i picked up lol. ahh it never stops.

heres a pic of my yfz450 wich i picked up around christmas. ive been riding it alot latley. it needs bigger tires also as it has 18s more suited towards mx racing. i also want to put on a full exhaust and intake system. as of now it has -mods include-flexx handle bars, aftermarket steering stabilizer, front and rear dura blue graph lite wheel spacers, hand guards, gytr front bumper, gytr nerf bars, pro armor skid plates front to back including swing arm, dunlop quad sport tires, cam mod, zip tie mod, rejetted carb, fmf slip on. man does she rip and like i said the motor is basically stock besides the cam mod.

stratton.
Unread 04-02-2014, 10:44 AM   #118
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i found a d44 out of a tj for 900. a bit pricey for a factory d44, but its has a 373 gears wich can work, wont be optimal but deff doable for the time being. so i could install the 373 d44 and just regear my front d30 to a 373. doing this the d30 will be stronger then say if i was on 410's or 456's.

some of my parts have been coming in. hoping to have the work all done with in the next two weeks cause ive been dying to wheel.

stratton.
Unread 04-02-2014, 05:44 PM   #119
firefighter8253
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure where to post this I searched regear this came up but do you know if there's a way I can tell if my jeep has been regeared I bought it lifted
firefighter8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2014, 04:46 PM   #120
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter8253 View Post
Not sure where to post this I searched regear this came up but do you know if there's a way I can tell if my jeep has been regeared I bought it lifted
yes there is. you have to jack the rear end up and then spin the wheel and count how many times it takes to spin the wheels for one rotation of the driveshaft. i believe thats the trick, do a search on that.

i finished my half doors today came out sick. they just need to fade out a bit wich they will do in time.

installed a new steering stabilizer this morning. seems to have smoothed out the ride at high speed, ill know for sure next time i get on a highway. i did a quick 70mph run on the service road and it seemed good.

all my parts are in, gonna install the lopro trans mount this weekend with the help of my brotherinlaw/fellow jeeper.

so looking foward to getting my jeep where it needs to be for the summer

stratton.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.