STRATTON's 02 TJ build, daily driver/weekend warrior - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > STRATTON's 02 TJ build, daily driver/weekend warrior

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 05-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #91
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

^ totally agree, they are small. but thats why i like them, very light and tossable, sometimes it would be nice to have a bigger quad for a bit easier ride. im sure at some point ill jump up to a banshee.

hit up tarhollow this past weekend, did about 35 miles total of trail riding. it was put on by ok4wd.com . had a great time and cant wait to hit some trails agian. i got alot of footage and vids, heres a pic. did all the "hero's" except for two that was said to possibly require a winch.

short vid. my buddy tried this "hero" a few times but couldnt get up (no locker). i hit it once and got up with no issues. you've heard it before, was way steeper etc etc in person. then i strapped him up and pulled him up.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=524799137579622

my jeep performed flawlessly, next upgrades, seat covers (haha muddd), arb tire deflator, cig air pump. impressed with everything ive done so far.

stratton.

STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #92
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

next upgrades are teraflex 1.25 coil spacers and a ucf lowpro trans mount, new shocks. still need to get the seat covers, and the arb tire deflator and the cig air pump. also need a new soft top and considering full soft doors.

long term upgrades are trying to track down a d44, i see the full built g2 units, but they are built for more then i require, i just want a factory d44, and add some 35's and regear teh front at the same time.

anyone have any idea on how to find a d44. ive hunted the local craigslist add's, i guess i should start calling junk yards.

stratton.
Unread 08-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #93
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

right as we were leaving for rausch.

so hit rausch creek a few weeks ago, what a great time, what a great park. ill deff be back soon. hit a few blues. my brother-in-law got him self in a few bad spots. one early on where he high centered himself on hit skid plate and had 2 wheels off the ground and one completely hanging off the ledge with a huge rock under his countrol arm. only way for me to pull him was from the front, that was a close call, both his back wheels came up off the ground by what looked like two feet... lol. he then hit the only spot on the maps that read death trap, wich resulted in this.

it took my jeep with a snatch line and another jeep with a winch to get him out and on all 4.

over all the greens were too easy, and after my boys poor choice of lines all the wind was out of his sails and he only wanted to run greens lol. cant blame him.

im looking foward to going back on some a 2 inch suspension lift, 35s and a locked d44. do nothing but blues . just waiting on a friend to remove her d44 with a detroit locker and a set of 411 gears and the ill start wrenching on the jeep. also my shift linkage gave up the ghost, ill throw in a lowpro trans mount and see if that gets me back where i need to be due to the bad angle the tummy tuck caused on the linkage. if not ill throw in a that cable shift set up.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater

this was alot steeper then it looked.

also got a day of trail riding in on the blaster this past weekend at tar hollow, same place i wheel the jeep. had a great time, will be going up with the quad agian before the next tar hollow 4x4 event.

heres a pic of the blaster prior to trailering it up state.

she ran awesome on the trails.

stratton.
Unread 09-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #94
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

my thread doesnt seem to be getting much love. wich is ok lol.

but i do have a few questions that id like to attempt to get answered.

ive finally tracked down a d44 out of a tj. they swap right in right ? any hardware such as brake brackets or anything thats missing can be sourced from my current d35 ? from what ive been told the said d44 is in perfect condition, open diff, 373's with a disc upgrade. i plan to install 488 gears. is that a good choice for 35's ? install the rear end and at the same time install 488's into the front d30.

at the same time i also plan on installing about a 1inch coil spacer lift and new shocks. any reccomendation on what shocks to run ? i also plan on running a low pro trans mount from ucf.

any advice or reccomendations.

stratton.
Unread 09-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #95
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRATTON View Post
my thread doesnt seem to be getting much love. wich is ok lol.

but i do have a few questions that id like to attempt to get answered.

ive finally tracked down a d44 out of a tj. they swap right in right ? any hardware such as brake brackets or anything thats missing can be sourced from my current d35 ? from what ive been told the said d44 is in perfect condition, open diff, 373's with a disc upgrade. i plan to install 488 gears. is that a good choice for 35's ? install the rear end and at the same time install 488's into the front d30.

at the same time i also plan on installing about a 1inch coil spacer lift and new shocks. any reccomendation on what shocks to run ? i also plan on running a low pro trans mount from ucf.

any advice or reccomendations.

stratton.
Yes it should be a straight swap!! Yes 4.88 is the best gearing for 35s. Look at the rokmen coil spring spacers they are very nice and being made from metal they will last for a lifetime.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #96
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

thank you. hopefully going to go buy the d44 today or tomorrow !

stratton.
Unread 09-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #97
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

yah buddy ! d44 out of a 97 tj. gonna go over it and replace/fix anything that is needs/replace seals.

not sure on time frame but i know itll be in and ill be up on 35s by the end of the winter.

also, ive done some searching, i havent found and km2s that are 35x14.5, apparently they dont make that size. ill research what tires come in a 14.5. is that what everyone jumps to 35x14.5 or am i better off sticking to the km2s at 35x12.5. way i see it the 2inches in width should really make a huge difference in grip even if the overall tire isnt as good as a km2.

stratton.
Unread 09-09-2013, 06:25 AM   #98
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know of many 35s in a 14.50 wide.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #99
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I figured.

Stratton.
Unread 09-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #100
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

ill search for them but if there are non in that size of a good tire, ill gladly go 35x12.5 km2.

so the plan is, replace/fix anything wrong with the d44. 4:88 gears front and back.

3/4 inch spring spacer, new shocks (suggestions do i want stiffer or softer shocks ?)

if i get vibes agian ill add in a lowpro trans mount.

this is how shell prolly always stay as far as performance goes. nice cheap and super simple.

long term goals are led head lights and upgrade my bumper lights to led's.

still would like to replace my aged soft top and add full soft doors.

thats how shell prolly stay as far as apperance wise goes.

stratton.
Unread 09-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #101
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

What's the reasoning behind a 14.5" wide tire? What you want in a shock is completely up to you, but I would suggest something on the softer side, thinking that I would personally get sick of a harsher ride before a softer ride.

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #102
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

no reasoning other then more grip with a 14.5 tire. but as it looks km2 35x12.5 is in order.

i just spoke to a very knowledgeable guy named jeff over @ rockridge4x4. he gave me all the info and all the prices i need to know as far as re-gearing the front and rear. ive decided to leave the rear end open till i feel like adding a tru-trac. he suggested yukon gears. unless you guys feel the brand ten is a good choice, as they are about close to half the price of the yukons.

so as i see it know ill grab everything i need from him to regear the front to 4.88s, rubuild the rear and go to 4.88s. then get the 35's and im off !

really looking foward to getting this project under way and having so much more capabilities off road.

stratton.
Unread 09-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #103
GB_YJ_GUY

I didnt read the whole thread... but you wouldnt happen to be the same STRATTON from the sr20forums, would you..?? i think you are.. lol sad to see you sell your egg a while back, thing was clean!
GB_YJ_GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #104
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

yeah, thats me. i had to. jamie marsh really did a number on that car. i really regretted taking my car to him for that built motor and tune. but o well, at that point i just wanted out. the car is back alive it just made 470whp on a built det, down in md. i speak to the current owner regularly. just sent him down some rare nx parts i had sitting in the shed for it. he did it back up real nice, shaved engine bay, nice wire tuck and wilwood break package.

anyways. speaking of nx's theres a guy near me with a 92 a really mint one with 92k on it. might be one of the last of the mint ones around. but he didnt take my offer. i just threw a offer out there for ****s and giggles, but got denied.

what was your user name on the dash ?

stratton.
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #105
GB_YJ_GUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRATTON View Post
yeah, thats me. i had to. jamie marsh really did a number on that car. i really regretted taking my car to him for that built motor and tune. but o well, at that point i just wanted out. the car is back alive it just made 470whp on a built det, down in md. i speak to the current owner regularly. just sent him down some rare nx parts i had sitting in the shed for it. he did it back up real nice, shaved engine bay, nice wire tuck and wilwood break package.

anyways. speaking of nx's theres a guy near me with a 92 a really mint one with 92k on it. might be one of the last of the mint ones around. but he didnt take my offer. i just threw a offer out there for ****s and giggles, but got denied.

what was your user name on the dash ?

stratton.
I knew it was you! Lol I was scrolling through and your name caught my eye, I said wait a minute.. lol my user name was b13gfb4 on both the sr20 forums. I got out of the game a couple times and now iI'm in the middle of a 92 yj build. I will post a link for ya later. Glad to see you in the jeep game now
George
GB_YJ_GUY is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.