STRATTON's 02 TJ build, daily driver/weekend warrior - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > STRATTON's 02 TJ build, daily driver/weekend warrior

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 04-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #76
tytec95

stick with what u like

tytec95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 06:00 AM   #77
tytec95

u will love it better
tytec95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #78
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Skids from ufc came today. Heavy duty doesn't even begin to describe them. Glad I got the 3/16s versions any thicker would have been overkill.

Stratton.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 12:39 AM   #79
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRATTON View Post
Skids from ufc came today. Heavy duty doesn't even begin to describe them. Glad I got the 3/16s versions any thicker would have been overkill.

Stratton.
How much does it weigh?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #80
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I got the steel 3/16 one it is heavy. But its worth knowing my engine and tranny and transfer case can't be damaged.

Stratton.
Unread 04-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #81
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

installed my jks quicker disconnects. just have to fab up and mount a shaft to hold them when they are disconnected.

painted the skids, 2 coats of primer, and 2 coats of semi-gloss black.

tomorrow i will install them and start painting the frame.

i have a question for you guys.

i want to run a 2inch suspension lift. one that will give me good droop and upwards flex. id also like the springs to be a bit stiffer then stock, to compensate for the added weight.

so far ill i have is my 3bl, wich will be cut down to a 1.5 inch bl once i install the 2 inch suspension lift.

i purchased the no bl skid plate, but it does raise the transfercase by about a 1 inch.

so what will i need other then a 2 inch suspension lift.

will i need-mml?
will i need-lowpro trans mount?
will i need-sye?
will i need-cv shaft ?
will i need-adjustable control arms ?

im thinking about jumping up to possibly 35's by summers end. ill get a used d44 swap it in. ill do the needed parts to accommodate the 2'' suspension lift and then install the suspension lift and cut down the bl.

any advice, info etc is more then welcome.

ill post some pics of the skids and jks disconnects tomorrow !

stratton.
Unread 04-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #82
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

anyone on the question above ?

i installed the no bl trans skid and engine skid. going to have to fab up a simple little perch for the jks quick disconnects. also have to get around to putting another bolt on each side of the rear bumper because i couldnt get to them when i first installed them.

i should have gotten the low pro also. although luckily i have no vibes. everything works, trans selector is a lil stiffer, but still fully engagest no problem. after a few lil changes, nothing rubs, nothing touches etc. i had to cut the side of the engine skid cause it was hitting the down pipe and also had to add some washers to one of the bolts on the front of the engine skid because it extended to deep into the skid and hit the down pipe. had to drop the radiator down because it was hitting the radiator. all said and done it took me and my brother in law the better half of the day.

i will at some point get a 1mml which from what i read lift the engine back up 1inch so its back to being straight. i will also run a lowpro mount from what i read will drop the trans 1'' inch deeper into the skid. wich would put all the drivetrain angles back to 100% stock. am i right in assuming this guys ? id like to get all my drive line angles back to stock so i can install a 2 inch suspension lift with out adding a sye and a cv shaft. does that sound plausable ?

stratton.
Unread 05-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #83
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Aussie locker and Jks 1mml in the process of going in !

Stratton.
Unread 05-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #84
evilpersona
2004 LJ Wrangler 

hey stratton nice rig. idk if you are a member but there is a local forum for us long island guys that is actually very helpful. its called outlawed offroad. http://outlawedoffroad.com
evilpersona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #85
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

thanks, do you guys ever have any meet ups etc ?

stratton.
Unread 05-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #86
evilpersona
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Usually when it starts to get warm but a bunch of us hang out at Dave and busters in Farmingdale on Fridays
evilpersona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #87
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

got the locker and jks mounts made. shes ready for the trails. hitting tar hollow may 18th and 19th.

got to ride my quad the other day for a few hours. had a such a good time. now that the jeep is done for a while i can do some things the yamaha. just ordered wheel spacers, extended swing arm and handle bar risers. next is to pull the top end off and send it out to get ported and a hemi mod to the head along with a toomey pipe. rejett it and this will dayum near double the hp. going from 15whp to 30ish whp is gonna be sick. anybody else ride ?

stratton.
Unread 05-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #88
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRATTON
got the locker and jks mounts made. shes ready for the trails. hitting tar hollow may 18th and 19th.

got to ride my quad the other day for a few hours. had a such a good time. now that the jeep is done for a while i can do some things the yamaha. just ordered wheel spacers, extended swing arm and handle bar risers. next is to pull the top end off and send it out to get ported and a hemi mod to the head along with a toomey pipe. rejett it and this will dayum near double the hp. going from 15whp to 30ish whp is gonna be sick. anybody else ride ?

stratton.
I ride but not a lil blaster haha. I ride 2 wheels, 2011 crf450...

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 05-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #89
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

nice crf450's are bad ***.

dont understimate a blaster. when im done spending about 200 bucks on the top end and about 400 on a pipe it will be making what a banshee makes around 35ish whp give or take. it also weighs close to a hundred pounds less. really high bang for your buck. i owned a blaster years ago, im very familiar with them, and couldnt bring my self to buy a banshee. all the really clean shee's are about 4 grand or so. the blaster i now own was owned by some guy who took it up the block a handfull of times. its so clean, like i rolled right out the show room floor. i only paid 1400 with a legit regi. any other two stroke quad, worth its weight is to old imho. im a die hard two stroke guy, i dont think ill ever own a 4 stroke bike.

i added wheel spacers all around, 1inch steering bar riser wich helped so much, the sitting position is alot better. added a 2 inch extended swing arm. next up is sending the top end out, ordering a pipe and some vforce version 4 reeds/cage. also going to add a 400ex rear shock. then she's done.

as far as te jeep goes, i got my cb all wired up, mounted my firestick. the jeep is ready for a 3 day trail run this upcoming weekend. ill post some pics and hopefully vids when i get back ! cant wait to try out all the new parts !

ive got two more things i have to do before i go, trim my spare set of front fenders, plasti dip them flat black and install them. finish paiting the frame. i dont really have any thing else planned for the jeep anytime soon. unless some one notices a few cheap things that would be a good upgrade/add on, feel free to let me know !

stratton.
Unread 05-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #90
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRATTON
nice crf450's are bad ***.

dont understimate a blaster. when im done spending about 200 bucks on the top end and about 400 on a pipe it will be making what a banshee makes around 35ish whp give or take. it also weighs close to a hundred pounds less. really high bang for your buck. i owned a blaster years ago, im very familiar with them, and couldnt bring my self to buy a banshee. all the really clean shee's are about 4 grand or so. the blaster i now own was owned by some guy who took it up the block a handfull of times. its so clean, like i rolled right out the show room floor. i only paid 1400 with a legit regi. any other two stroke quad, worth its weight is to old imho. im a die hard two stroke guy, i dont think ill ever own a 4 stroke bike.

i added wheel spacers all around, 1inch steering bar riser wich helped so much, the sitting position is alot better. added a 2 inch extended swing arm. next up is sending the top end out, ordering a pipe and some vforce version 4 reeds/cage. also going to add a 400ex rear shock. then she's done.

as far as te jeep goes, i got my cb all wired up, mounted my firestick. the jeep is ready for a 3 day trail run this upcoming weekend. ill post some pics and hopefully vids when i get back ! cant wait to try out all the new parts !

ive got two more things i have to do before i go, trim my spare set of front fenders, plasti dip them flat black and install them. finish paiting the frame. i dont really have any thing else planned for the jeep anytime soon. unless some one notices a few cheap things that would be a good upgrade/add on, feel free to let me know !

stratton.
Wasn't bashing the power, there just kinda funny looking because there so small. I'm 6-3 and there's no way I could ride one ha. I love 2 smokes too I also have a 06 KX144 which I like for riding in the woods. I've also had a 07 YZ250 2 stroke and 04 440 EX big bore that I just sold but when it comes down to it the new 4 strokes are superior.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.