STRATTON's 02 TJ build, daily driver/weekend warrior - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > STRATTON's 02 TJ build, daily driver/weekend warrior

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 03-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #61
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

sandstone ? im not to sure. its not my fav by a long shot.

stratton.

STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #62
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

ordered some new fenders off ebay.

ordered 1.5 inch wheel spacers from rough country.

next is rad and p/s pump skids from rustys sometime this upcoming week.

stratton.
Unread 03-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #63
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

got my factory fender flares and 1.5' wheel spacers in the mail.

gonna install them tomorrow !

ordered 4 summit centercaps, they only come in chrome, so ill scuff them down and paint them black and install them when they come. also ordered to roll bar grab handles.

stratton.
Unread 03-29-2013, 07:43 PM   #64
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

new fenders, wheel spacers (need to install longer rear studs so the entire lug nut on the spacer engages the oem stud entirely), installed some lights, ill see how they work when i go out later tonight.

order up some more parts this upcoming week.

stratton.
Unread 04-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #65
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

ordering UCF skid plate system tomorrow, cant find the jeepforum discount promo code or id order it now. if i dont find it ill order it tomorrow over the phone.

anyone have any info on why jeep wranglers have shorter wheel studs in the rear. i found it odd. i guess ill have to pull the wheel off, spacer off, drum off, take some measurments and run to the part store and get some longer studs that sit some what flush with the spacer lug so it engages more.

stratton.
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #66
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

ordered UCF skid system, engine and transfer case. ordered an aussie front locker for my d30.

super excited to get these parts and put them in.

only things left at this point are rocker protection, jks quick sway bar disconnects, power steering pump and rad skid, most likely rusty units.

saturday im pulling off the rear wheels, and installing some longer wheel studs so the wheel spacers lugs fully engage.

stratton.
Unread 04-05-2013, 01:44 AM   #67
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Sound like you have some great stuff heading your way.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #68
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Sound like you have some great stuff heading your way.

swapped hoods today. tomorrow ill swap tailgates and address the wheel stud issue.

looks really bad *** in person. once i get the patinaed tailgate on it will look killer.

stratton.
Unread 04-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #69
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

got alot done this weekend. installed longer wheel studs on the rear. for anyone wanting to do this or who ran into the same issue with installing spacers on the rear with drums, all i did was get 10 wheel studs for the front, they fit perfect.

installed my centercaps on the wheels all around, swapped the patina'd tail gate on.

just waiting on the skid plates and locker to arrive.

ive decided to get tub mounted sliders due to your guys advice. ill buy smittys tub mounted sliders to keep all my stuff in the family.

also picked up 2'' bb, that will go in some day, if i ever do decide to throw in a d44 rear and some 35's . maybe next springs upgrade.

my brother in law picked up a clean 2000tj. so hell be getting a bl and 33's soon enough.

well both be ready for a big trail run in may !

stratton.
Unread 04-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #70
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

ended up a few days ago, matte clearing the hood and the tailgate, everytime it got wet, the fine rust dripped all over.

just ordered smitty built tub mounted xrc sliders with the bar. also ordered jks quick disconnects for a 0-2'' lift.

recieved a email yesterday telling me my skid plates have been shipped out and will be arriving the 17th of this month.

just have to get ahold of my old tranny guys and have him slap in the aussie locker.

as far as my current build stands im almost done. for this season at least. only thing left to get with in the next few weeks are rustys, steering pump and rad skid.

ill post some pics with in the next few weeks with everything thing on/in.

cant wait to hit the tar hollow crawl in may. 3 day event, over 20 miles of trails. was a absolute blast last time with just the 33's. now with some protection and a locker im gonna hit alot more of the "hero's."

agian thanks to all the help ive recieved from this forum threw all the posts and threads ive read.

and yes at some point the 3bl" will be cut down to a 1.5 and my 2''bb will be tossed in, some high clearence fenders, d44, 35s, re-gear.... etc ... etc, but let me stop. some day .

stratton.
Unread 04-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #71
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Do you have any upclose pictures of your hood. My buddy has a truck like that he wont shoot clean on it. He just wipes it down with WD40.
Unread 04-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #72
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

yeah i heard you can use wd40, but the thing about that is, when it rains, or has dew on it in the morning the rust still must run all over the good paint ie the fenders, bumper etc etc. theres now way that it wouldnt, wd40 or not. what i read about using wd40 is that it slows the rust down. unless im wrong and some how the wd40 keeps the rust on the hood from running down the side of the truck.

but yeah ill get a picture once this rain stops, so you can see what it looks like dry.

stratton.
Unread 04-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #73
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

His whole truck is rust. It's one of those bagged rat rods
Unread 04-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #74
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRATTON

swapped hoods today. tomorrow ill swap tailgates and address the wheel stud issue.

looks really bad *** in person. once i get the patinaed tailgate on it will look killer.

stratton.
Are you leaving it like that? Sorry but that looks like junk.

You can install the aussie locker your self. Its very easy to do, about a 3-4 hour job in our garage.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 04-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #75
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

heres a pic of the hood, ill try and get a better one up at some point. but to be honest im some what already over the rusted look lol.

got the xrc sliders on last night. i can deff feel the added weight though primarly threw increased body roll. im sure ill get use to it and not notice it in no time. although when i do a suspension life in the near future ill go with some heavy duty springs. im already thinking about getting a sye, cv shaft, low pro tranny mount, 1mml, and doing a 2 inch suspension lift and cutting the body lift way down, to about 1.5. im not sure on the time frame as to when i will be doing this, but it is in my near future i hope.

but im pleased at the jeeps current configuration.

jks quick disconnects showed up yesterday, ucf skid plates will be here tomorrow. this weekend i will install them, also plan on hitting the frame with some semi-gloss black rustoleum along with the arms.

getting the locker installed some time next week.

unsure on the radiator and power steering skid now because i dont know i want any more added weight. how important are these items and does anyone know of any real basic light weight units ?

stratton.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.