STRATTON's 02 TJ build, daily driver/weekend warrior - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > STRATTON's 02 TJ build, daily driver/weekend warrior

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #46
hokusi
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRATTON View Post
".........and call it a day. nothing to serious. simplicity and reliability is the goal."

stratton.
Famous last words. I said that about my jeep " just going to clean up the rust and thatssss it"....and now it is off the road being hacked half apart and installing boatside rockers.

hokusi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #47
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokusi View Post
Famous last words. I said that about my jeep " just going to clean up the rust and thatssss it"....and now it is off the road being hacked half apart and installing boatside rockers.
lol ! i know what your saying, but ive spent many years building cars. many long nights building motors, many long nights watching my cars on the dyno.

im threw with the builds that never end and just seem to forever evolve.

all i have planned for the truck at this point is, rustys engine and oil pan skid, ufc tummy tuck, a rock slider still up in the air,full sized spare and matching rim and a lunchbox style front locker. a few interior things like grab bars, door armrests etc.

maybe in a few years if i still have the jeep, a built d44 rear end with a locker, some 35's and a legite suspension lift.

compared to what ive spent on cars, this would be a cheap build in comparison.

scored a few items today that will come in handy next time i go wheeling.

my buddy gave me this out of his 18wheeler, its a cobra cb. just need an antenna and fab up some sort of mouting bracket. anyone know where i can score an anttena and any other need cb equipment ?

scored like 5 MRE's i think they are called, ready to eat meals like the military, but they are actually pretty good. i ate one today for lunch. after hurricane sandy FEMA was driving around handing boxs out to people in areas the were hit hard. one of the customers whos house i was working out said take a bunch that he didnt need them. figured it would be cool to have. after my last time wheeling my dumb *** forgot to bring food or anything to drink. luckly one of the guys in the group let us make a sandwich etc. so this solves that problem.

stratton.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #48
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
rustys engine and oil pan skid, ufc tummy tuck,

my buddy gave me this out of his 18wheeler, its a cobra cb. just need an antenna and fab up some sort of mouting bracket. anyone know where i can score an anttena and any other need cb equipment ?
Why go with the rusty engine skid and not a ufc skid to match your tummy tuck?

For cb antenna mount check out the Teraflex behind the taillight bracket. http://www.rightchannelradios.com/te...-cj-yj-tj.html

For a neat Cb mount check this link out http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/h...-mount-733572/
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #49
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i prolly should go with the ufc one right. the price is up there, but im sure its a better unit. ill most likely opt for the carbon steel ones. i like all the aluminum ones but they are expensive.

thank you for the links !

stratton.
Unread 11-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #50
herklord
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Put full size spare on the list if not already purchased
J
Unread 11-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #51
synolimit
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
hey man what kinda imports ? i was mostly into b13s. i owned 3 sentra sers and 4 nx2ks. heres a few pics of the one i put most of my money and time into. it went threw many motors and suspension set ups and exterior looks. the pics are prior to me deciding to go back to all motor. this turbo motor was fully built and made 400whp at 18psi was a low 11sec car all day.

it later went on to be a high compression sr20ve bored and stroked out to 2.4 with 15:1 comp pistons and then later on to be a bored 2.3 with a stock crank. both the all motor motors ended up being diastars, but you learn from your mistakes. these pics were actually featured in maxx tunning mag..
Nice.

Started with civics. My baby back in the day was a 99si with a turbo kit I built. Only got to 290whp on 11psi and that's all I dared do on a stock motor and tranny etc. at a gutted 2000lbs it moved! And was a sleeper.

Last 2 builds were a 09 WRX at 330awhp 360awtq then moved all the parts to an 11 WRX for the wide body and added some for a track setup at 336awhp 396awtq. Again stock motor, tranny and turbo so that's all the little snail had in it. I knocked some weight off the 11 down to 2900ish with the seats out but never got it to the track 2 other guys with almost the same setups went 11.7 and 11.8 so I know I could of done that since I drag a lot.

If I keep this (big boy grown up car, 12 GS) I might add a tune and wheels and lower it. Guys are around 290ish whp but its a boat! Even then the 14x1.25" rotors, Brembo 4 piston calipers and 3 mode suspension settings firms it up quite nice and it handles pretty well and can stop! nice and luxury and quiet!!

synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #52
synolimit
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose340 View Post
They mount to the body mounts. Not the straight frame. I have put these though some abuse and they haven't bent or broke on me. I came down on a stump hard all it did was knock some coating off. As for the diamond plating that is the stock TJ rubicon rocker guards. Which I figured were strong enough for me but I needed a step, so thats the main reason I got the ACE sliders
Ok thanks. Been looking at the rugged ridge but I think they're frame mounted. Look almost 100% to yours but I think a little cheaper. I only want them as a step too.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #53
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Synolimit nice cars.

Stratton.
Unread 11-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #54
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

not much done lately. not sure if i mentioned this but i gave it a nice oil and filter change. i cleaned off the k&n filter and re-oiled it. today changed the spark plugs to some nice new champion ones.

went to swap in the battery i had but it was too tall and the terminals where swapped (+&-) on the wrong side. ill most likely get a new battery sometime next week if i have time. after that shell be fully tuned up and ready to take on the quickly approaching winter.

leaning towards tub mounted sliders. i see exactly what you guys are saying as for the downfalls of frame or body mounted rails.

my next move is a full ufc tummy tuck. 1/4 aluminum motor and oil pan one and the transfer case one. i think that will make a huge diff on the trails plus darn good good (making the bottom of the truck much shorter etc).

stratton.
Unread 11-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #55
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah ricer's! Lol JK.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 12-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #56
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327 View Post
Yeah ricer's! Lol JK.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
lol. believe it or not the car was a rocket ship. stupid fast. so fast that it was dayum near useless on the street. would spin tires well past 100mph. it would have no problem slaying supras, z06s, new 5.0 stangs etc, obvioulsy all within reason. it was a lowww 11sec street car. pure highway car.

i sold that motor and built another motor that i felt would be better suited for street racing, something that would be really good off the line instead of a highway killer.

anyways did a lil wheeling yesterday, nothing difficult though, just killed some time.

hopefully some new parts after the holidays, or with some holiday money i get as gifts. i spent nearly 2 grand bewteen my last tuition payment for the semester and my fiance for x-mas.

only thing left like ive said before, rock sliders, ufc full skid plates, aussie front locker and random interior parts and maybe some better headlights.

stratton.
Unread 03-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #57
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

about to start ordering some new parts within the next few weeks to get ready for a off road event at in the middle of may.

ufc tummy tuck, ufc engine skid, rustys 1.5 wheel spacers, new factory fender flares, radiator and power steering pump skids (looking for cheap ones any opinions), some sort of side rocker, still undecided but will mostly go frame mounted, jks sway bar disconnects, and finally a aussie front lunch box locker (should make a huge diff !).

ill post pics as things start coming in and getting put on.

currently i havent done much other then a the regular oil changes, alignment because i slid into some one who stopped short and cranked the wheel out on his bumper, rotated the tires. but other then that nothing, this jeep is super reliable, still in love with it everyday.

stratton.
Unread 03-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #58
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Rusty makes a nice radiator skid.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #59
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

thanks midnight, i was thinking the same thing, and their only 60 bucks, and the p/s skid is only 60 also. im also gonna be ordering their wheel spacers, so i might as well get that all from the same place.

just one question, rustys rad skid wont interfere with the ufc engine skid ?

stratton.
Unread 03-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #60
tssguy123
1996 XJ Cherokee 

What is that paint color called? It's probably my favorite on TJs.
tssguy123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.