STRATTON's 02 TJ build, daily driver/weekend warrior - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > STRATTON's 02 TJ build, daily driver/weekend warrior

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #31
Moose340
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Stratton, you were asking about sliders. I have some made by ACE they mount to the body mounts. They are very solid and can take a good hit.
http://www.aceengineeringandfab.com/...ders_p_10.html
Here is what the look like on mine

As for lift. Zone or BDS is a very good choice. They are sister companys. I havent hear to many complaints about either one

Moose340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #32
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRATTON View Post
exactly, i was even thinking quadratec blocks and splurging on some high end shocks. id like to have something thats has really nice on road manners. does the one you recommend have what im looking for ?

stratton.
I'm unsure of what Zone offers shock wise. I would just get the cheapest 2" spacers you can find, then the appropriate length shocks. Do you plan to stay at this height for long? If so, then go for some nice shocks. The Bilsteins seem to have great performance for the price.

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #33
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose340 View Post
Hey Stratton, you were asking about sliders. I have some made by ACE they mount to the body mounts. They are very solid and can take a good hit.

As for lift. Zone or BDS is a very good choice. They are sister companys. I havent hear to many complaints about either one
those look very nice, do you have any other pics you can post, maybe one kneeling so the camera is level with the sliders ?

ok not sure what bds is ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak17 View Post
I'm unsure of what Zone offers shock wise. I would just get the cheapest 2" spacers you can find, then the appropriate length shocks. Do you plan to stay at this height for long? If so, then go for some nice shocks. The Bilsteins seem to have great performance for the price.
i plan on cutting 1.5 inches out of the bd and installing a 2 or 2.5 inch spring spacers. so a total of 3.5 or 4 inches of lift. going with 35s down the road for a lcg build. built rear d44 with a locker and call it a day. nothing to serious. simplicity and reliability is the goal.

rear bumper came today, ill have it installed this sunday if i have time, along with replacing any tune up parts that need to be replaced etc.

thanks for the opinions guys !

stratton.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #34
Moose340
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
those look very nice, do you have any other pics you can post, maybe one kneeling so the camera is level with the sliders ?

ok not sure what bds is ?

thanks for the opinions guys !

stratton.
Sure I have plenty of pictures. If I dont have what you want I can grab them in the morning

here is one showing how far they stick out

BDS is a lower priced suspension company that produces a very great and well made product. The also have a "You break it, We fix it" warrenty
here is the link http://bds-suspension.com/
Unread 11-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #35
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

that looks really good, i like the way it mounts also. i deff have some thinking to do.

installed the rear bumper. ill post pics tomorrow just have to put in 4 more bolts on each side. it was getting dark out side and i couldnt see the back holes and i have to thread chase theh factory bottom threads. detailed the truck, an oil and filter change. i picked up some new champion spark plugs. jumper cables cause their always good to have.

really only have a few things for my short list of things to do for the jeep. replace the steering box, replace the ac codensor, and rock sliders.

stratton.
Unread 11-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #36
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

heres a shot of the rear bumper.

only a few more exterior mods and then i can get to the stuff that makes a real difference, like a front locker, skid plates and a tummy tuck !

stratton.
Unread 11-19-2012, 01:46 AM   #37
synolimit
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose340 View Post

I think I'm in the same boat as the OP (even years of building imports). want a lift, 2-3in and spend on a budget. As for the sliders I thought everyone said a tub mount. These still look like a frame mounted system no? Just curious of the diamond plate then on the tub.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #38
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

The Ace sliders would be the tubes mounted to the frame, diamond plate is the stock Rubi sliders.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #39
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I would avoid frame mounted sliders.

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 07:53 AM   #40
hokusi
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Trucks looking good Stratton. Where are you in Suffolk? I am in Medford. Always nice to know local guys with jeeps. Shame that use islanders dont have any good local places to go wheeling other then the beaches (but thats not exactly challanging trail rides). Where did you go upstate when you went wheeling?
hokusi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #41
Moose340
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit

I think I'm in the same boat as the OP (even years of building imports). want a lift, 2-3in and spend on a budget. As for the sliders I thought everyone said a tub mount. These still look like a frame mounted system no? Just curious of the diamond plate then on the tub.
They mount to the body mounts. Not the straight frame. I have put these though some abuse and they haven't bent or broke on me. I came down on a stump hard all it did was knock some coating off. As for the diamond plating that is the stock TJ rubicon rocker guards. Which I figured were strong enough for me but I needed a step, so thats the main reason I got the ACE sliders
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #42
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
hey man what kinda imports ? i was mostly into b13s. i owned 3 sentra sers and 4 nx2ks. heres a few pics of the one i put most of my money and time into. it went threw many motors and suspension set ups and exterior looks. the pics are prior to me deciding to go back to all motor. this turbo motor was fully built and made 400whp at 18psi was a low 11sec car all day.

it later went on to be a high compression sr20ve bored and stroked out to 2.4 with 15:1 comp pistons and then later on to be a bored 2.3 with a stock crank. both the all motor motors ended up being diastars, but you learn from your mistakes. these pics were actually featured in maxx tunning mag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokusi View Post
Trucks looking good Stratton. Where are you in Suffolk? I am in Medford. Always nice to know local guys with jeeps. Shame that use islanders dont have any good local places to go wheeling other then the beaches (but thats not exactly challanging trail rides). Where did you go upstate when you went wheeling?
thanks, im a town over, i live in farmingville, the event i went to in sept was krawl for kids, **** i forget the exact town, it was like a few towns over from margretsville. they have two events each year. im also trying to get to rausch creek in the near future. heres a few more pics from the event.

it was a ****ing blast from start to finish, ill deff be hitting up there next event in the spring !

stratton.
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #43
NYGLT56
Your Local Body Builder
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak17 View Post
I would avoid frame mounted sliders.

x2

Also, I looked at your specs....3.93 lirc gear ratio. ummm
Unread 11-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #44
hokusi
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
thanks, im a town over, i live in farmingville, the event i went to in sept was krawl for kids, **** i forget the exact town, it was like a few towns over from margretsville. they have two events each year. im also trying to get to rausch creek in the near future. heres a few more pics from the event.

it was a ****ing blast from start to finish, ill deff be hitting up there next event in the spring !

stratton.
Yea, farmingville is very close, nice. That run looked like alot of fun. I seems like a really nice place. Were the trails difficult or was it more of a scenic run?

I went to rausch creek last spring. its really nice place. Alot of fun trails for all level drivers. We are planning on going up again this coming spring. If you hear of any runs let me know.
hokusi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #45
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

some of them were, there was alot more difficult parts called 'heros' that I avoided, but i also did a few heros too. next time i will be hitting all heros.

its a 3 day event wich is great also. i only did one day, should have stayed and did the other two days, next time.

stratton.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.