Storm Trooper Build.... 3/29/2014 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Storm Trooper Build.... 3/29/2014

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.850" LED Light Bar with Overhead Mounting Brackets $69

Unread 03-29-2014, 11:28 PM   #1
Wrongway14
2014 JK Wrangler 

Storm Trooper Build.... 3/29/2014

Been hard at work. Purchased a 2014 Rubicon JK to do some light wheeling and site traveling for work.e

Spent close to about 40 hours just trying to decide what lift to purchase and after going back and fourth a few times, I chose the AEV 3.5 RC Lift with the B5600 remote reservoir shocks.

After about 14 hours of labor, installing the lift was fairly straight forward. Dealing with each issue as it came up. Most of the instructions were fairly basic but I was able to get through them without any issue.

I love how the lift works and provides plenty of ground clearance and articulation that I will need for now.

I decided to go with Goodyear MTR/Kevlar tires 37X12.50X17. What a massive tire!... My local tire and wheel company assured me a wheel with a 5" back spacing would't cause any rubbing issues.. They were wrong!. So I'm picking up some 1.5" spacers from Teraflex to minimize the rubbing on the arms and sway bar ends.

More to come of that when I get them installed. Anyone have issues with spacers?

The front air dam (plastic) is taking most the beating from the tires, so some trimming has been done, but still needs a little more. The front bumper is also subject to some tire touch age.

I just finished ordering a Teraflex HD Tire carrier for 37's Seems to fit what I want to do.

I have not yet decided on which bumpers to go with. I did remove the stock fenders and put Poison Spider standard width aluminum crushers in place. They look really cool and provide more room for the tires to hide in.

I also dabbled on Amazon for some pillar switch mount kits, so more info on that later also.

When I get my pictures I will post some up.

Anywho! Cheers! might be looking for some Jeep trips to join in on. Would love to go visit some known trails for some fun.

WW

Wrongway14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.