From a stocker to "The Zombicon" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > From a stocker to "The Zombicon"

Advance Adapters SYE KitsCustom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 09-17-2014, 02:35 PM   #1
ZombiconTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

From a stocker to "The Zombicon"

Our first Jeep was a '97 4cyl 2.5l soft top TJ got totalled in a 4 car pile up, two years ago. We took the insurance money and upgraded to a 97 TJ Sahara hard top, rolling on 31"x10.5" Yokahama Geolanders. Drove it for a year, and put rock sliders and a winch bumper up front, with a 9500# Superwinch and explored hundreds of miles of trails in our nearby mountains and deserts. Last January, I upgraded the rear axles to G2 hardened axles, and installed a full time Detroit Locker in the D35.

Well, 5 months later, I decided it was now time to do the suspension and lift upgrade. It came with a 2" budget boost lift (spring spacers), on tired factory springs. It ended up with a complete short arm kit, with 4" springs and gas shocks, plus the spacers and adapters needed to make it work. I rebuild the transfer case with a SYE and replaced my drive shaft with a double cardan rear drive shaft. Replaced the stock rear upper control arms with Rubicon Express Super-Flex arms to set the pinion angle. Swapped out rims and tires to 33"x12.5" BFG All Terrains and 15x9" aluminum rims. Replaced the steering dampener at the same time. I designed some graphics for the hood, to match the them we'd been building on, and named it ZOMBICON.

#1 First Jeep: '97 TJ soft top, 4 cyl (Flipped/reversed photo for same bodyline comparisons).
#2 Replacement Jeep: '97 TJ Sahara hard top, 6 cyl.
#3 The Zombie Hunter: Added rear window graphics, rock sliders, front bumper, winch, rear locker and hardened axles.
#4 ZOMBICON: Upgraded suspension, tire size, springs, control arms, added armor to differentials and added a front locker.

2011-08-06-15.02.31flippedrs.jpg   100_3254rs.jpg   dscf6661rs.jpg  
dscf8194rs.jpg

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.