"Stealth Gray" Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > "Stealth Gray" Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAll Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 03-13-2015, 11:38 PM   #1
tylersheppeard
1997 TJ Wrangler 

"Stealth Gray" Build

Hey everyone! This is my first personal vehicle, but not our first Jeep. It's a '97 TJ that I bought with money I saved up and everything on it will be paid for out of my pocket (except a few gifts from my family). I'm a high school senior so the cash flow isn't very high, hence this will be a progressive build. When I bought the TJ, it was bone stock with the exception of the radio. Kinda happy, however, as I know the quality of every modification that will be made to it/on it. I like to do things "right" and when I upgrade one component, I like to do everything around it. I'm calling it a "Stealth Gray" build because the color of the jeep is a personal favorite of mine that reminds me of the color of fighter jets. I'm going to accent the paint color with flat black, as it looks good against the gray paint and matches the soft top. If you have any ideas, please, don't hesitate to chime in! I love opinions and feedback.

image-651856184.jpg

image-2468977356.jpg

image-4293784447.jpg

image-279880071.jpg

image-3689814657.jpg

Unread 03-13-2015, 11:49 PM   #2
tylersheppeard
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Dad told me today that my early graduation present is a lift and new tires. He ordered a SkyJacker 2.5" lift and 31" General Grabber AT^2. The tire size, from what I read, is good as a dd size. I like bigger tires, but I also like gas mileage. And I really don't want to regear... Anyway, I'm also getting my rims powder coated flat black. And I'm going to paint the headlight trim rings flat black as well. I hope all goes well!
Unread 03-14-2015, 05:35 AM   #3
reichard117

2014 JK Wrangler 

Congrats on your jeep pal! I got my TJ as a grad. present my senior year. You'll be happy with 2.5" and 31's. Its the prefect place to learn your jeep and see where you want to go with it. Do you have the 4.0 or 2.5?
'14 JK - My JK Build
'00 XJ - Currently unwanted project
Follow me on Instagram - thereich
reichard117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2015, 08:56 AM   #4
ravenworks
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Nice clean TJ,ask your dad if he would consider a different brand of lift,you'll be happy with 31's for a DD.
I.U.O.E. - 18
ravenworks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2015, 09:08 AM   #5
tylersheppeard
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I've got the 2.5! he (my father) has a JK with a V6 and it's what I've driven for the passed year. It, and another TJ we had are the reasons I love Jeeps so much!
Unread 03-14-2015, 04:59 PM   #6
tylersheppeard
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Got the new tires on this morning! They're 30.5" General Grabber AT^2. Here's a pic with them on. This is without the lift on. We are planning on putting on the lift as well as new carpet next weekend, as well as a new sound system my grandparents got me as a birthday present.
image-4253210026.jpg

Unread 03-16-2015, 04:42 PM   #7
tylersheppeard
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Got the top off today and painted the headlight bezels flat black! Can't wait to get the lift on this weekend!
image-1380850632.jpg

image-2333289307.jpg

Unread 03-22-2015, 02:51 PM   #8
tylersheppeard
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Got the lift on this weekend and decided to test it out and get a little muddy
image-1672644671.jpg

image-3594857950.jpg

image-230579229.jpg

image-389804173.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.