sskilla's build thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > sskilla's build thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 11-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #46
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskilla View Post
thanks man. i hope to get into the upgrades guys really like to see soon. i was upside down in the TJ and just couldnt afford the payments with the job i had at the time.

found the ZJ at a JY and just bought it outright so now i dont have a payment at all
gotcha zj not jy i kept going back thinking ive never heard of jy but he said it a few times (jeep noob ).

i can totally relate to not wanting to have payments. luckily i went from have a daily driver and a race car, sold them both of and made the smart move and bought my tj out right.

i do like how zj's look when done right.

keep up the good work !

stratton.

STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #47
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRATTON View Post
gotcha zj not jy i kept going back thinking ive never heard of jy but he said it a few times (jeep noob ).

i can totally relate to not wanting to have payments. luckily i went from have a daily driver and a race car, sold them both of and made the smart move and bought my tj out right.

i do like how zj's look when done right.

keep up the good work !

stratton.
nice! welcome to the wide world of jeep. YJ's are what wranglers were before they were TJ's. pre 96 i believe, when they still had square headlights. my first vehicle ever was a 95 YJ.

and yes, the extra room has been incredibly useful. its also going to allow me to have my sounds system as well as my tool box built in the back when i get around to it.
[SIZE="1"][B]'95 ZJ:[/B] 5.2 v8 / 249 > 242 > 231 Tcase swap / 46RH / 3.5" IRO + 1.5" pucks / IRO Adj Front Lower CA's / IRO Double Shear Adj Track Bar / 33" BFG KM2's / JKS Quicker Disco's / IRO rear end links / Kegger Mod / Super 44 Flowmaster / Novak Cable Shifter / Kevins Radiator Support / JKS Bar pin eliminators / Yukon Chromoly Rear Axles / IRO SS Brake Lines / Stillen cross-drilled rotors / Flowcooler water pump[/SIZE]

[B][I]It's got guts. Jeep guts. Jeep, the toughest four letter word on wheels. F@#% Yeah.[/I][/B]

[size="1"][I]R.I.P. 2000 TJ[/I][/size]
[size="1"][I]R.I.P. '95 YJ[/I][/size]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="3"][FONT="IMPACT"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/sskillas-build-thread-1408321"][COLOR="Black"]Build Thread[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
sskilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2012, 11:52 AM   #48
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

got a chance to get muddy!

::

wish we could have got some pics of the action. we were just having too much fun lol
[SIZE="1"][B]'95 ZJ:[/B] 5.2 v8 / 249 > 242 > 231 Tcase swap / 46RH / 3.5" IRO + 1.5" pucks / IRO Adj Front Lower CA's / IRO Double Shear Adj Track Bar / 33" BFG KM2's / JKS Quicker Disco's / IRO rear end links / Kegger Mod / Super 44 Flowmaster / Novak Cable Shifter / Kevins Radiator Support / JKS Bar pin eliminators / Yukon Chromoly Rear Axles / IRO SS Brake Lines / Stillen cross-drilled rotors / Flowcooler water pump[/SIZE]

[B][I]It's got guts. Jeep guts. Jeep, the toughest four letter word on wheels. F@#% Yeah.[/I][/B]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="3"][FONT="IMPACT"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/sskillas-build-thread-1408321"][COLOR="Black"]Build Thread[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
Unread 11-05-2012, 12:24 AM   #49
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

nice, gonna get a front bumper ?

stratton.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #50
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRATTON View Post
nice, gonna get a front bumper ?

stratton.
i was hoping to take some welding and fabrication courses at the community college so i could build my own. not sure when thats gonna happen so i might just get rough country's winch plate and build a bumper around it later on.

we'll see.

Unread 02-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #51
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

man its been a long time since ive done anything with the jeep or my thread!

well, finally had a nice day and thought id browse the local JY and found this guy!

covered in grease and grim on my the bottom and dirt and mud on the top

:

all cleaned up and painted:

got it installed except for the unibody side. dont have the nutserts for that bolt so I think ill just #10 hex head self tap it.

Unread 03-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #52
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

decided to put some new hubs in. probably time anyway, they looked like original ones.

:

Unread 04-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #53
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

upgraded and freshened up my front brake system with IRO's extended Stainless Steel brake lines, Stillen cross drilled rotors (from Kolak, thanks dude!), new reman calipers and thermalquiet pads.

:

edit: the brake line wrench set shown above... utterly useless...

Unread 05-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #54
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

replaced my cooling system with a Flowcooler high flow water pump, new radiator, hoses, thermostat housing, and thermostat.

had some clearance issues with the water pump but managed to press the blades on a bit more and had to double up on my gaskets. got it all sorted and workin.

seem to have lost my pics of the process

edit: And here 4 months later she's runnin hot... not sure if its the corner store radiator or that flowcooler not functioning correctly... bummer. I ripped the padding from the underside of my hood off and am looking into some louvers or venting to help heat escape.

Unread 09-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #55
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

ok the runnin hot issue turned out to be a bad thermosat. cheap fix!

Unread 09-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #56
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

ordered some Genright Hood Louvers to help reduce the underhood temps... who am I kiddin.. I got em cause they look cool.

:

:

Unread 09-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #57
B52dude
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Diggin' the louvers man!

Red Jeep Club #614
B52dude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #58
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B52dude View Post
Diggin' the louvers man!
thanks bro!

Unread 09-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #59
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

THAT'S what that noise was....

so replaced that mess'a shi...

also, noticed that one of my phenolic pistons was crackin... ill be replacing those rear calipers soon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.